Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 25th October 2006, 17:33   #1

Hi folks,

I plan to fit a HU with speakers in my new santro xing. After doing some research, I plan to go for Pioneer HU with JBL 4'' front and rear 6x9 speakers in the provided slots in xing. No tweeters, no amps, no subwoofers. Budget - 12k.

Is this a good choice ? I usually hear vocals/jazz, and rarely some rock.
Does fitting the HU/speakers outside makes the car warranty void ? The dealer guy was telling me about the warranty issue for remote locking, he seemed not too sure about music systems.
Is there a HU with USB drives available ? Is it available in Pune ?

4lacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 20:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

HU with USB drives? I assume you mean a HU with a USB port for an external storage device. Yes, this has been discussed on a few threads before. I believe Kenwood makes a nice one.

Your car warranty will not be void, not unless you decide to cut up the internal harness. Cheers and enjoy your music.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 21:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Blaupunkt has a coupla new models with this - one USB port, 2 aux-ins, and SD/MMC memory card reading capability.

The models are Memphis MP66 and the St.Louis MP56. No idea of prices, but from the way they've been arranged in the catalog, (they are the 2 models below the costliest - the 49K model), they must be around 30K. Whew!
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2006, 00:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Have a look and always use search option in advance mode before starting new thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...head-unit.html (Any USB head unit)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...rs-budget.html (USB enabled HU and 4 speakers - budget)

Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote