Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 15th June 2017, 08:37   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Android Mobiles and Android Auto feature in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
I was doing some research on my next Android mobile and one of my shortlist was OnePlus 3T. But I also found out that even the latest Android update to OnePlus 3T does not support Android Auto - I found this in the OnePlus Forums and this has been marked as a bug by many users.
Oxygen OS has it's own set of niggles when connecting to the car infotainment system. Forget Android Auto, I have a OnePlus 2 which just wouldn't connect to my car's bluetooth (a Megaaudio system provided by VW, which although not state of the art, effortlessly connected to my Nexus device). Online forums confirmed the issue and I had to wait for an OTA update to sort the issue out. That shouldn't sway you away from buying the OnePlus though. Already have a OnePlus 3 and 3T in the family and I'm waiting for the 5 You should really wait for the OnePlus 5 which is going to be launched on June 20th. Cheers!
GKR9900 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 09:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
But I also found out that even the latest Android update to OnePlus 3T does not support Android Auto - I found this in the OnePlus Forums and this has been marked as a bug by many users.
Umm, which update are you talking about? I've a 3T running Oxygen OS 4.1.4 based on Android 7.1.1 and it works pretty well on my Creta's stock HU. It is buggy at times but that's Google and has nothing to do with 3T.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 09:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Umm, which update are you talking about? I've a 3T running Oxygen OS 4.1.4 based on Android 7.1.1 and it works pretty well on my Creta's stock HU. It is buggy at times but that's Google and has nothing to do with 3T.
The latest version of oxygen is 4.1.5,seems to be fix some other issue but not aware of any fixes for the Android auto. Seems to be stable OS though.
zaveed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 10:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
The latest version of oxygen is 4.1.5,seems to be fix some other issue but not aware of any fixes for the Android auto. Seems to be stable OS though.
No, I understand that there was a problem with 4.1.5 - so they stopped that rollout and now the rollout is for version 4.1.6 which has already started. Most OnePlus 3 and 3T phones should have it by end of month. You can even download it, if you do not wish to wait for the OTA update.
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote