Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2006, 19:38   #1
BHPian
 
lancer_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bengaluruu
Posts: 184
Thanked: 15 Times
Default bad experience with sprocket..!!

went with my Sfxi with a wiring problem for my stereo (pioneer hunit,444 xploid amp with pioneer 4 way speakers) to sprocket...the problem was some kind of distortion from speakers and the battery's were getting drained due to some kind of short..the sprocket guys said to change the whole wiring and i ended up spending 2000 bucks..(1200 for the set of wires and 800 rs labour charge)..and u know what still the distortion is there...when enquired they telling me now the prob is with the amp...Think i been taken for a drive here...Also only the amp wires have been changed which i got to know nly after they finishd the work whereas i thought the wiring kit inludes all the wires needed for the system....just the AMP wires cost 1200???im not sure...bhpians plz help me...also any idea wat maybe the prob...really confused wat to do now...
lancer_maniac is offline  
Old 7th October 2006, 09:34   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

a) what is a SFxi? We dont know engines vengines here!
b) what sort of distortion?
c) why not use the "replace" method. i.e: check the HU in another system then check the amp in another system and lastly the speakers (each component should be check individually
d) what wires did they use? the amp has 3 sets of wires (a) RCA wires that come from the HU (b) speaker wires that go to the speaker (c) power wires that come fromt the battery which of these did they change?
navin is offline  
Old 7th October 2006, 11:38   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default

Navin,

See his name na? What car do you think he drives? lol

Wiring kits are generally for the amp. What wires can you change in the HU? I think what you call distortion may be alternator whine. Ask the guys to lower the gains on the amps and do let us know what brand kit you have purchased.
Is your battery still getting drained?

Go back to sprocket. Ask for their chief installer, John. Tell him you're a friend of mine. He will sort you out.
Sam Kapasi is offline  
Old 7th October 2006, 11:52   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Go back to sprocket. Ask for their chief installer, John. Tell him you're a friend of mine. He will sort you out.
Or Sam will sort John out! :-) LOL those dandiya sticks are lethal weapons in the right hands.
navin is offline  
Old 7th October 2006, 12:45   #5
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Now, that's what we call a real help from Sam.
And 1200 for an amp wiring kit is not much. What brand did you get? Please dont say it's a BOSS.
Next time, drive to Cochin rather than Bangalore for your audio.
speedzak is offline  
Old 7th October 2006, 12:59   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
blueraven316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,109
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Now, that's what we call a real help from Sam.
And 1200 for an amp wiring kit is not much. What brand did you get? Please dont say it's a BOSS.
Next time, drive to Cochin rather than Bangalore for your audio.


Lancer_maniac : Most wiring kits don't come with speaker wires.
blueraven316 is offline  
Old 7th October 2006, 18:46   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 3 Times
Default here is some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac
went with my Sfxi with a wiring problem for my stereo (pioneer hunit,444 xploid amp with pioneer 4 way speakers) to sprocket...the problem was some kind of distortion from speakers and the battery's were getting drained due to some kind of short..the sprocket guys said to change the whole wiring and i ended up spending 2000 bucks..(1200 for the set of wires and 800 rs labour charge)..and u know what still the distortion is there...when enquired they telling me now the prob is with the amp...Think i been taken for a drive here...Also only the amp wires have been changed which i got to know nly after they finishd the work whereas i thought the wiring kit inludes all the wires needed for the system....just the AMP wires cost 1200???im not sure...bhpians plz help me...also any idea wat maybe the prob...really confused wat to do now...
basicaly you have been taken for a ride, your problems could be one of the following.
bad quality products(fake, grey market products, bad quality stuff etc)
bad installation job
configuration does not match or support ur setup
job done by some barber or butcher
poor quality of installatio and bad grounding therefore ur battery was getting drained out.
now remember u cannot ask a milk man to brew u some vine so go to a certified installer to get ur job done.
there are 2 good guys in this business
1. eb bass - mr assif. no9886323371 kumarapark bangalore
2. auto fusion -mr anwar .no9886037737 koramangala bangalore

good luck and dont let a butcher become ur barber
staten1 is offline  
Old 7th October 2006, 21:54   #8
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staten1
now remember u cannot ask a milk man to brew u some vine so go to a certified installer to get ur job done.
!!!!!!!!!!
This line should be kept in mind of each and every person who goes for any sort of installs in his/her car.

Many a times, people go to expert installers and even after knowing their work quality they choose cheaper installers. And after getting ripped off or being unstatisfied with the setup, they go back to the expert to set things right. This will make any good installer fume in anger. There it goes!!!
The man will badmouth the installer (Because he refused to set things right) to an extent that he'll call him the worst guy to ever go for an install!!!

Well done Staten1. I wanted to say this many a times and you have done it beautifuly.
speedzak is offline  
Old 10th October 2006, 11:34   #9
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,151
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

pardon my ignorance, but are BOSS wiring kits really that bad ?! what are the other entry level wiring kits available and their costs !?
NIP is offline  
Old 10th October 2006, 12:57   #10
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

I like to recommend Monster's Intrerlink Jr. and Twister. A pair of RCA cables from either of these would run you rs. 1200-1400.
navin is offline  
Old 10th October 2006, 20:37   #11
BHPian
 
lancer_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bengaluruu
Posts: 184
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

thanx for the advices bhpians..so i think i will give it one more try by going back to sprocket....and by the way battery is not getting drained now.....atleast one prob is solved....who do u think is good in electric works in blr? have some more work in my Lancer like the power window is getting weaker...any idea how much the motor comes..
lancer_maniac is offline  
Old 11th October 2006, 02:19   #12
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac
thanx for the advices bhpians..so i think i will give it one more try by going back to sprocket....and by the way battery is not getting drained now.....atleast one prob is solved....who do u think is good in electric works in blr? have some more work in my Lancer like the power window is getting weaker...any idea how much the motor comes..
This is a non ICEy question. PM Psycho for a best electric guy!!
speedzak is offline  
Old 11th October 2006, 11:50   #13
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

I thought Psycho was an "engie-bengy" (for those of you who dont get this please hang around a 4 year old for a while and you'll know).

Last edited by navin : 11th October 2006 at 11:51.
navin is offline  
Old 11th October 2006, 20:54   #14
BHPian
 
kURETI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staten1
basicaly you have been taken for a ride, your problems could be one of the following.
bad quality products(fake, grey market products, bad quality stuff etc)
bad installation job
configuration does not match or support ur setup
job done by some barber or butcher
poor quality of installatio and bad grounding therefore ur battery was getting drained out.
now remember u cannot ask a milk man to brew u some vine so go to a certified installer to get ur job done.
there are 2 good guys in this business
1. eb bass - mr assif. no9886323371 kumarapark bangalore
2. auto fusion -mr anwar .no9886037737 koramangala bangalore

good luck and dont let a butcher become ur barber
sorry to say !
even the best installers make mistakes, the problem was distortion - most installer after examining wiring system they recomend to change wiring first, here the installer should have checked by placing an other amp to rule out the possibility of amp fault and then should have changed to an other headunit just to cross check if the headunit is also ok then he should have taken a call of replacing the wiring system.

with bad install even the best quality wire and interconnects take a toss.
kURETI is offline  
Old 12th October 2006, 12:51   #15
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Lancer, I am closing this thread it seems to have run its course. PM me if you need to open it.
navin is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bigger sprocket?? garvit2002 Motorbikes 35 15th August 2015 11:46
KTM recalling 390s (pre-March 2014) for Free front sprocket change ashwin.terminat Motorbikes 34 16th June 2014 12:12
5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report ramkya1 Travelogues 48 4th August 2010 00:04
A bad bad bad night for me.... Ranjan Sharma Street Experiences 38 8th April 2010 12:02
My accident - Bad brakes, bad rain, bad luck... vezj420 Street Experiences 41 22nd May 2007 10:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks