Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:27   #181
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi Neo,

Congratulations on your setup. I can collect the Canbus Quadlock Adaptor.
Can anyone confirm if (Canbus Compatible Quadlock connector + Reverse Cam) is all that I need to connect to my 2016 Vento TSI Highline which comes with RCD330G to make the reverse parking camera working?
THINGS YOU NEED :

1. RVC connector - LINK
Go to link and ask seller for RVC connector.

2. Rear View Camera - LINK

3. Delay timer - LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn317 View Post
But the problem I have encountered now is, I don't get any output on my rcd330g+ screen. We tried connecting the camera to another screen & we get camera output clearly on that screen. I have no idea why there is no output on the rcd330g+ screen.
I read all the posts again & again to see if I have missed anything or made any mistakes. I did not do any VCDS tweaks as that facility is not available in my town. Was going through the vcds thread yesterday night and I found out about most of the discussions done about activating/deactivating various features.

Now, as per my understanding a vcds tweak is necessary to get the camera output on the HU. Is this what is missing in my installation? The seller on aliexpress talks about some mib adapter which is required. And asks me to purchase it from him. This means I will have to wait for another month to receive it.

Please give me your opinion as to how I must go ahead. Should I purchase the vcds cable? If yes, which is the cheap and best solution for implementing basic tweaks to car? Where can I get it from? I dont plan on implementing major changes to the car setup using vcds.
I stay close to Mangalore & if anyone around can help me out, it would be great! Ready to bear the expenses too if any!

With best regards,
Bdn317.
Definitely you need VCDS cable in order to activate Rear View Camera. You can buy it from aliexpress. You can source it locally but it will be costly. From aliexpress you can easily buy it under 3000 INR.

I hope you connected RVC connector on the back of the HU. Basically you need these 2 things for camera to work on RCD 330.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Thanks a lot to "maddyguage" who I was in touch with while finalizing my RCD 330+ purchase
I'm glad I could help you brother.
maddyguage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:42   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjain View Post
Hi all. I had just upgraded Skoda swing to RCD330G Plus. But to my surprise my phone's are not getting mirror linked to the radio set. Is there a way out for doing mirror link. I have one plus 3t and moto z
Both phones dont support Mirror Link. Here is the list of phones which do -

http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones
Old 3rd June 2017, 18:20   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Both phones dont support Mirror Link. Here is the list of phones which do -

http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones
Thanks ... But is there some hack or something to do that....
Old 4th June 2017, 09:07   #184
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
THINGS YOU NEED :

1. RVC connector - LINK

3. Delay timer - LINK

Hi Maddy,

Apart from the items that you mentioned, the Canbus Adaptor is also required or not for Highline TSI's RCD330G?
Old 5th June 2017, 08:38   #185
BHPian

Hello mates,
Finally I also couldn't resist and took the plunge. I have ordered the 330 plus and iso to quadlock connector for my vento 1.5 2015.
The wait for parts to arrive begin.
I'm skeptical​ to order the rvc because till now I didn't have any need for it and since my car doesn't have the boot release button above the number plate I am being hesitant to drill any holes. Let's wait and see if in future the need arises.
Thank you all for creating/maintaining this thread.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:15   #186
BHPian

This is pretty much what i was looking for i guess. Planning to replace the RCD510 on my 09 Jetta highline 1.9PD which lacks BT. Hope this would be a plug and play since the BT module is inbuilt.My questions are

1)will sync with MFD time/weather?
2)Will i need the Canbus adapter?
3)Can i retain the steering wheel controls functionality?
4)Can anyone suggest a good compatible Rear view camera please!
Any option to

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Sam.k : 5th June 2017 at 12:18.
Old 5th June 2017, 14:54   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
THINGS YOU NEED :

1. RVC connector - LINK

3. Delay timer - LINK

Ordered this: https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...Id=32701334431
Old 5th June 2017, 18:16   #188
BHPian

Finally upgraded the stock RCD 320 on my Jetta to RCD 330G Plus with Apple CarPlay.

Since my car is the Comfort Line variant, it required an additional Quad Lock adapter.

Everything (Bluetooth, Temperature/ time display, etc.) is working perfectly, except Park Pilot / OPS display. Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

I bought this from a Seller (Shalinder Choudhary) in Ramesh Nagar, Delhi.

Pricing:
1. The unit: INR 15K
2. Quad Lock Radio Connector / Adapter: INR 1K
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1050.jpg  

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1048.jpg  

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1047.jpg  

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1046.jpg  

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_1045.jpg  

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-carisofharnessfontbradiobfontadapterforfontbfordbfont-v2.jpg  

Old 7th June 2017, 10:55   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post

Everything (Bluetooth, Temperature/ time display, etc.) is working perfectly, except Park Pilot / OPS display. Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Guys, can someone help me with checking if Park Pilot Display will work using my current setup, or do I need an additional module or something??
Old 7th June 2017, 11:11   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, can someone help me with checking if Park Pilot Display will work using my current setup, or do I need an additional module or something??
Comfortline Jettas do not come with canbus equipped OPS module. You will have to change it to a one which has canbus support in order to enable display on the HU.

The module is located in the dashboard behind the instrument cluster. Will require dismantling the dashboard to access it.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:27   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Comfortline Jettas do not come with canbus equipped OPS module. You will have to change it to a one which has canbus support in order to enable display on the HU.

The module is located in the dashboard behind the instrument cluster. Will require dismantling the dashboard to access it.

Thank you Gannu!!

So should I get a Camera instead? As I am not comfortable with dismantling the dashboard.

EDIT: Would changing the CAN Gateway help? Asking because High-Line and Comfort-Line Jetta's have very similar Park Assist Systems.

Last edited by maglev : 7th June 2017 at 12:52.
Old 12th June 2017, 06:54   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Finally upgraded the stock RCD 320 on my Jetta to RCD 330G Plus with Apple CarPlay.
I thought RCD 330 G Plus did not come with carplay and android auto built in.
So does the unit that you get from Shalinder Choudhary has android auto also built in?

Last edited by meetzap : 12th June 2017 at 06:55. Reason: Typo
Old 12th June 2017, 13:18   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
I thought RCD 330 G Plus did not come with carplay and android auto built in.
So does the unit that you get from Shalinder Choudhary has android auto also built in?
RCD 330G Plus is available with & without CarPlay (CarPlay versions also have Baidu CarLife & Mirror-Link). Shalinder had both in stock.

There is however a significant price difference:
  1. With CarPlay: USD 200-225 or INR 15-16K
  2. Without CarPlay: USD 90-100 or INR 8-9K

I haven't heard of any VW unit with Android Auto.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 21:30   #194
BHPian

Hi guys, does anyone know if the RCD 330G Plus would be a straight plug and play fit for Skoda Laura Ambiente (other than requiring a new dash fascia since the RCD 330G is narrower than the Swing)? The original HU in the car is the Skoda Swing non USB, non touchscreen, non bluetooth CD player with Temp display and parking sensor display.
Old 12th June 2017, 21:47   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry can View Post
Hi guys, does anyone know if the RCD 330G Plus would be a straight plug and play fit for Skoda Laura Ambiente (other than requiring a new dash fascia since the RCD 330G is narrower than the Swing)? The original HU in the car is the Skoda Swing non USB, non touchscreen, non bluetooth CD player with Temp display and parking sensor display.
Yep, that's a direct swap judging by the player indicated in this eBay link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks