Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 2nd October 2006, 19:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro
ok be it 20k then. Now please suggest a good combination. Also please tel me is the 510 better than the JBL mono blocks? And to know taste of sound, please refer to my first post on this topic
man firstly dont post duplicate post if ur discussing here do it here only not on sam thread....

about jbl and pioneer which jbl ur comparing with pioneer 510

and pioneer 510 is for 10.5k

now u can have a budget for a sub and a enclousre.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 2nd October 2006 at 19:07.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 19:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok be it 20k then. Now please suggest a good combination. Also please tel me is the 510 better than the JBL mono blocks? And to know taste of sound, please refer to my first post on this topic.

Thanks.
Better or worse, the 510 is about 10k. The comparable JBL is about 15. If you have the budget or can extend it, save yourself the sweat later on, and get the JBL. If you really can't extend your budget that much to compromise on the sub, take a chance with the pioneer and pray it won't trouble you in the future. The JBL I'm talking about here is the GTO guy. Also remember, if you had a chance to buy the JBL greay, it would probably match the Pioneer in price, and if the Pioneer was officially available, it would perhaps be a bit more expensive than the JBL.

There isn't much difference otherwise. Right, Mr. Clark?
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 19:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
man firstly dont post duplicate post if ur discussing here do it here only not on sam thread....

about jbl and pioneer which jbl ur comparing with pioneer 510

and pioneer 510 is for 10.5k

now u can have a budget for a sub and a enclousre.
LBM,

Iam unable to recollect the JBL's model number but I was told by the JBL dealer that it costed around 10k.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 19:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaghava
Another option would be to just buy the monoblock right now & use your current woofer.
^^ What he says.

First we had a free air sub in our old lancer. Then we had 2, 12" in a sealed box. Used to get pretty darn loud,
but my cousin eventually replaced it with one 12" infinity i think which finaally gave us some decent sound.

Try to listen to some setups in a lancer before you invest in the ice...
will give you better perspective as to what to get for your needs.

JBL GTO subs cost around 7k(and upwards) with B/W.
Plus we all know Sam

Quote:
ok be it 20k then. Now please suggest a good combination.
That was a quick change of budget, ICE aquiring fever has set in
Tomorrow maybe your budget will get pushed a little more to accomodate more exotic brands!! J/K

Good Luck!
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 19:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Better or worse, the 510 is about 10k. The comparable JBL is about 15. If you have the budget or can extend it, save yourself the sweat later on, and get the JBL. If you really can't extend your budget that much to compromise on the sub, take a chance with the pioneer and pray it won't trouble you in the future. The JBL I'm talking about here is the GTO guy. Also remember, if you had a chance to buy the JBL greay, it would probably match the Pioneer in price, and if the Pioneer was officially available, it would perhaps be a bit more expensive than the JBL.

There isn't much difference otherwise. Right, Mr. Clark?
GTO amp that you are talking about which model number is it,BT?

Last edited by harmon_bro : 2nd October 2006 at 19:34.
Old 2nd October 2006, 19:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
^^ What he says.

First we had a free air sub in our old lancer. Then we had 2, 12" in a sealed box. Used to get pretty darn loud,
but my cousin eventually replaced it with one 12" infinity i think which finaally gave us some decent sound.

Try to listen to some setups in a lancer before you invest in the ice...
will give you better perspective as to what to get for your needs.

JBL GTO subs cost around 7k(and upwards) with B/W.
Plus we all know Sam

That was a quick change of budget, ICE aquiring fever has set in
Tomorrow maybe your budget will get pushed a little more to accomodate more exotic brands!! J/K

Good Luck!
)) oh yes this Forum can turn any heads to 360. Kya kare control nahin hota.

I was planing to check out an Infinity sub too. How much did it cost and was the bass tight in the sealed box? and which amp did you use to drive the Infinity. Apart from the Inifnity or a JBL sub is there any other su tha is better than them but at reasonable tag?
Old 2nd October 2006, 23:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much did it cost and was the bass tight in the sealed box? and which amp did you use to drive the Infinity.
Sorry, the details are a bit sketchy, over 6 years ago that we had this.
I think the sub was a 1500 watt infinity "perfect", had a whitish cone surface and was bloody heavy!!!! It was powered with an RF amp, putting out 300rms I think. My cousin had hand carried this from overseas.

When the infinity replaced the two 12", bass went from loud and boomy to moderate but punchy... best part was the enclosure was pretty small too, and went back to having lot of boot space.

Last edited by s0uljah : 2nd October 2006 at 23:06.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 23:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
)) oh yes this Forum can turn any heads to 360. Kya kare control nahin hota.

I was planing to check out an Infinity sub too. How much did it cost and was the bass tight in the sealed box? and which amp did you use to drive the Infinity. Apart from the Inifnity or a JBL sub is there any other su tha is better than them but at reasonable tag?
i am pretty sure 20k is not all that you will be spending on your ICE apart from the bloody time. i would like to cross my fingers & wait to see how your budget expands brother. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
man, dont be so strict on the lad, he is only being enthusiastic about his ICE. aren't we all ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 2nd October 2006 at 23:21.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2006, 10:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
i am pretty sure 20k is not all that you will be spending on your ICE apart from the bloody time. i would like to cross my fingers & wait to see how your budget expands brother. lol
Oh no! I wont... Nothing beyond 20k mate. Iam stuck right there .
Old 3rd October 2006, 10:49   #25
Team-BHP Support

Harmon, what JBL 12" sub do you have?

The amps you should be considering are the JBL 601.1, Pio D510, Sony SD 6x, keep the budget under 13K. Preferbly under 10K.

Now as fasr as the subs go I'd first figure out what driver you have in your ported box. Sam will be able to help with this. PM him and be patient. remember ICE is NOT is ONLY love! :-) If the driver you have can be used in a sealed box you can then get one more similar 12" woofer (from JBL) and have a 2 x 12" sealed sub. If the sealed box booms you can add an aperiodic port to the box.

Now if the 12" you have cant be used sell it and use the funds to get 2 12" that can be used in a sealed box. I'd recommend the JBL GT4-12 as a VFM buy. I suspect the Hertx EX will require a smaller box than the JBL but will cost more. remember you would be looking at 2 12" woofers.

Lastly dont junk the 222 use it to drive the front 5010cs or maybe even the rear 6x9s.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 20:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

The amps you should be considering are the JBL 601.1, Pio D510, Sony SD 6x, keep the budget under 13K. Preferbly under 10K.

Now as fasr as the subs go I'd first figure out what driver you have in your ported box. Sam will be able to help with this. PM him and be patient. remember ICE is NOT is ONLY love! :-) If the driver you have can be used in a sealed box you can then get one more similar 12" woofer (from JBL) and have a 2 x 12" sealed sub. If the sealed box booms you can add an aperiodic port to the box.

Now if the 12" you have cant be used sell it and use the funds to get 2 12" that can be used in a sealed box. I'd recommend the JBL GT4-12 as a VFM buy. I suspect the Hertx EX will require a smaller box than the JBL but will cost more. remember you would be looking at 2 12" woofers.

Lastly dont junk the 222 use it to drive the front 5010cs or maybe even the rear 6x9s.
Hi Navin,

I dont remember which model number of the JBL sub I have, its a very old one. The color of the paper is greenish with JBL witten in Orange in the middle. The wattage is 500 watts. I dont think I can use this sub.

Iam interested in the Infinity Perfect series subs, s0uljah's experience with Infinities is something similar that Iam looking at. On the amp, how much would the JBL60.1 and the Infinity Sub cost?

Thanks.

Last edited by harmon_bro : 4th October 2006 at 20:55.
Old 5th October 2006, 11:57   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Iam unable to recollect the JBL's model number but I was told by the JBL dealer that it costed around 10k.
That would be the CS monoblock CS300.1
Quote:
GTO amp that you are talking about which model number is it,BT?
I think he is referring to the GTO301.1 -Rs.12990/-
Quote:
The amps you should be considering are the JBL 601.1..keep the budget under 13K. Preferbly under 10K.
Navin, the GTO601.1 is rather powerful and costs close to 20K
Quote:
Quote:
I dont remember which model number of the JBL sub I have, its a very old one. The color of the paper is greenish with JBL witten in Orange in the middle. The wattage is 500 watts. I dont think I can use this sub.
You shouldn't. It is a fake JBL from about 6 years ago, from the Far east.
Quote:
Iam interested in the Infinity Perfect series subs, s0uljah's experience with Infinities is something similar that Iam looking at. On the amp, how much would the JBL60.1 and the Infinity Sub cost?
Like I said, the 601.1 is about 20K. Kappa Perfect subs (12") are close to 16K each. s0uljah's experience is with JBL GT-4 15" subs.
Quote:
Sam will be able to help with this. PM him and be patient. remember ICE is NOT is ONLY love! :-)
Boom da Boom Baby.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 11:59   #28
Jay
BHPian

In case you are using your JBL 12" then for a budget of 10k i think you can go for Sony XM-SD46x, 4/3 channel amp... 1x300W to your sub and the other 2 channels to your rear 6x9 and you can use the 222 to power your front speakers. For better brands and an extra sub, you'll have to shell out more $.
Since you dont want loud bass, 1 Sub should suffice your needs...
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 12:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
That would be the CS monoblock CS300.1

I think he is referring to the GTO301.1 -Rs.12990/-

Navin, the GTO601.1 is rather powerful and costs close to 20K

You shouldn't. It is a fake JBL from about 6 years ago, from the Far east.

Like I said, the 601.1 is about 20K. Kappa Perfect subs (12") are close to 16K each. s0uljah's experience is with JBL GT-4 15" subs.

Boom da Boom Baby.

SAM,
Thanks very much for the information. Will the CS30.1 match the Infinity Perfect subs? Iam looking at one SUB, monoblock and a 60.4 to drive my Infinity ovals and components.
Old 5th October 2006, 12:31   #30
Team-BHP Support

Dear Harman,

If you are JBLclined I suspect your needs might be fulfilled by a 301.1 mated to a GT 4-12. 13K for the amp and I think 7-8K for the woofer.

Signed
"Bob"
navin is offline   Reply With Quote