Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 11th September 2006, 10:40   #61
BHPian

I hav heard them, they are a waste of money, sound like crap,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
guys relax the componet we are discussing is not the normal pioneer speaker it is a good set. I am asking again has any one commenting above has listened to this pioneer componet kit .........
Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 11:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven

I think you urself told me that they are good value for money when I first meet you at your shop......before auditioning the hertz sub in my car.....remember.......

even sam bhai has listened to them let us see what he has to say about them........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 11th September 2006 at 11:29.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 12:02   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
even sam bhai has listened to them let us see what he has to say about them........
Sam "Bhai" is somewhere in the south of france. He has his share of Women and Song in Germany and now is completing his study of Wine as well. Soon he will be a Guru on all three "vices"! :-)
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 12:07   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I think the pioneer one are much better made than the above one...
This crossover looks quite well made (how it sounds is not known to me). Note that the HF inductor is AIR CORE! The HF cap is Polyester. Nice.
Old 11th September 2006, 12:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you urself told me that they are good value for money when I first meet you at your shop......before auditioning the hertz sub in my car.....remember.......
LBM, I think its high time you realised people say these things to you cuz they canb see how passionate you are about your ICE and they dont want to break your heart...

I have heard this set on various occasions and every time I have stepped out of the car wincing. This set has shrieky highs and good lows. Forget about midrange. Perfect for someone who uses the infamous V curve on their EQ. Not so good for a person looking for balanced sound.

Besides, even if it is good VFM, how is it relevant in a 70K+ install? That too without B&W.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 12:31   #66
Team-BHP Support

Not having heard the Pioneer 160R speakers all I can offer is that the XO pic posted looked well made.

With a budget for about 70K there are other speakers I would consider as well. At such a budget you can get some nice sounds.

Gunbir, If the Pio 160R has highs and low why would you make it exagerate this by using a "V" on the EQ. I would have used a "^" instead.
Old 11th September 2006, 13:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Gunbir, If the Pio 160R has highs and low why would you make it exagerate this by using a "V" on the EQ. I would have used a "^" instead.
Navinji, of course you and I understand how to equalise a system. But there are people who's tastes are very different from ours. They like exaggerated highs and lows and somehow hate midrange. They only want the 'beats effects'. And the Pioneer comp set finds favour with people who have such taste. In fact, as do all Pioneer speakers.
Old 11th September 2006, 13:54   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Navinji, of course you and I understand how to equalise a system. But there are people who's tastes are very different from ours. They like exaggerated highs and lows and somehow hate midrange. They only want the 'beats effects'. And the Pioneer comp set finds favour with people who have such taste. In fact, as do all Pioneer speakers.
Nothing worng with that. It is their Stereo, their Money, and their Music.
Old 11th September 2006, 14:05   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Nothing worng with that. It is their Stereo, their Money, and their Music.
Exactly! Except it may be a problem when Mugen buys this set and realises its not what he wants. And thats why everybody insisted that Mugen go out and hear this stuff before he puts his hard earned money on it.

Last edited by gunbir : 11th September 2006 at 14:06.
Old 11th September 2006, 15:54   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have heard this set on various occasions and every time I have stepped out of the car wincing. This set has shrieky highs and good lows. Forget about midrange.
I dont agree on this........this is not at all true.......they sound better than u commented......

Sam Bhai Sam Bhai.........where are you.......
Old 11th September 2006, 16:37   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Having heard his setup.... If it helps him understand this and he further improves on his system, have I not helped him. Or does lying to his face for the sake of diplomacy qualify as help?
..........(from thread 'kb ka db')

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven
Quote:
Quote:
LBM, I think its high time you realised people say these things to you cuz they canb see how passionate you are about your ICE and they dont want to break your heart...
Now... I am REALLY confused!
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 16:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Now... I am REALLY confused!
Yes. You're right. You are confused.
Old 11th September 2006, 18:21   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not a fan of Pioneer speakers at all. I had heard LBM's car and when he put off all his mayhem, and played just the front components, they sounded pretty good and not like crap.

That said, LBM, please let people have their opinions. Not everyone has to agree with your choices and i don't think you should make them agree and see things your way.
I am afraid, you seem to jump up and dive in - anytime anyone says anything negative about any equipment that you currently own, or have had owned. I don't think that is the right thing to do. If someone thinks your old components were crap, let them.
If someone thinks your current components are crap, let them.

Enjoy what equipment you have and enjoy your passion, LBM. Life is too short for these silly arguments. Be above this.

(See guys, the revolution cometh and I will be the flag bearer)
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 18:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I am not a fan of Pioneer speakers at all. I had heard LBM's car and when he put off all his mayhem, and played just the front components, they sounded pretty good and not like crap.

Enjoy what equipment you have and enjoy your passion, LBM. Life is too short for these silly arguments. Be above this.
thanks Sam bhai ........

and will keep the above in mind.........

And welcome back to india........
Old 11th September 2006, 18:28   #75
BANNED

Sam!!! you've brought only revolution or any other extra baggage with???
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote