Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

View Poll Results: So, where do you like your USB & AUX ports?
On the head-unit 14 8.64%
Center console base with 12v socket 108 66.67%
Under the driver's armrest 14 8.64%
In the glovebox 24 14.81%
Other location (please specify) 2 1.23%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th October 2015, 22:11   #31
Default Re: So, where do you like your USB & AUX ports?

Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I personally like Honda City's (the 2008 variant) way of handling it. There's a dedicated space behind the entertainment display which can be folded down. You can connect via USB/AUX and it's got enough space to keep an iPod touch or even a phone.
This one was my favourite too. Made it real convenient in my Honda City.
The only other option that I prefer is the center console. Everything else, in my opinion, interferes with the space.

I don't like the way it is in my new XUV5OO. Sticks out like a sore thumb. In fact, these days I find myself using my bluetooth device more than the USB to play music. This wasn't the case with the City. The USB had been on day in and day out. What a difference positioning of a device can make to its usage!

Nice thread, Tushar!
achyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 10:57   #32
Default Re: So, where do you like your USB & AUX ports?

I do not prefer using the phone to play music. I would either use a thumb drive, or an iPod. For both these options, I prefer the glove box which will keep the thumb drive or the iPod out of sight.

Second preference is under the arm rest.
graaja is offline   Reply With Quote