Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 18:57   #151
BHPian
 
antardaksh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 226
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
This could be due to one of two problems (or both) - camera is not getting powered when reverse gear is engaged, or there is a loose connection in the video signal connection.
Hi graaja,

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked connection and power using multimeter and camera worked again for some time.

But I am getting same error after some time, I am not sure if I need to change something in VCDS since this camera is not CAN enabled.

I also checked guidelines and those are accurate but field of view of this camera is not very wide. I am not sure if there are better options available for rear view camera with wider view.


Here is a picture depicting guide line.

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-rcd330gaftermarketrvc.jpg


I have attached camera within boot open switch.

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-camerainstalled-inboot1.jpg

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 19:30   #152
Senior - BHPian
 
graaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,027
Thanked: 1,612 Times
Default Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi graaja,

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked connection and power using multimeter and camera worked again for some time.

But I am getting same error after some time, I am not sure if I need to change something in VCDS since this camera is not CAN enabled.

I also checked guidelines and those are accurate but field of view of this camera is not very wide. I am not sure if there are better options available for rear view camera with wider view.


Here is a picture depicting guide line.

Attachment 1576019
In the Android HU and DS611 that I installed in my Polo GT TSi, the HU senses reverse gear through CAN bus and switches to the video signal from the camera. As you are seeing the reverse video I think the RCD330 is sensing reverse gear from CAN bus and hence coding may not be necessary. Intermittent operation points to some loose connection. But I am not 100% sure if there is any VCDS coding that is necessary to fix this.

Regarding guidelines, is the width of the guidelines matching the width of the car? The depth may be accurate, but the width is very important as well. Even the camera I have used in my Polo GT has a narrow view and does not have good coverage. I think you can find cameras with 170 degree view which may have a better coverage.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 16:41   #153
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: valsad
Posts: 99
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

You can disable guidelines by cutting white wire if you don't want it. That's what my seller told me when I ordered mine.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 18:00   #154
BHPian
 
antardaksh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 226
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
You can disable guidelines by cutting white wire if you don't want it. That's what my seller told me when I ordered mine.
Hi maddyguage,

Could you please share details of camera installed in your car. I wanted to check if there is aftermarket camera which does not have this issue with RCD 330G.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 18th November 2016 at 18:16.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 01:32   #155
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
You should set the value to 40 and then open VCDS and check again if value was saved.
@antardaksh, I tried again and the same camera works perfectly fine with my Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835HU. I am attaching the VCDS settings here. Can you please confirm if the bit values match with your radio?
Attached Images
 
apk_net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 10:49   #156
BHPian
 
antardaksh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 226
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by apk_net View Post
Can you please confirm if the bit values match with your radio?
Hi,

It looks same. Following is the error I am getting with this camera. Are you getting similar error in VCDS?

=========================================

1 Fault Found:
02873 - Control Module for Back-Up Camera (J772)
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 254
Mileage: 6075 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.03.12
Time: 23:09:57
===============================================
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 23:39   #157
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: valsad
Posts: 99
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi maddyguage,

Could you please share details of camera installed in your car. I wanted to check if there is aftermarket camera which does not have this issue with RCD 330G.

Regards.

Hello antardaksh,

Mine seems no different camera than yours. It's just full black and yours seems grey. Video Quality is average. I might order another one because i'm not happy with current one.

Yours HU is Harmann 330 G? or chinese? Mine is chinese one. Seems like Indian RCD 330 G are having same problems over any cameras installed. My friend is having similar problem with camera.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 11:56   #158
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

It looks same. Following is the error I am getting with this camera. Are you getting similar error in VCDS?

=========================================

1 Fault Found:
02873 - Control Module for Back-Up Camera (J772)
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 254
Mileage: 6075 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.03.12
Time: 23:09:57
===============================================
Interesting, I am getting slightly different error.
Attached Images
 
apk_net is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 17:39   #159
BHPian
 
antardaksh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 226
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Hello antardaksh,

Mine seems no different camera than yours. It's just full black and yours seems grey. Video Quality is average.

Seems like Indian RCD 330 G are having same problems over any cameras installed. My friend is having similar problem with camera.
Hi maddyguage,

I have Chinese version. Does camera installed in your car work every time you slot to reverse gear and how have you wired camera? I have used power from reverse light.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 18:49   #160
BHPian
 
antardaksh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 226
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by apk_net View Post
Interesting, I am getting slightly different error.
Hi apk_net,

Looks like you have added parking aid in CAN installation list. recent version of Vento/Polo have reverse parking sensor but these are not connected to CANBUS (powertrain) hence you should uncheck this from installation list.

I looked at the code shared by you, please try to use this in long coding and save it. This is the default code with reverse camera disabled. Then please try to update third bit value.

Coding: 00000400040005

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 01:40   #161
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: valsad
Posts: 99
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi maddyguage,

I have Chinese version. Does camera installed in your car work every time you slot to reverse gear and how have you wired camera? I have used power from reverse light.

Regards.

Yes it works every time. I haven't faced any problems so far. And yes even I've wired it with reverse light.

Little O.T but I read your comment somewhere about getting fault codes (error) with CAN gateway and Reverse camera.

This is for everyone who has installed Chinese RCD 330 and are getting fault codes(error) in VCDS.

1. If you're getting error like 56 - Radio not registered 0001 , then in VCDS go to select modules and then in 19 - CAN gateway locate installation list. And check against 56 Radio. Then save it and go to Fault codes and clear fault codes.

2. If you're getting error like 56 - Radio malfunction 0010 ( happens when coding for camera is applied) , then install camera and go to fault codes and clear them.

3. If you're getting error like 19 - CAN-gateway malfunction 0010 , then go to fault codes and clear fault codes.

If you follow above steps in sequence, then there will be no fault codes (error) during scan.

This steps are essential for everyone as this will help you clear all fault codes related to RCD 330.

Remember when VAS is connected, it easily get fault codes (error) and it won't update emission ECU update until they clear it. Thus it can create problems for you. So before visiting VW service centre for any update/warranty issue, make sure you clear these fault codes.

Hope it helps you.

THANKS.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo DIY: Delphi RCD 510 headunit + 9W7 Bluetooth unit installation Gannu_1 In-Car Entertainment 54 30th November 2016 22:28
Volkswagen Ameo @ Auto Expo 2016. EDIT: Starts at Rs. 5.14 lakhs! Rehaan The Indian Car Scene 271 14th July 2016 12:22
Problems after DIY install - RCD/RCN 320 on Polo/Vento callme9009 In-Car Entertainment 40 24th April 2016 17:47
DIY: RCD 510 head-unit upgrade for VW Vento and Polo moralfibre In-Car Entertainment 96 23rd April 2016 11:36
VW's Polo-based compact sedan, Ameo unveiled! volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 243 3rd February 2016 20:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks