Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2006, 12:30   #31
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,503
Thanked: 3,881 Times
Default

Even I did not know these amps were so expensive. Sorry Mugen.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 00:56   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

@ Navinji, No Need To Say Sorry.


Finally After Help Of LBM I Have Decided My Ice Setup.

Head Unit - 8850 With Pioneer CD-IB100II Ipod Adapter.

Front - Pioneer TS-C160R Comps.

Rear - Pioneer 6x9 TS-A6991S Speakers.

Amps - 4 Channel - Pioneer GM6100F
Monoblock - Yet Not Decided.

Sub - JBL GT4-12'' In Custom Made Ported Box.

Wiring - Monster.

Damping - Will I Need ??

Thank You All For The Help.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 01:00   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Front - Pioneer TS-C160R Comps.

Rear - Pioneer 6x9 TS-A6991S Speakers.
mugen now this 160R is a good componet kit no doubt on that but the 6991 are not good speakers do change them to jbl as they are much better......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 01:05   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
mugen now this 160R is a good componet kit no doubt on that but the 6991 are not good speakers do change them to jbl as they are much better......
LBM,

Which Model Of JBL ?
Oval Or Comp ??

BTW : How About Damping ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 01:27   #35
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

If you're keeping speakers on the doors, then a lot of dampening will be needed. And dont consider another location for speakers.
That means, Dampening is the way for sure.

why 6X9"? Go for same 6.5" components for the rear also. As the rear is important in a car like Innova.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 01:30   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Which Model Of JBL ?
Oval Or Comp ??

BTW : How About Damping ??
sam bhai sam bhai where are you we need help on the oval`s or the coax ........

mugen sam could tell us the best option as there are many models to choose from.....

damping now this is a we debated topic check out from the installer what does he has to say......he might help with that....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 10th September 2006 at 01:33.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 01:41   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
why 6X9"? Go for same 6.5" components for the rear also. As the rear is important in a car like Innova.
Same Pioneer 6.5" Comps ??
Comps Are Better Than 6x9 ??

Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 01:43   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
damping now this is a we debated topic check out from the installer what does he has to say......he might help with that....
In Morbi I Dont Think The Installer Will Know What Is Damping..

Will Have To Do Everything Myself.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 02:08   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Same Pioneer 6.5" Comps ??
Comps Are Better Than 6x9 ??

Mugen_Power.
every speaker has it own quality like the ovals have more bass than the components but on the sq front the componets are way ahead than the ovals ....basicly for the rear fill u can go for the ovals but in the front the componets are very nessary......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 06:41   #40
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

But wont the rear seats be used more often in a car like Innova? So, I think the rear is as important as the front in these type of cars.

Btw Mugen, this car will be self driven or chauffeur driven? If it's always going to be self driven, then get anything for the rear. Otherwise, get components for the rear too.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 12:36   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
But wont the rear seats be used more often in a car like Innova? So, I think the rear is as important as the front in these type of cars.

Btw Mugen, this car will be self driven or chauffeur driven? If it's always going to be self driven, then get anything for the rear. Otherwise, get components for the rear too.
Zak,

Most Of The Time Car Will Be Driven By Chauffer.
Jbl GTO 607 Or Pioneer Kevlar TS-C160R Comps Which Should I Have To Install ?

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 15:43   #42
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Smile My vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Zak,

Most Of The Time Car Will Be Driven By Chauffer.
Jbl GTO 607 Or Pioneer Kevlar TS-C160R Comps Which Should I Have To Install ?

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Then it makes sense to have components in the rear.
Go for JBL 607. I did'nt like the sound from Pioneer compos. But that was'nt the model you mentioned. Listen to both if you can.
Or do you want more better options for a bit more higher price??

Am I just eager to break your budget?????!!!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 16:07   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Then it makes sense to have components in the rear.
Go for JBL 607. I did'nt like the sound from Pioneer compos. But that was'nt the model you mentioned. Listen to both if you can.
Or do you want more better options for a bit more higher price??

Am I just eager to break your budget?????!!!
Slight Changes..
I Will Go For Co-Axials For Rear Becase I Did Not Find Any Space For Mounting Tweeter.
So Now Which Co-Axials ??
No No No... Mr. Zak Already Broke My Budget.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 16:08   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

the pioneer 160r are good componets no doubt on it .....I myself is using it.....nice speaker not like the blue oval those are bad........but the 160r are good pair.....

I would suggest go for 160r in the rear door and flush mount the tweeter in the door itself....like this one



it will help in better response.......I am say like this as you said that the car will be chaffer driven .....

the above pic taken from (http://www.roadgearmag.com/article.a...&page_number=4)

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 10th September 2006 at 16:13.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 16:30   #45
BHPian
 
rsjaurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Batala
Posts: 775
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

I am sorry to say it but 70k is lot of money to waste it on pioneer speakers.I have not heard many pioneer spk,infact not many ICE systems,but i dont think pio spk have that good reputation that one should think about pioneer spk for a budget of 70k.

Mugen u surely can buy better spk with ur budget from JBL,Hertz,Infinty,Boston etc.Trust me if u happen to compare ur system with other system [same budget] u will be disappointed.

Your sub+HU+wiring choice is fine.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family MAS SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 121 24th November 2017 20:26
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 16th May 2017 18:48
Toyota Innova or Toyota Altis Diesel h.k What Car? 9 4th October 2010 10:48
Audio setup for Toyota Innova ? diehard_chandru In-Car Entertainment 15 12th August 2006 13:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks