Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 31st August 2016, 16:18   #16

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: DIY: Enable video playback on Renault's ICE (Kwid / Lodgy / Duster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
After a while, the upgrade screen will appear and ask you whether you want to upgrade to 4.0.3 [It says upgrade instead of downgrade, wonder why]. Anyway, accept the prompts and after the downgrade has finished, check your firmware version, you should be on 4.0.3 now.
Thank you wadewilson for the updates and screenshots. My Kwid's first servicing is done and now I'm contemplating the "downgrade" in order to play videos.
Just wanted to know whether I can switch to the latest firmware version later on. If yes, could you share the procedure for the same?

Thanks in advance!
unmesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 23:01   #17
BHPian

Default Re: DIY: Enable video playback on Renault's ICE (Kwid / Lodgy / Duster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmesh View Post
Just wanted to know whether I can switch to the latest firmware version later on. If yes, could you share the procedure for the same?

Thanks in advance!
Hi there Unmesh, I doubt that it'd be possible to upgrade the firmware later on after you've installed Medi@Skin because Renault seems to have patched things up from 4.0.6. However, you could try a paid alternative like Menavrus which comes with customer support and can work on the latest firmware too (4.0.6). Here is the link to their website - Menavrus - Official Website
wadewilson is offline   Reply With Quote