Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 19th October 2016, 01:27   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Battery level on RCD 330G on Blackberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi All,

Is everyone able to see battery level on RCD 330G after connecting through bluetooth. I do not see battery level but able to see time, signal level and temp.

I am using BB Z10.

Regards.
Hi All,

I was able to find the reason why battery level is not displayed. Looks like there is a single slot to display status of battery level and SMS text. If I have any unread SMS then message icon is displayed in the bar, once I read this message I can see battery level. This might only be the case with phone which display SMS on this head unit.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 16:51   #137

Default Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Hi BHPns,

Has anyone of you been able to install the OPS module on the POLO GT TSI and get it to work? If yes, can you please message me?

thanks,

Anand
apk_net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 01:41   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
AFAIK you can install any AV camera in this HU with just a minor coding through VCDS. In Radio(56) change third bit value from 00 to 40 and done.
Hi maddyguage,

I tried to change bit value from 00 to 40, coding is accepted. But when I open it again it shows 00. Would this only work after we install camera?

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apk_net View Post
Has anyone of you been able to install the OPS module on the POLO GT TSI and get it to work? If yes, can you please message me?
Hi,

I have not installed this yet but planing to buy OPS module from aliexpress. Have you bought/installed OPS module in your car?

Regards.

Last edited by ampere : 12th November 2016 at 17:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 21st October 2016, 01:50   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Hi maddyguage,

I tried to change bit value from 00 to 40, coding is accepted. But when I open it again it shows 00. Would this only work after we install camera?

Regards.

Yes this will only work after you install AV camera. Make sure to get adapter for HU while ordering camera for the same.
maddyguage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 09:12   #140

Quote:
Hi,

I have not installed this yet but planing to buy OPS module from aliexpress. Have you bought/installed OPS module in your car?

Regards.

Yes, I bought the OPS module from AliExpress. It does not seem to be a plug and play change. I am assuming VCDS coding is needed.
Old 21st October 2016, 09:13   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Yes this will only work after you install AV camera. Make sure to get adapter for HU while ordering camera for the same.
Hi maddyguage,

Thanks I did get adapter with HU but waiting for camera to arrive.

Regards.
Old 9th November 2016, 00:58   #142
BHPian

Hi,

I was able to test rear view camera with RCD 330 today. Now I need to plan how to power this camera. Is there a way to power this camera without splicing wiring to rear view light?

Following is low quality picture taken at night, you will notice that picture is grainy. I will check if this was due to loose wiring that I had done during testing.

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-rearviewcamrcd330.jpg

Regards.
Old 9th November 2016, 10:25   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was able to test rear view camera with RCD 330 today. Now I need to plan how to power this camera. Is there a way to power this camera without splicing wiring to rear view light?
There are many options you could explore.

Check if the RCD330 provides a camera power signal. If this is available, then you do not have to splice wire from the reverse light. When you engage reverse gear, the HU will automatically provide power to the camera.

If this is not available, then if you can source a male and female connector similar to the connector in the tail light, you could create an adaptor wiring harness and then splice the supply to the camera from this adaptor harness.

You could power the camera from the ignition signal from the fuse box. This will permanently keep the camera powered, but RCD330 will display the video only when reverse gear is engaged. But I am not sure if this will affect the life of the camera. I believe this should not affect the camera.

If all the above fail, then you will have to take the connection from the reverse light. I did this without splicing the OE wiring harness, but by opening the tail light and soldering a wire from the reverse light. Details in the below post from my Android HU thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post3873564 (Android Head-Unit in my VW Polo GT TSI)

PS: Did you check how the guidelines on the video correspond to the car's body? In the camera I used for my Polo GT TSi, the guidelines in the camera were too narrow and just following these guidelines would have been disastrous.

Last edited by graaja : 9th November 2016 at 10:27.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 10:38   #144
BHPian

I have Android Nexus 4 phone which does not support Mirrorlink by default. Sorry but I do not know if Mirrorlink requires some hardware in the phone or just software hacks would do. Is it possible to enable Mirrorlink on Nexus 4 (Rooting and side loading stuff)? I wish to use Mirrorlink feature on my Polo GT head unit.
capslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 16:47   #145

Quote:

Hi antardaksh,

I was able to source a camera and install it. But I have not been successful in getting 330 to recognize it. It is working like a charm with my old BP835. Can you please let me know how you got it working?
Regards

Last edited by ampere : 12th November 2016 at 17:50. Reason: Edited size of quoted post
Old 12th November 2016, 21:42   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Hi antardaksh,

But I have not been successful in getting 330 to recognize it. It is working like a charm with my old BP835.
Regards
Hi apk_net,

Could you please share error message you are getting and have you tried VCDS steps shared in this thread. I was able to test the camera successfully, but when I tried to connect this permanently by routing wires properly I am getting following error

rear view camera system is currently not available

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 11:49   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Hi apk_net,

Could you please share error message you are getting and have you tried VCDS steps shared in this thread. I was able to test the camera successfully, but when I tried to connect this permanently by routing wires properly I am getting following error

Regards.

It happens when you haven't connected your camera correctly. See if you have cut wires and then check positive terminal. My guess is that HU isn't receiving any signals from your camera.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 12:28   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi apk_net,

Regards.
This could be due to one of two problems (or both) - camera is not getting powered when reverse gear is engaged, or there is a loose connection in the video signal connection.

1. Check if the power supply to the camera is correctly wired and the camera is getting 12V when reverse gear is engaged. You can check this if you have a multimeter, or you can use a small 12V bulb to test.
2. Thoroughly check the video signal connections from the camera to the HU.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 12:52   #149

Quote:
Hi apk_net,

Regards.
So here is what I did with VCDS, In Radio(56) changed the third bit value from 00 to 40 and saved. I think the connector might be having some issue. Need another info, once you change the VCDS settings, does the HU show a different mode when you change or slot your car to R?
Old 13th November 2016, 16:57   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Need another info, once you change the VCDS settings, does the HU show a different mode when you change or slot your car to R?
Hi,

Yes, if you slot to reverse gear you would get video signal if camera is powered. During testing I connected camera directly from +12v and when I switched to reverse gear, video was displayed. After testing I removed camera, hence everytime I slot to reverse gear I am getting message "rear view camera is currently not available".

You should set the value to 40 and then open VCDS and check again if value was saved.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote