Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2006, 10:56   #91
BANNED
 
viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Actually we have fit 15"ers behind the last low of the high end variant of Innova. You're right, Its a tight squeeze but it can be done. no issues.
Hey,

The 12" that I installed was a tight fit hence my comment. Actually never really tried to fit a 15" .

Off topic - Please comment on the plexi glass holes/ventilation in my other thread have replied to your query.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 16:51   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Sounds excellent to me! When's the install??

I think it's going to be DIY! Is it??
Installation Time Yet Not Fixed..
Or May Be I Will Do It.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 16:57   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,
Which version of the car do you have. If it is the top of the line version then I am afraid a 15" woofer will not fit unless you fold the last row of seats up.

Viper
@ Viper : It Is The Top Of The Line V Model.

@ Gunbir :
You Told That It Can Be Done But If I Will Have To Go For Another 15" Can It Be Done Without Folding The Last Row Seat ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 23:16   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

After So Many Confusions Finally Decided To Go For Audison Amp.

And The Final Setup Will Be...


Pioneer 8850 Head Unit.
Pioneer CD IB100II Ipod Adapter.
Front : Hertz ESK165 Component.
Rear : Hertz ECX165 Coaxial.
Subwoofer : Hertz ES380 15" Sub In Ported Box.
Amp : Audison SRx4 4ch Amp.
Audison FT2600 Interconnect RC Cables 3 Pairs.
AZcomp Flared Port.
AZcomp Binding Terminal.
Audison FPK600 Power Kit.
AZcomp Damping Sheet 10 ( Suggested By Gunbir )

Thanks You All.


Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 23:28   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Pioneer 8850 Head Unit.
Pioneer CD IB100II Ipod Adapter.
Front : Hertz ESK165 Component.
Rear : Hertz ECX165 Coaxial.
Subwoofer : Hertz ES380 15" Sub In Ported Box.
Amp : Audison SRx4 4ch Amp.
Audison FT2600 Interconnect RC Cables 3 Pairs.
AZcomp Flared Port.
AZcomp Binding Terminal.
Audison FPK600 Power Kit.
AZcomp Damping Sheet 10 ( Suggested By Gunbir )
I dont see any subwoofer amp in this.....config.......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 23:50   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
I dont see any subwoofer amp in this.....config.......
Can This 15" Used As Bridged Sub From 4 Channel ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 23:56   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Can This 15" Used As Bridged Sub From 4 Channel ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
nooooo never I would never do it . it can be done but i would never do it ...I said before audison make some of the best amps ... but then best cost money...I would recommend go for any other brand for the amp if budget does not permits....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 00:03   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
nooooo never I would never do it . it can be done but i would never do it ...I said before audison make some of the best amps ... but then best cost money...I would recommend go for any other brand for the amp if budget does not permits....
Hey LBM,

What Do You Think About SRx5 5 Channel Amp ??

Cheers,
Mugen.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 00:11   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
What Do You Think About SRx5 5 Channel Amp ??

the srx5 is a 60 x 4 + 150 x 1 amp....it is the budget series of the audison....and cost is nearly 30k ..... u can get better option in 30k rather spending on one amp....also if u buy multiple amp u can have a option of upgrade by selling one but if u get one amp there will be no chance of upgrade...

option in 30 k are.....pioneer d510 for subs (500 x 1) and for the speakers jbl 70.4 (100 x 4) . I think these amps are well suited for ur application and would cost u less than 30k.......


u can get pioneer 6100 and 944 also.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 06:45   #100
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Hey LBM,

What Do You Think About SRx5 5 Channel Amp ??

Cheers,
Mugen.
if its 60x4 + 150x1 @ 30k something, it would a good buy. WOuld make the install simple. Lbm's option too looks good ( more power vs more amps!)
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 10:33   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Lbm's option too looks good ( more power vs more amps!)
what about upgrade.....in the future......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 10:36   #102
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

5/6 ch. amps make for simpler installs. a mono+4ch. amp is often a cheaper option and more flexible for upgrades you have to choose your poison.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 10:48   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
5/6 ch. amps make for simpler installs. a mono+4ch. amp is often a cheaper option and more flexible for upgrades you have to choose your poison.
and save valuable space inside the car, i'd presume. ( the simpler install)

is there any other brand which makes 5/6 ch amps ? and approximately how much do they cost ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 13th September 2006 at 10:49.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 11:20   #104
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
and save valuable space inside the car, i'd presume. ( the simpler install)

is there any other brand which makes 5/6 ch amps ? and approximately how much do they cost ?
Alpine made a nice one (F450) that sold for about 25K their newer F350/D550 are meant for 5 speakers and not 4 speaker+sub. JBL makes one called the 75.6, Soundstream makes two called the 600.5 and 880.5, Kicker, JL, Kenwood, Audiobahn, Audison, Precision Power, HiFonics all make more than one model but they are not cheap. If you want cheap I'm told there is one sold by BOSS but do not say you were not warned.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 12:52   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Alpine made a nice one (F450) that sold for about 25K their newer F350/D550 are meant for 5 speakers and not 4 speaker+sub. JBL makes one called the 75.6, Soundstream makes two called the 600.5 and 880.5, Kicker, JL, Kenwood, Audiobahn, Audison, Precision Power, HiFonics all make more than one model but they are not cheap. If you want cheap I'm told there is one sold by BOSS but do not say you were not warned.
i think i will waste the valuable space inside the car & spend the remaining money on other outside entertainment.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family MAS SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 121 24th November 2017 20:26
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 16th May 2017 18:48
Toyota Innova or Toyota Altis Diesel h.k What Car? 9 4th October 2010 10:48
Audio setup for Toyota Innova ? diehard_chandru In-Car Entertainment 15 12th August 2006 13:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks