Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th May 2016, 16:23   #1
BHPian

Default Maps update for the Hyundai Elite i20

I just came back from the AVN update. Software and Firmware versions are updated. SA has taken the SD card out for map update. Seems the network is down, so it will be updated on Monday where I can get it back. I just came back without the SD card. Other features except the map will work.

Following are the versions:
Firmware version: IB.IN.PRO.10.824
Software version: IB.IN.PRO.10.60125
Navigation app version and Map version are being updated.

Now while driving home, I noticed that mode button in the steering does not change the FM/Radio channel anymore. Volume button is fine though. Did anyone has such issue after update?

BTW, you can get the current versions by long press on the settings button in the AVN. It will display your device information along with the version info.

I just happened to see the website mentioned there:
http://www.map-care.com

I'm going through this site now. It seems we can do the update ourselves. There is a PDF manual downloadable. Anybody has tried this?
iamswift is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 14:41   #2

Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
I just came back from the AVN update. Software and Firmware versions are updated. SA has taken the SD card out for map update. Seems the network is down, so it will be updated on Monday where I can get it back. I just came back without the SD card. Other features except the map will work.

Following are the versions:
Firmware version: IB.IN.PRO.10.824
Software version: IB.IN.PRO.10.60125
Navigation app version and Map version are being updated.
Can you please mention the steps that your SA has followed to update the Software/Firmware and also the map updates? My SA in Hyderabad (Talwar Hyundai, Tolichowki) is clueless on how to perform these updates. Also I gave him my SD card and after the map updates (which he said he did), my maps aren't working now. Its been 4 days and I have been to the service center multiple times till now. If you could please explain the step-by-step process, I will go and teach him.

Also, anyone from Hyderabad got the software updated successfully ?
makk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2016, 08:20   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by makk View Post
Can you please mention the steps that your SA has followed to update the Software/Firmware and also the map updates? My SA in Hyderabad (Talwar Hyundai, Tolichowki) is clueless on how to perform these updates. Also I gave him my SD card and after the map updates (which he said he did), my maps aren't working now. Its been 4 days and I have been to the service center multiple times till now. If you could please explain the step-by-step process, I will go and teach him.
There is a SD card (update SD card) for the software and firmware update. I don't really remember the exact step-by-step procedure but here is the overview.
There is a separate update SD card for i20 and different card for Creta. Also the procedure too will be different. The map update too has different method for i20 and other cars.
To update software/firmware:
Long press of "setup" button of AVN will display the current versions of software, firmware, map-app and map.

While the update happened, the car was idling.

1. SA just removed the map SD card and inserted the update-SD card.
2. On reading the card, the system recognized it to be update-SD card and asked for confirmation of whether to update?
3. On pressing "OK", it started updating software and firmware.
It took ~10 minutes to update both.
Intermittent restart happened during the update.

4. After update, it displayed "update complete". Pressing "OK" here will reboot the system. It again starts from beginning (step 1) where it asks whether to update.
5. This time SA pressed "No" and took out the SD card.

I'm not sure the below step is required or not; I found it redundant to do it.
6. The SA as final step, went to the setup screen and did the factory reset.

Again long press the setup button of AVN and I noticed that software and firmware versions were updated.

For map update:
You yourself can do the update. See here: http://www.map-care.com
The map and map-app both to be updated. I don't think map update without software/firmware update will cause map to not work.
Again there is separate map-data/map-app for i20 and for other cars.
Map-update is not straight forward as software/firmware update where it does everything on its own. Map update requires some manual steps.

The website has everything you need to update the map and map-app. There is a pdf which explains step-by-step procedure to update.
The map-data is huge; its around 2.6GB and took some time to download. If the SA already has the map-data, you can get it from him.
You need to download the pctool as well.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
iamswift is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 13:36   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Maps update for the Hyundai Elite i20

Thanks for sharing guys! Moving your posts out into a new thread, so that other Elite i20 owners benefit from them.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote