Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2006, 10:26   #1
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I have a Lancer, and swapped my sub and amp from the other car to the Lancer. This is a temporary setup until I upgrade.

Now this is my current ICE on the Lancer.

Alpine CDA 9856
Infinity-speakers-ref9613i
Infinity-speakers-ref5010cs
JBL 12"/500watts with ported enclosure
Sony 222(my old amp)

The bolded text is the recent swap I made. I know the 222 is a toy and cannot be compared with anything .

Here is what Iam looking at , I like tight bass with very less boom!. Right now with my current setup the bass is what I hear is next to nothing at all.. Its just dead or does not sound smooth. Someone please suggest a setup which would suit my specifications.

Also another important clarification needed. Will get this tight thump! only if I use a mono block or I get the same tight responsive bass timed with the music on multichannel amp too.

I dont like loud i mean really loud bass. The bass has to blend with the music and balanced at low volumes. What kind of setup is ideal, having the sub on the rack or in an enclosure?

Lastly, will I need 2 subs to achieve what Iam looking at?

Thanks.

Last edited by harmon_bro : 2nd October 2006 at 10:31.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 13:04   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Harmon I'm sure the guru's will explain this is more detail but here's what I suggest. If you want tight bass first swap your ported box for a good sealed one, second upgrade to a better 2-ch amp. The 222 hardly has any power to drive a sub.

Then once you've done this listen to your setup again & if the bass does not satisfy you then add another sub with both preferably bring driven off one monoblock amp. But the important part is to first get your existing setup right & listen. Then upgrade if you feel like it.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 13:10   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Harmon bro,
Please put your question in the right thread. You need a sealed box, not a ported one.

Hey Veyeron,
Where did you read this Tru producing 300 RMS per channel? There is lot of Hype around but not all is true!

They are one of the best, and are highly under ratted, But not by 50%.I guess they would be producing more around 200 RMS max per ch.
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 13:42   #4
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Harmon I'm sure the guru's will explain this is more detail but here's what I suggest. If you want tight bass first swap your ported box for a good sealed one, second upgrade to a better 2-ch amp. The 222 hardly has any power to drive a sub.

Then once you've done this listen to your setup again & if the bass does not satisfy you then add another sub with both preferably bring driven off one monoblock amp. But the important part is to first get your existing setup right & listen. Then upgrade if you feel like it.
Thanks, iraghava/Mugen Power. Sealed box it is then, but will a mono block make huge difference? Also are there any specifications for subs which are used in sealed boxes? Like free air subs and subs used with enclosure.

Last edited by harmon_bro : 2nd October 2006 at 13:48.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 15:23   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Harmon_bro,

First Change The Ported Box To Sealed Box And Then Install Monoblock Amp.
I Have Two Illusion lm 12" Subs In Seprate Sealed Box Driven By Pioneer D510 Monoblock In Innova , It Sounds Great Without Boom.

BTW : What Is Your Budget ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 15:25   #6
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Harmon_bro,

First Change The Ported Box To Sealed Box And Then Install Monoblock Amp.
I Have Two Illusion lm 12" Subs In Seprate Sealed Box Driven By Pioneer D510 Monoblock In Innova , It Sounds Great Without Boom.

BTW : What Is Your Budget ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
I can go upto 15k for a sub/amp combination.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 15:59   #7
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Mugen,

What subs are you driving with the Pioneer D510? The specifications and model no. of the subs please.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 16:06   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

they are illusion subs.......luccent series....

http://www.illusionaudio.com/docs/luccent_subs.htm
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 16:13   #9
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
they are illusion subs.......luccent series....

http://www.illusionaudio.com/docs/luccent_subs.htm
LBM/Mugen,

How are the Alpines/Kickers or a HERTZ? Any pointers on the Illusion sub which overpowers the above subs in terms of performance or quality?
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 18:05   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

what do u want boom or sq......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 18:18   #11
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
what do u want boom or sq......

I need perfect, balanced, tight bass. SQ only.. The bass needs to integrate/blend itslef with the music perfectly.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 18:20   #12
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

There are very few SQ bass drivers available in Indian market definitely not from Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood etc.

As far as amplifier is concerned Pioneer 510M is fine.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 18:29   #13
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
There are very few SQ bass drivers available in Indian market definitely not from Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood etc.

As far as amplifier is concerned Pioneer 510M is fine.
Any suggesstion for a good Mono block/sub combination which would suit my taste?
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 18:46   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Harmon a Sub & Monoblock combo in that budget would be next to impossible, for that you would have to upgrade your budget to about 20k. The 510 is about 13k (I think) & a good woofer would cost you atleast 5-6k so you need to have another look at your budget.

Another option would be to just buy the monoblock right now & use your current woofer. Later when you have more money you can buy 1 or 2 new woofers as you want/require.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 18:52   #15
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Harmon a Sub & Monoblock combo in that budget would be next to impossible, for that you would have to upgrade your budget to about 20k. The 510 is about 13k (I think) & a good woofer would cost you atleast 5-6k so you need to have another look at your budget.

Another option would be to just buy the monoblock right now & use your current woofer. Later when you have more money you can buy 1 or 2 new woofers as you want/require.
ok be it 20k then. Now please suggest a good combination. Also please tel me is the 510 better than the JBL mono blocks? And to know taste of sound, please refer to my first post on this topic.

Thanks.

Last edited by harmon_bro : 2nd October 2006 at 18:54.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DUAL SUB SETUP, any suggestions? GT500 In-Car Entertainment 6 8th November 2010 13:43
Which one: Dual 8" sub V/s Single 10" sub? Invinsible In-Car Entertainment 53 28th May 2009 13:33
ground zero Sub vs image dynamics Sub rohanGT In-Car Entertainment 105 29th March 2009 05:01
Best Sub Woofer Setup within 15K gemithomas In-Car Entertainment 9 1st March 2008 11:08
Palio Sub setup madan80 In-Car Entertainment 12 3rd October 2007 10:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks