Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 16th September 2006, 01:53   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Guys,

Today I Received The Parcel Of Pioneer 8850 And Ipod Adapter From Delhi.
So Have A Look..

congrats mugen on getting the stuff....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 08:19   #137
Senior - BHPian

Default iPod Adaptor

Hey Mugen can you tell me who you the ipod adaptor from and how much it costed you? I need one also.

regards
Vikram
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 22:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Today Went To Ahmedabad For Audition Of Illusion Audio Setup Done By B&T.
There Were One Mondeo, One Vectra, One CRV With Same Components,Same Subs But Different Amps.
I Had Taken 2 Cds Of My Taste And Heard In Mondeo And Vectra For Half An Hour.
SQ Was Excellent..Simply Amazing..Audio Level And Tunning Was Superb..
And Finally Going To Bombay For My Installation..

The Mondeo And Vectra Setup.

HU - Pioneer 9650
Front - Illusion lm 6.1
Rear - Illusion lm 6.1
Sub - 2x10'' By Illusion.
Amps - One Velocity 4 Channel Amp And One Pioneer Monoblock Amp.

Few Pics..

The Owner Of These Cars Has Beauties Like Two BMW 7 Series And Porsche Cayenne Turbo.
Thank You B&T For Your Co-Operation.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 16th September 2006 at 22:59.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 23:16   #139
Senior - BHPian

Hey Great Mugen!... You have a good HU and Comps... GO ahead enjoy your install !

Do put up snaps!!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 23:56   #140
BHPian

Its nice to hear that you finally got the sound you wanted in your car all this long.

TO be honest the installation is quite average taking into account a luxury car like Mondeo & Vectra in which it is installed.

The detailing is not there at all to justify the equipment. I was surprised to see the Pioneer amplifier bolted to car chassis by using "visible" central locking metal strip . The cable ties are not snipped, different speaker cables are used etc

As per my observation I think there is one pair of tweeter running in the car. As I can see tweeter connections on only two crossovers out of four. The other two are just running midbasses.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 11:26   #141
Senior - BHPian

The Final Setup Will Be..

Pioneer 8850 Head Unit.
Pioneer CD IB100II Ipod Adapter.
Front : Illusion Audio lm6.1 Components.
Rear : Illusion Audio lm6.1 Components.
Subwoofer : Illusion Audio lm 12"x2 Subs.
Subwoofer enclosure will Be custom-made with 0.75in MDFand will be a very strong braced box.
with a plexiglass window and internal neon illumination.
Amp : Pioneer 6200 4 Channel Amp.
Amp : Pioneer D510 Monoblock.
Wiring : Ichibahn IKIT8 x 2.
Damping : Wurth 3 Sheets.

Total = 100K

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 17th September 2006, 11:51   #142
BANNED

Nice to know you've finally got what you wanted.
So, you're gonna do the install at Mumbai? Who all will be involved?
Keep us posted with before, ongoing and after install pics. Please highlight how each and every component is fitted in. This will help a lot in DIY. And we'll be highly thankful.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 17:48   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
TO be honest the installation is quite average taking into account a luxury car like Mondeo & Vectra in which it is installed.

The detailing is not there at all to justify the equipment. I was surprised to see the Pioneer amplifier bolted to car chassis by using "visible" central locking metal strip . The cable ties are not snipped, different speaker cables are used etc

As per my observation I think there is one pair of tweeter running in the car. As I can see tweeter connections on only two crossovers out of four. The other two are just running midbasses.
Your words lead me to believe that each and every one of your installs, irrespective of budget and need, turn out to be show car installs in terms of looks. Maybe that's the reason that the 4L install in the red Skoda that LBM mentions has voltages dropping to 9V but all of it perhaps looks exceedingly good. ,or should I say . But i'm sure it's not just another average install.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 18:09   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Your words lead me to believe that each and every one of your installs, irrespective of budget and need, turn out to be show car installs in terms of looks. Maybe that's the reason that the 4L install in the red Skoda that LBM mentions has voltages dropping to 9V but all of it perhaps looks exceedingly good
Dude, JB is a perfectionist (as anyone who has seen him at work will tell you). Knowing JB, it was meant to be constructive criticism. Your response... criticise his work, based on one persons "report". To compare this install with one of his is a bit... childish.

While there are at least 10 other forum members who have seen and heard that car and can vouch for the install, including Sam. And last but not the least the owner himself, I can gladly give you his number. Call and ask him if he has any problems with voltage dips or whatever. And while you're at it, try and do the math, that install did NOT cost 4L. But then I guess you believe everything LBM tells you...

And to answer your question, we DONT DO average installs. Nothing that has our name linked to it will look like that install JB commented on.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 18:40   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, JB is a perfectionist (as anyone who has seen him at work will tell you). Knowing JB, it was meant to be constructive criticism. Your response... criticise his work, based on one persons "report". To compare this install with one of his is a bit... childish.
Unfair comparison considering one has a functional deficiency and the other is based on looks, detailing, accenting? Sure it is childish. I would furnish some more details and explanations to explain the 'look' of the install that JB constructively criticized, or to mention how there is no consequence of any of that mentioned on the way the system sounds etc, but that would be too childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
While there are at least 10 other forum members who have seen and heard that car and can vouch for the install, including Sam. And last but not the least the owner himself, I can gladly give you his number. Call and ask him if he has any problems with voltage dips or whatever. And while you're at it, try and do the math, that install did NOT cost 4L. But then I guess you believe everything LBM tells you...
Let me tell you that I have heard about this car from one forum member other than LBM, and his description matched that of LBM's, that it was clean and good looking, but wasn't really anything remotely like great sounding. But it sure gives me confidence to listen to and believe most of the stuff that LBM tells me.
Old 17th September 2006, 18:41   #146
Senior - BHPian

Here we go ............

Yes I agree with the comments related to AESTHETICS here (IMO)... The rest no one can comment apon without listening to them!... So lets just leave it at that shall we!
Old 17th September 2006, 18:55   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Here we go ............

Yes I agree with the comments related to AESTHETICS here (IMO)... The rest no one can comment apon without listening to them!... So lets just leave it at that shall we!
Kb, that wire section under the crossovers is covered by a opaque acrylic sheet (not featured in the pic), and that central locking patti was installed by a local installer a few years down the line after the amp was removed for some reason. This setup was originally installed nearly 3 years ago. This install was not done in Bombay, but in Ahmedabad. And the whole install was completed in one day. The budget of the system was nearly a lac of rupees, with no special allocation for 'detailing'.

But it's nice and interesting to see the perfectionist comments rain in with not so much as a clue about much else.
Old 17th September 2006, 19:15   #148
Senior - BHPian

Well... That explains the whole thing then!...

B&T .. Honestly... There is no mention of anything negative other than "install" & "detailing" in JB's post.... The rest of it was about the number of tweeters/woofers etc and in no way critical.. If anyting, all he has pointed out was that the quality of install did not seem worthy of the equipment used and the vehicle its done in! - and that is HIS opinion - the perfectionist that he is ackowledged to be!

Lastly dont get me wrong here... I am part of no "CAMP " - just calling it as I see it! ... I'd love it if we can all just be friends!

Last edited by kb100 : 17th September 2006 at 19:17.
Old 17th September 2006, 21:51   #149
Senior - BHPian

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
I'd love it if we can all just be friends!
As Lennon put it :
"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one"

@Mugen_power : Good luck with your install. As SpeedZak has mentioned, It would be great to see a photo-documentation of the install if possible... Yours ICEing is an above average budget affair so would be good to see how it turns out... Hope you enjoy the sounds
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 22:30   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Nice to know you've finally got what you wanted.
So, you're gonna do the install at Mumbai? Who all will be involved?
Keep us posted with before, ongoing and after install pics. Please highlight how each and every component is fitted in. This will help a lot in DIY. And we'll be highly thankful.
@ speedzak,

I Am Going to Bombay For Installation.
B&T Will Arrange All Things.
And Will Definately Post The Pics..

@ S0uljah,

Thanks And Will Post The Photo Documentation.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.