Old 17th January 2011, 01:41   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pls suggest me a good ICE installer in Chennai

What are the two head units, 2themax?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 03:02   #137
Senior - BHPian

I need a place to get a Rear MDF pad (dicky pad in local parlance) done ( the earlier one broke when I fell into a gutter at speed)
plus a bit of damping and adding an extra amp , some gauges

mostly custom work, Willing to pay for through the nose for good labour, but not very keen on paying for expensive wiring kits and all that (MX and finolex are good enough for me). Any recommends?
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 11:00   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I need a place to get a Rear MDF pad (dicky pad in local parlance) done ( the earlier one broke when I fell into a gutter at speed) ...
Any decent installer would have the MDF parcel shelf ready made. Since you managed to break it once (once bitten twice shy!), get them to screw 2 lengths of MS L- or T-profiles on the bottom of the board, along the length. This should make the board stiffer. Primer and paint them before mounting.

Finolex is good enough for the power cable. Don't scrimp on the speaker cable.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 14:04   #139
Senior - BHPian

deralte, I'm looking for one of these
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpgim...2&d=1230700593
i had an MDF one made by zuheimi which was damaged in an accident, and a replacement one was made by a local installer in particle board, which didnt last too long
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 10:48   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
deralte, I'm looking for one of these ...
A-ha, sorry, I thought you wanted the normal parcel shelf. :O How did you manage to damage that plank?

Best bet for you would be a piece of 3/4" / 19mm Marine-grade plywood (not board). Or better, sandwich 2 pieces of 6mm ply (again, marine-grade) with 2 pieces of fibre-glass sheet (available at hardware shops) stuck together with Araldite.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 11:29   #141
BHPian

Have to recommend Tenny from New Metal Effects. His installation is good and quite reasonable. Have gotten 3 cars in my circle ICE'd by him. Very satisfied.
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 18:17   #142
BHPian

How is Prevelidge Moto mall am planning to get my Rapid done from there, he seems to be knowledgeable. Any feedback? Am planning get HU replaced along with front comps and rear coaxials.

Kindly help me with the install, refer to post number 111 from the following link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...w-vento-8.html

Last edited by xtremeshock : 26th March 2012 at 18:19.
xtremeshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 19:11   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
How is Prevelidge Moto mall am planning to get my Rapid done from there, he seems to be knowledgeable. Any feedback? Am planning get HU replaced along with front comps and rear coaxials.

Kindly help me with the install, refer to post number 111 from the following link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...w-vento-8.html
Dont have much idea abt Priviledge Motomall. But if I may suggest, take a look at this place http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...oyapettah.html (ICE - Sound Works, Chennai (Royapettah)) . I got my install done here. If you have the time, visit Sound Works, talk to ppl there and then take a call.
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 21:08   #144
Senior - BHPian

Privilege mall is good for detailing jobs, but not for ICE. There are people in chennai who are quite famous and known in the forum for their ICE installs and you can find the information about them in the member directories for chennai. Along with what donarun has suggested, do also take a look at powerzone (I installed mine here) in royapettah and technokrat. You can find individual feedback from members who have ICE'd their cars on these threads which will help you take a informed decision.

Quote:
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 21:56   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Privilege mall is good for detailing jobs, but not for ICE. There are people in chennai who are quite famous and known in the forum for their ICE installs and you can find the information about them in the member directories for chennai. Along with what donarun has suggested, do also take a look at powerzone (I installed mine here) in royapettah and technokrat. You can find individual feedback from members who have ICE'd their cars on these threads which will help you take a informed decision.
Power Zone is one of the best installers in Chennai. I got my swift's ICE done from PZ and I am a totally satisfied customer
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 12:06   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Power Zone is one of the best installers in Chennai. I got my swift's ICE done from PZ and I am a totally satisfied customer
Thanks for your feedback.

Do they also sell all products, or do you have to buy it from outside and ask them to install it, also if they do sell all products is it advisable to buy from them?

Also, could you direct me to their workshop, any landmark?

Thanks in advance.
xtremeshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 17:01   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback.

Do they also sell all products, or do you have to buy it from outside and ask them to install it, also if they do sell all products is it advisable to buy from them?

Also, could you direct me to their workshop, any landmark?

Thanks in advance.
You can either buy the products from GP road and get it installed from him or you could get the products from Power Zone itself. I shall PM you the details. It is a little difficult for me give directions in this post.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 22:15   #148
Senior - BHPian

Posted a map here Good installers in South Chennai? - Page 2 have a look for directions
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote