Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 9th February 2017, 10:50   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Android Auto is now available in India

Its a pretty neat app,but unfortunately it doesn't support either Wynk or Saavn Music i hope they will rectify this in their future updates,
Visran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2017, 15:40   #17
BHPian

Guys can anyone tell me whether current generation Scorpio can be made compatible with Android Auto?

According to some press releases, Scorpio and XUV500 are compatible.
But the dealers and Mahindra Customer Care are clueless about the same.
Seems like they haven't even heard about this thing.
When asked they always talk about the Blue Sense app.
Kestrel5915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2017, 17:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
Its a pretty neat app,but unfortunately it doesn't support either Wynk or Saavn Music i hope they will rectify this in their future updates,

Saavn support was added a few days after you posted this. Replying in case you haven't checked.

Karan
kkkkkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 22:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Saavn support was added a few days after you posted this. Replying in case you haven't checked.

Karan
Hi Karan,

While I get Gaana app in Android Auto, the Saavn app is not showing-up in it. Is there any specific setting or is it only for the paid user?

Thanks
nrahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 22:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
Hi Karan,

While I get Gaana app in Android Auto, the Saavn app is not showing-up in it. Is there any specific setting or is it only for the paid user?

Thanks

Hi,
I dont have an Android Auto unit, just someone who loves keeping track of techy stuff. Hopefully someone else can help you with this.
kkkkkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 23:22   #21
BHPian

Just wanted to check if the current smartplay infotainment system that comes in Maruti Suzuki vehicles is due for an Android Auto update. Not sure if it's a software / firmware update or a hardware inclusion to the current generation of systems.
samkat1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 02:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Just wanted to check if the current smartplay infotainment system that comes in Maruti Suzuki vehicles is due for an Android Auto update. Also not sure if it's a software /firmware update or a hardware inclusion to the current system. Please help me understand this.
It is software based. Currently only ignis has android auto capability. It has not yet been released for s cross or ciaz or baleno. The hardware across the model remains the same. Hopefully they will provide an update sooner rather than later.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 20:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
It is software based. Currently only ignis has android auto capability. It has not yet been released for s cross or ciaz or baleno. The hardware across the model remains the same. Hopefully they will provide an update sooner rather than later.
Hi govigov, do we have any facts to support that the hardware version is the same? There may be some respite if they are, but the one on ignis may be running a different boot/kernel version. And if this is the case, the software update becomes technically a little more complicated. Hence Maruti may be avoiding the development and testing effort for updating the software on older cars.

To give an analogy, this is similar to phone manufacturers like Samsung bringing out lower-specced phones with latest version of Android, not bothering to update their previous models with better-specced(read technically-capable) phones.

Only time will tell though and I would be happy to be proved wrong, being a prospective S-Cross customer myself
torquehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 21:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Hi govigov, do we have any facts to support that the hardware version is the same? There may be some respite if they are, but the one on ignis may be running a different boot/kernel version. And if this is the case, the software update becomes technically a little more complicated. Hence Maruti may be avoiding the development and testing effort for updating the software on older cars.

To give an analogy, this is similar to phone manufacturers like Samsung bringing out lower-specced phones with latest version of Android, not bothering to update their previous models with better-specced(read technically-capable) phones.

Only time will tell though and I would be happy to be proved wrong, being a prospective S-Cross customer myself
The end unit itself is from bosch and they have provided suzuki with a customized software. My SE has claimed that they were able to use a nissan (or renault, i dont remember which) software and was able to get AA on a test baleno.

Search for suzuki slda and bosch in google and you can take it from there.

there is also an xda thread for this, but it has not reached anywhere, yet.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...t3326937/page2
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 17:59   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Android Mobiles and Android Auto feature in cars

Nowadays, we see that Android Auto is becoming popular in car infotainment systems. And Android has the biggest market share as well. I was doing some research on my next Android mobile and one of my shortlist was OnePlus 3T. But I also found out that even the latest Android update to OnePlus 3T does not support Android Auto - I found this in the OnePlus Forums and this has been marked as a bug by many users.

So thought of asking members here who have this feature in their cars. Are there any other Android phones which have problems connecting to Android Auto? Or the other way, has anyone witnessed Android Auto feature not working properly in any of the cars?

Last edited by GTO : 15th June 2017 at 10:58. Reason: Language
gopalnt is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 14th June 2017, 19:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Android Mobiles and Android Auto feature in cars

You've touched a raw nerve here :-). AA is arguably the most dodgy bug-ridden implementation from Google.

Just go through the pain here: https://productforums.google.com/for...s/android-auto

People are cursing across mobile platforms and Auto brands!

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th June 2017 at 19:59. Reason: Clarity
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 21:06   #27
jpm
BHPian

I experienced the awful android auto on a Ford Mondeo. It randomly played music, was inconsistent with voice navigation, notifications kept interfering and kept dropping/reconnecting at its will.

Sometimes, you don't want your messages to be read out aloud or have conference calls if you have passengers.

I turned it off and promptly uninstalled the app.

I cannot imagine why Android Auto is being touted as a feature when it should rightly be called a bug!
jpm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 23:01   #28
BHPian

The problem with OnePlus 3 is that they use their customised version of Android which Android Auto isn't compatible with. I've been using Android Auto for over a month now on my 3 year old Sony Z3 and it works fine. Yes, there are some bugs that Google needs to iron out to make it robust and I'm surprised Google has released it without much testing.

As long as you buy a phone with stock Android version of Lollipop or later, you should be good to go. I've had no problems connecting with my USB to my i20's Android Auto.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 23:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
Nowadays, we see that Android Auto becoming popular in car infotainment systems. And Android has the biggest market share as well. I was doing some research on my next Android mobile and one of my shortlist was OnePlus 3T. But I also found out that even the latest Android update to OnePlus 3T does not support Android Auto - I found this in the OnePlus Forums and this has been marked as a bug by many users.

So thought of asking members here who have this feature in their cars. Are there any other Android phones which has problems connecting to Android Auto? Or the other way, has anyone witnessed Android Auto feature not working properly in any of the cars?
I have a OnePlus 3T. It is discontinued in all major markets except India. Oneplus 5 releases on June 20th - so I suggest you wait for that.

And Oxygen OS is rolling out an update for the Oneplus 3 and 3T in the next few days - so lots of bugs will be fixed.

The best route to go for Android Auto is to stick to Motorola as they mostly use stock Android.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 00:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
And Oxygen OS is rolling out an update for the Oneplus 3 and 3T in the next few days - so lots of bugs will be fixed.
Fix for Android Auto issue is also part of the OTA update.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote