Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 25th November 2006, 09:52   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
The connection leaves me a bit confused here!
Can you please explain how the crossover and speakers are connected??
Zak,

From Amp the pair of wire comes to Input Midbass then from one to mid bass and one to tweeter from crossover.

I cant clarify more, B&T can give more explanation.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 25th November 2006 at 09:53.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 12:28   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Zak,

From Amp the pair of wire comes to Input Midbass then from one to mid bass and one to tweeter from crossover.

I cant clarify more, B&T can give more explanation.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
I guess the crossover lets you amp the tweeters and the mid-bass separately if you want to, I guess.

Nice observation, Zak. I hadn't looked closely at all. I saw the empty tweeter input only after I'd seen your post.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 12:32   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I guess the crossover lets you amp the tweeters and the mid-bass separately if you want to, I guess.

Nice observation, Zak. I hadn't looked closely at all. I saw the empty tweeter input only after I'd seen your post.
That is right. The crossover has bi-amp inputs. They can be bypassed by using jumpers internally. In which case, one can use either of the 2 input terminals.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 13:12   #214
BANNED

Hmmm...
That's a nice feature. Solved my mistery.

Thanx for pouring in, B&T.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 18:14   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Solved my mistery.
But Mine is yet not solved..

Post 202.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 25th November 2006, 19:21   #216
BANNED

Aaaah!!! You've got a monoblock amp. If you had 2 amps or a 4 channel amp powering the subwoofers, then this stereo mode would be of your help.

Now your subs are working in MONO or dual MONO. That's one single channel going to both the subs. With stereo mode, you can have 2 different channels going to each subs. Like other speakers, Left and right. Only a very distinguished audiophile maybe able to make out the quality difference in a setup like that. Not for my kind. So, have'nt tried out but heard one setup and I did'nt find any difference. It also matters the type of music played.
More details about this can be found here (2 Subs - Dual Mono or Stereo - "Kb ka dB").

And your other query?? B&T is the person best possible to answer that!
Old 25th November 2006, 20:16   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aaaah!!! You've got a monoblock amp. If you had 2 amps or a 4 channel amp powering the subwoofers, then this stereo mode would be of your help.

Now your subs are working in MONO or dual MONO. That's one single channel going to both the subs. With stereo mode, you can have 2 different channels going to each subs. Like other speakers, Left and right. Only a very distinguished audiophile maybe able to make out the quality difference in a setup like that. Not for my kind. So, have'nt tried out but heard one setup and I did'nt find any difference. It also matters the type of music played.
More details about this can be found here (2 Subs - Dual Mono or Stereo - "Kb ka dB").

And your other query?? B&T is the person best possible to answer that!
Correct. Mono amplifier cannot drive subs in stereo even if it wants to. Not that I wanted it to. As clear from my contributions in previous discussions on stereo vs mono subs, I am a firm proponent of mono subwoofer configurations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
1 - Subs running on which Ohms ?
Each sub is 4 ohms. Wired in parallel to pose 2 ohms to the D510 amp. D510 puts out maximum output at that load, and isn't stable below that.
Old 25th November 2006, 20:53   #218
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the Explanations..

In Innova with Comps i feel that Eminem is singing on dash board, i had a Co-axials in OHC and Qualis at that time i can feel that Eminem is singing outside of the car.

But i really liked the Comps Way, Before this setup i was SPL guy but after this setup SQ matters much.

Thanks All Gurus for the Help.

C Ya,
Mugen_Power.
Old 26th November 2006, 17:29   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Innova with Comps i feel that Eminem is singing on dash board, i had a Co-axials in OHC and Qualis at that time i can feel that Eminem is singing outside of the car.
Welcome to 'Imaging'!
Maybe you should feed in the speaker distances and get time alignment going too.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 26th November 2006 at 17:38.
Old 26th November 2006, 20:14   #220
BANNED

If you've turned to SQ, then soon Eminem will be again singing outside your car and Diana Krall will be inside.
Old 26th November 2006, 20:28   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Maybe you should feed in the speaker distances and get time alignment going too.
How can i do that in 8850 ? i have seen some options but dont know much so i dont have tried yet.

Zak,

Any torrents links for Diana Krall's albums ? Or album names ?

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 26th November 2006, 20:45   #222
BHPian

Mugen,go throguh the manual of ur HU.There u will find TA option and u will have to measure distance from ur listening position[ur ears] to all door speakers and sub and then feed it in the HU for each spk.
Not a difficult if u go through HU's manual.
Experts like Navin,JB,Sam,B&T/Gunbir will do it differently but we should leave that to them
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 13:49   #223
BHPian

Quote:
@s0uljah, Wurth 3x1.5 Feet Sheet For 1400.

Tweeter With Cover.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Hi,
Great thread and really good pictures. I am currently in the planning part of my Innova ICE install and your thread was very interesting for me. Your budget is much higher than mine (i wasted my main budget on a PC setup) so i wont be able to take too many pointers from here. What interested me was the picture above. Is that grill cover standard in a V Innova or is that custom made ? I have a G series and in mine the plastic cover is plain, no grill for a tweeter.

cheers.
ankur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 19:14   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur View Post
Is that grill cover standard in a V Innova or is that custom made ? I have a G series and in mine the plastic cover is plain, no grill for a tweeter.

cheers.

It's the stock grill which comes with V variant of Innovas. You maybe able to get a set from the Toyota dealer.
Old 27th November 2006, 20:55   #225
BHPian

Quote:
It's the stock grill which comes with V variant of Innovas. You maybe able to get a set from the Toyota dealer.
Thanks. Thats exactly what i will do , makes life so much easier. I wish there were such grills for the rear too.
cheers.
ankur is offline   Reply With Quote