| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|1st November 2006, 17:47||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Thanked: 161 Times
I have a PIO 6850 HU which has the facility to display the battery voltage on it display. This is what I observed:
1. When I turn the ignition key such that the engine has not started but the electrical units have, I notice the display shows 12V
2. Now when I start the engine the voltage value jumps to 14V sometimes even goes to 14.3V.
3. Now as I drive in about 30 minutes the voltage drops to 13.0V the drop seems to depend on how smoothly i can drive i.e if there is too much traffic the drop in voltage seems to be faster
4. But i have never seen it drop below 12.9V I have driven for upto an hour continously.
5. This happens everytime I start the car
Is this normal. ?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Replacing Existing Battery with a Cummins Shakti Truck Battery?||condor||Technical Stuff||14||30th June 2018 18:32|
|Battery dealer installs 3-wheeler battery in my car!! Now what?||Soumyajit9||Technical Stuff||29||19th December 2016 11:06|
|PICS: SF Sonic Battery Factory. Detailed report on the making of a Car Battery||S2!!!||Technical Stuff||29||16th April 2016 11:39|
|Battery question - Can I use Indica Spec Battery in Scorpio, or other such swaps?||shekharlele||Technical Stuff||18||7th September 2010 09:05|
|Using a battery tender to revive discharged battery||xxaarraa||Technical Stuff||2||14th May 2008 19:56|