Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2006, 17:32   #181
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
damn! the 5 seater innova!

what next, Thule?
5 Seater Innova? Meaning?
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 18:00   #182
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

I think Jkdas is asking about the last row of seats. What happens to them? it should be kept folded to keep the sub boxes?

And why are the sub and co-axials mounted this way?
Is it one box housing the sub and the co-axials??

Sorry for so many questions B&T. But teeny weenies like me always like to keep nagging!!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 18:17   #183
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I think Jkdas is asking about the last row of seats. What happens to them? it should be kept folded to keep the sub boxes?
Ohh! No No, this is not a 5 seater or anything. Regular 8 seater Innova. Last row seats fold sideways up against the side walls, not ahead like a Wagon R. In the pic also, they are folded that way, but doesnt mean they have to stay that way. The enclosure is entirely after the last row seating gets over. You can open the seats without having to remove the boxes, so seating capacity is not compromised.

Both subwoofer enclosures are independently detachable. The subwoofers accept Banana Plugs, not clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
And why are the sub and co-axials mounted this way?
Is it one box housing the sub and the co-axials??
Sir! Where are you seeing the coaxials in the picture? According to you it's the ones below, or the ones on top?

In any case, there are only two pieces of audio equipment in that picture. And both are 12" subs. What you see at the bottom (which you perhaps perceive as coaxials) is the reflection of the front of the subs that are mounted inverted on top.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 20:14   #184
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Ohh! No No, this is not a 5 seater or anything. Regular 8 seater Innova. Last row seats fold sideways up against the side walls, not ahead like a Wagon R. In the pic also, they are folded that way, but doesnt mean they have to stay that way. The enclosure is entirely after the last row seating gets over. You can open the seats without having to remove the boxes, so seating capacity is not compromised.
oh yah. But you would need Thule

neat job.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 22:00   #185
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

I dont know how it looks in real. I find this mirror thingy a bit funny. It steals the maturity out of this neatly done install. I didn't believe when I heard/saw first, that's why I asked you.
Can you give a step by step photo sequence if possible. It would help really good for others as Gunbir&JB's Innova install helped many innova owners.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 22:45   #186
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,879 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
In any case, there are only two pieces of audio equipment in that picture. And both are 12" subs. What you see at the bottom (which you perhaps perceive as coaxials) is the reflection of the front of the subs that are mounted inverted on top.
no what he percives are coaxials are actually the magnets of the subs. few subs have magnets in front of the cone. that is where most coaxials have thier tweeters.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 23:55   #187
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Exactly NavinJi. I couldn't believe it was a mirror there. I counted it to be co-axials.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 10:23   #188
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

I think it's a very nice and innovative subwoofer box, that looks very nice indeed. Choice of equipment is pretty good too.

I'm impressed B&T. How does it sound?
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 11:16   #189
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I'm impressed B&T. How does it sound?
As comment by mugen and B&T both the setup rocks...the sound is good and clean..
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 13:00   #190
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I think it's a very nice and innovative subwoofer box, that looks very nice indeed. Choice of equipment is pretty good too.

I'm impressed B&T. How does it sound?
Thank you sir.

You should hear it and tell me. Know what, I'll catch you at Naaz compound some afternoon, and we can both go down. I've heard there's a direct bus from Bandra Talao. If we catch from Bombay Central, then we have to change bus at the interchange for Kabul.

Jokes apart, it's a pretty simple setup, and the only jazz is with the sub box. It uses bare basic Pioneer amps, and the sound is very decent for the stuff that has gone in. Value for money install, considering that apart from the head unit and i-Pod adapter, the total budget was about 75k.

Most importantly, Mugen Power is a happy man. He regards it to be worth his month-odd of research and the 1600 km drive.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 18:48   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Most importantly, Mugen Power is a happy man. He regards it to be worth his month-odd of research and the 1600 km drive.

I Am Really Happy With The Setup And Sound And Yes Its Definately Worth.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 09:26   #192
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
well if it were me I'd use a nice 300B SE amp for the tweeters and a Class A Mosfet for the midbass.
Navin, sometimes you go overboard. 300B SE and Class A SS amp will cost a bomb.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 09:48   #193
Newbie
 
hiphopdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 19
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Congrats on the Toyota Innova.

In my opinion go in for the Pioneer 8850 and a pair of audiobahns, 4 way speakers. 2 Subwoofers 12" , 1 dual cone 1000 W Pioneer and 1 Single cone 800 W Pioneer. Connect 2 amps, a 4 Ch Alpine for the dual cone and if possible a 4 ch Roxford Fosgate for the Spekears ad single cone woofer.
Mount all speakers and woofers in a single boom box with an increased height of the box. Use either Monster or JBL wiring..

Its going to sound terrific... all the best !
hiphopdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 12:23   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power

I Am Really Happy With The Setup And Sound And Yes Its Definately Worth.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
post more pics of interior and exterior thanks...
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 20:00   #195
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopdoc
In my opinion go in for the Pioneer 8850 and a pair of audiobahns, 4 way speakers. 2 Subwoofers 12" , 1 dual cone 1000 W Pioneer and 1 Single cone 800 W Pioneer. Connect 2 amps, a 4 Ch Alpine for the dual cone and if possible a 4 ch Roxford Fosgate for the Spekears ad single cone woofer.
Mount all speakers and woofers in a single boom box with an increased height of the box. Use either Monster or JBL wiring..

Its going to sound terrific... all the best !
Trouble is that Mugen already got his setup, or he could have considered.

Doc, which of Audiobahn's speakers is 4-way?

Why is it necessary to use two different models of subwoofers in the same car?

I suppose, by dual cone, you mean dual voice coil subs, because a dual cone 12" driver would be a full range and not a sub.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family MAS SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 121 24th November 2017 20:26
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 16th May 2017 18:48
Toyota Innova or Toyota Altis Diesel h.k What Car? 9 4th October 2010 10:48
Audio setup for Toyota Innova ? diehard_chandru In-Car Entertainment 15 12th August 2006 13:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks