Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 9th April 2016, 11:07   #16
BHPian

Default Re: ICE upgrades for the Maruti Vitara Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanbhokray View Post
Congratulations for your new car. I advice you to stay with your stock head unit and just add a amp and components to improve SQ. for reverse camera, go ahead and add on dash display screen. Do not worry about the looks, cause some times dual screens in the dash looks great if they are properly installed.

You can see dual screens here in My car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...redefined.html (Tata Aria ICE Redefined)

Wishing you good luck for your setup.
I don't have any screen on ZDi. Will put a phone mount and use it for navigation and stuff. The HTC car app is very good for that. I will add a screen on the center of dash for reverse parking. Will have to see how to take the wires. Don't want any wires on dash. They should have given a touchscreen at least without navigation on ZDi. It's the same unit as LDi version.
anycatd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 01:21   #17
BHPian

Bought a rear view camera plus monitor for 2.3k combined. Need to figure out how to take the wires through and get power for the monitor. Anybody with experience running speaker wires to the boot speakers can help me out. Where can i get power for the monitor? The dash will be a panel right? Any fuses required?

The monitor seems made in 12/14. Is it okay to get something that old?
Old 15th April 2016, 02:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Bought a rear view camera plus monitor for 2.3k combined. Need to figure out how to take the wires through and get power for the monitor. Anybody with experience running speaker wires to the boot speakers can help me out. Where can i get power for the monitor? The dash will be a panel right? Any fuses required?

The monitor seems made in 12/14. Is it okay to get something that old?

To keep things simple, Just run the wire under the mats to the boot.
You can take the power wire from the tail lights. This will turn on your monitor automatically when you engage the reverse gear.
sumanbhokray is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 17:38   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bought a rear view camera plus monitor for 2.3k combined. Need to figure out how to take the wires through and get power for the monitor. Anybody with experience running speaker wires to the boot speakers can help me out. Where can i get power for the monitor? The dash will be a panel right? Any fuses required? ...
Quote:
... You can take the power wire from the tail lights. This will turn on your monitor automatically when you engage the reverse gear.
* Power the camera from the nearest Reverse Light, and ground at the nearest body point
* Power the monitor from the Accessory (ACC) line. The easiest is a cigarette lighter socket if the monitor comes with a plug. Otherwise draw a wire from the rear of the cigarette lighter. Ground it at the nearest chassis point
* Even if it was manufactured 1.5 years back, it will work properly (hope you have tested before buying). There is nothing that will deteriorate
* Run the speaker wires below the sill of the doors, below the carpet

@sumanbhokray, monitors go to "sleep" mode when there is no signal, and turn back on instantly when there is signal at Video-in. If one powers the Monitor from the tail light, it will take slightly longer for the monitor to turn on before it checks for signal. Better to power it from ACC line and allow it to "sleep" when there is no signal from Camera.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 18:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

@sumanbhokray, monitors go to "sleep" mode when there is no signal, and turn back on instantly when there is signal at Video-in. If one powers the Monitor from the tail light, it will take slightly longer for the monitor to turn on before it checks for signal. Better to power it from ACC line and allow it to "sleep" when there is no signal from Camera.
Why would it take time if connected to reverse lights?
Old 16th April 2016, 02:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:

I don't think It will take much time. It may take 2 to 3 secs to turn the monitor on.
Not all the monitors support auto sleet mode, If your monitor falls under this category then your monitor will be remain on always If It Is connected to the acc line.
sumanbhokray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 00:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think It will take much time. It may take 2 to 3 secs to turn the monitor on.
Not all the monitors support auto sleet mode, If your monitor falls under this category then your monitor will be remain on always If It Is connected to the acc line.
Where to place the monitor for the reverse cam on dash. Left, Right or Center?
Fits well on the left of the speedometer console. But is that an obstruction to the view?
Old 18th April 2016, 03:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Fits well on the left of the speedometer console. But is that an obstruction to the view?
I can not comment on that. Its your personal preference. If it was my car, then I would have liked to have it just above the stock screen.

Last edited by ampere : 18th April 2016 at 07:35. Reason: Fixed typos
sumanbhokray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 17:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
On the left side near the A pillar is the most common setup I have seen.

Whether next to the speedo console is a good idea can be answered only if you post a picture of the same, with the picture being taken from your eye level.
slicvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 18:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any electronics equipment takes a finite time to reach operating state from power off. OTOH, all monitors support 'sleep mode' when no signal is present at video-in. And yes, even the camera has a turn-on delay (about 1 sec).

Quote:
2-3 seconds is quite a long delay - most people find that delay irritating. Think about the time one has to reverse in a hurry, and the monitor is taking its own time to come on.

Another reason for connecting monitor to ACC line (IMHO all monitors today have 'sleep mode') is not having to run a wire from the tail lamp (reversing light) all the way to the dash to power the monitor. The camera is not that far away, so it is powered from the reverse light. And yes, even the camera has a turn-on delay (about 1 sec).
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 21:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Another reason for connecting monitor to ACC line (IMHO all monitors today have 'sleep mode') is not having to run a wire from the tail lamp (reversing light) all the way to the dash to power the monitor. The camera is not that far away, so it is powered from the reverse light. And yes, even the camera has a turn-on delay (about 1 sec).
I think I made a mistake. They connected even the screen to rear lights. I had told them to take an input from somewhere else but was not sure if auto off would have worked. They spliced it to the power of rear lights. It's taking about is 2 seconds.
The Issue: The screen is going off about two seconds after turning on. At times works flawlessly. Is there a loose contact? Should I connect it to ACC?
Will the fuse blow off if it draws too much current through the same connection? i.e Lights Camera and Screen.on
Old 28th June 2016, 08:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I think I made a mistake. They connected even the screen to rear lights. I had told them to take an input from somewhere else but was not sure if auto off would have worked. They spliced it to the power of rear lights. It's taking about is 2 seconds.
The Issue: The screen is going off about two seconds after turning on. At times works flawlessly. Is there a loose contact? Should I connect it to ACC?
Will the fuse blow off if it draws too much current through the same connection? i.e Lights Camera and Screen.on
Is this issue resolved? I'd also like to know if it was installed at the dealership or outside.

Have you updated the ICE setup yet? If so, does the OEM unit come with RCA out? I assumed it would, because one of the accessories available is a Hertz active subwoofer.

Also, kindly post pics of the reverse cam installation, including the rear bumper and the screen setup inside. Thanks!!!
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2016, 11:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Is this issue resolved? I'd also like to know if it was installed at the dealership or outside.

Have you updated the ICE setup yet? If so, does the OEM unit come with RCA out? I assumed it would, because one of the accessories available is a Hertz active subwoofer.

Also, kindly post pics of the reverse cam installation, including the rear bumper and the screen setup inside. Thanks!!!
I had got the wiring done at an accessories dealer. Not yet upgraded ICE. The camera above the number plate and not the bumper.
Old 5th October 2016, 01:35   #29
BHPian

Did you get the updates done. How is the performance of the ICE. Did you get the tweeters too for the A pillars.
gauravdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 15:55   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
10k is too little money for a meaningful ICE upgrade, especially the type you have in mind. What I'd suggest is to spread your upgrade over time (when you have the budget), instead of going for cheap stuff on a million-rupee SUV. Don't spoil your Vitara Brezza's ambience .

What I would do:

1. Head-unit
2. Damping
3. Speaker upgrade
4. A single amplifier
5. A single subwoofer

The rear view of the Vitara Brezza is compromised, so would prefer a head-unit with an integrated camera display (parking sensors are also recommended).

For those buying the Vitara Brezza ZDi+, only points no. 2 - 5 are applicable. Maruti's SmartPlay head-unit has much improved now (no longer laggy & buggy as we saw in the early Ciaz). It's got Apple CarPlay support while Android Auto is in the works. A superb head-unit.
I have a query regarding the ZDI+. I had damping all around in my Verna and it does work magic. However, that was done eons ago.

Now there's also this 3M cloth type damping available. Would you recco the metallic ones or does someone have experience with the 3M stuff?

Also want to get one active sub (the compact, under-the-driver's-seat version). Not sure I'd need components (I listen to multiple genres but a lot of EDM / old school hard rock while driving).

One concern though. Are there any installers in the NCR area who make sure the fit & finish of the car parts gets back to the original shape once the install is done? HATE the idea of glaring gaps and moving plastic panels not fitted properly.

Will really appreciate brand suggestions, indicative pricing for all materials and installs.
himalyan_ice is offline   Reply With Quote