Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2017, 09:10   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,225
Thanked: 2,060 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
I have w10 auto, I have been waiting for Android Auto and Apple carplay. Mainly for maps . I am iPhone user stop wondering if Android Auto would be of any user.
Unless you want to change to Android as your primary phone! Currently Apple CarPlay is not supported in XUV. And even if it is, google mas is all you wanted which is in Android Auto offering.

I am an iPhone user too and have tried using Android phone many a times but could never switch completely to android world. So the best for me is to use a standby android phone in car hooked into a nice mobile holder for maps - almost like a dedicated GPS device. Rest all is there on my iPhone! So only if you care for EcoSense, Gear Shift indicators and a stable infotainment experience, go for the update.
abirnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 17:57   #47
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: India
Posts: 9
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post

In the one plus foruns, there seem to be users who have been proivded a testing patch which seems to improve the connection between OnePlus 3 and android auto. So we can wait I suppose.

Good luck.
Good news. I got a new version of Oxygen OS for my Oneplus 3T today morning over OTA (4.1.6). The release notes mentioned fix for Android Auto. So, I downloaded immediately and went for a 2 hour drive, with a couple of forced start-stop too. It didn't disconnect at all and worked like charm! Thanks Oneplus, finally Oneplus can get to use Android Auto, which I was not expecting them to fix at all!

@Piyush, did you try?
rsathya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 22:16   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 28
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsathya View Post

@Piyush, did you try?
Yes 4.1.6 fixes it. Went for a 8 hour drive to the hills. No disconnection! Thanks to one plus.
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 23:49   #49
BHPian
 
mjumrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 403
Thanked: 301 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

The disconnection issue was more of Google bug than OnePlus 3/3T bug. Google had fixed it in 7.1.2. OnePlus ported that bug fix back to 7.1.1 and released it as 4.1.6

A friend of mine had similar issue with his OnePlus 3 and XUV but his Moto G was working fine. His is a 2016 model XUV. Upgrade was apparently done for free by India Garage Mahadevapura.
mjumrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2017, 10:28   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 524
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

How does Oneplus 2 fare? There is no software update notification for Oneplus 2. I have yet to upgrade my silverbox to Android Auto, and no point in doing it, if my phone faces connectivity challenges.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 09:19   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,225
Thanked: 2,060 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
How does Oneplus 2 fare? There is no software update notification for Oneplus 2. I have yet to upgrade my silverbox to Android Auto, and no point in doing it, if my phone faces connectivity challenges.
Ajay, regardless you should get the upgrade done. All that you will miss is just Android Auto. But the the upgrade is beyond A Auto. You get EcoSense (if you care for disciplined driving habits), Odo Console updates, many small and relevant fixes over older version. Your phone will continue to work over bluetooth for all features like BT phone, BT music and so on. What might not work with OP phones is A Auto.

By the way, there seems to be new update from OP for OP3T phone at least. Release Notes has mention of A Auto fixes. I gave my old OP3T to a friend who is travelling and kept his BB priv phone. Hence did not get chance to check this.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:07   #52
BHPian
 
simonkayar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 160
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Yes 4.1.6 fixes it. Went for a 8 hour drive to the hills. No disconnection! Thanks to one plus.
Confirming the same. We went for a 3 day trip and all along OnePlus 3T with Android Auto was a huge help. Worked perfectly fine. Only think to find out is how to have 'Google Maps' with Android Auto and have audio (songs) from sources other than Google Play (Radio, Bluetooth, Wynk etc). Sometimes FM worked, sometimes it was overruled by Google Play.
simonkayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:37   #53
BHPian
 
mjumrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 403
Thanked: 301 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
Confirming the same. We went for a 3 day trip and all along OnePlus 3T with Android Auto was a huge help. Worked perfectly fine. Only think to find out is how to have 'Google Maps' with Android Auto and have audio (songs) from sources other than Google Play (Radio, Bluetooth, Wynk etc). Sometimes FM worked, sometimes it was overruled by Google Play.
There is an unreleased app called Anything Auto in play store that will allow one to use any music app to work with Android Auto. Install the app , open any music player in your phone which is not supported by Android Auto and then connect phone to the HU, press the music icon and you can see anything auto, press anything auto and you can see the music player running in background. An XDA developer who made this app.

Here is the link Anything Auto

Last edited by mjumrani : 3rd July 2017 at 09:38. Reason: Typo
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 07:58   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,225
Thanked: 2,060 Times
Default

Great to see new update on OP3T fixing the AAuto issues. I have now switched to Moto Z2 Play and it works like charm. Just waiting for Waze to be A Auto enabled. Not sure something like "Anything Auto" for music there is "something auto" for apps that can be shown to a auto. Blue sense tyre pressure values is what i want to keep seeing without having to disconnect the cable and AAuto.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 10:59   #55
BHPian
 
mjumrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 403
Thanked: 301 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Not sure something like "Anything Auto" for music there is "something auto" for apps that can be shown to a auto.
That would beat the whole point of Android Auto. They want you to be distraction free while driving. OnePlus 3 issue not yet solved. It still keeps giving error once in a while and Android Auto pushes phone to DND mode. I am using original OnePlus USB c cable and issue still persists.
mjumrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 12:05   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,225
Thanked: 2,060 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
That would beat the whole point of Android Auto. They want you to be distraction free while driving. OnePlus 3 issue not yet solved. It still keeps giving error once in a while and Android Auto pushes phone to DND mode. I am using original OnePlus USB c cable and issue still persists.
Let me re-explain. I need apps like BlueSense on the screen - i absolutely need the PSI values and temps of each tyre. Today neither infotainment unit shows this nor i can use mobile app that has these values.
abirnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 15:31   #57
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 648
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
But the the upgrade is beyond A Auto. You get EcoSense (if you care for disciplined driving habits), Odo Console updates, many small and relevant fixes over older version. Your phone will continue to work over bluetooth for all features like BT phone, BT music and so on. What might not work with OP phones is A Auto
Is there any way to check the updates received? I have the Automatic model and I can only figure out the emergency lane flash and A Auto update. What are the odo updates? How do I check?

On another note tried A Auto and Google maps on my OnePlus 3. Doesn't work for more than a few minutes after which screen becomes blank and A Auto doesn't respond till I restart the phone. This is with the latest updates as well.
mtnrajdeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 20:02   #58
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
I have w10 auto, I have been waiting for Android Auto and Apple carplay. Mainly for maps . I am iPhone user stop wondering if Android Auto would be of any user. I could not find answer on net. I could not try on any other car as most of them have both. Any idea?
I am in the same boat as you. Own a W10 Automatic and use an Iphone. I visited the Service Center for the upgrade, but was told will not be useful for me as EcoSense will not work with Automatic and Android Auto will not work with my Iphone.
I want to use Google maps as I find it difficult typing in to the in built Nav system. Did you go for the upgrade ? Is it worth buying an android phone just for the car ?
scywaulcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2017, 11:19   #59
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 648
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

I have been using the Android Auto feature for the last few days and here is a list of issues I faced till now:
1. System hangs while using Google Maps
2. System hangs randomly or stops playing songs while listening to music on Google Play Music
3. "Ok Google" command doesn't work randomly and I need to select the microphone icon on the top-right corner of the screen to start the listening mode
4. While using the navigation and taking a phone call - phone call audio becomes inaudible after a traffic alert is read out.

Only solution for all the above is to unplug the phone from USB and plug it in again so that Android Auto restarts. I am using a OnePlus 3 with the latest Software updates and an original oneplus USB cable.

Additionally, the connected apps are disabled in my W10 Auto even after the upgrade. From what I understand, these are visible in the Manual gearbox versions though they do not work.

Are there any workarounds for these issues? And has the dealer shortchanged me by not installing the connected apps module? Can any other W10 Auto owners who have upgraded the software check for this?

Thanks!
mtnrajdeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 02:34   #60
BHPian
 
nd4$pd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 95 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I have been using the Android Auto feature for the last few days and here is a list of issues I faced till now:
1. System hangs while using Google Maps
2. System hangs randomly or stops playing songs while listening to music on Google Play Music
3. "Ok Google" command doesn't work randomly and I need to select the microphone icon on the top-right corner of the screen to start the listening mode
4. While using the navigation and taking a phone call - phone call audio becomes inaudible after a traffic alert is read out.

Only solution for all the above is to unplug the phone from USB and plug it in again so that Android Auto restarts. I am using a OnePlus 3 with the latest Software updates and an original oneplus USB cable.

Additionally, the connected apps are disabled in my W10 Auto even after the upgrade. From what I understand, these are visible in the Manual gearbox versions though they do not work.

Are there any workarounds for these issues? And has the dealer shortchanged me by not installing the connected apps module? Can any other W10 Auto owners who have upgraded the software check for this?

Thanks!
I also have a OnePlus 3 and a Galaxy S8. The S8 performs flawlessly with Android Auto. The OnePlus 3 has known issues with Android Auto (check the OnePlus forums). What helped me with the OnePlus 3 was to use a different USB to USB type C cable (not the OnePlus 3 charging cable). It hasn't completely eliminated the crashes, but has greatly reduced them.
nd4$pd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods akshay_b Gadgets, Computers & Software 26789 14th December 2017 04:10
BMW iDrive, Connected Drive & BMW Apps - Review & FAQ Thread! karan561 In-Car Entertainment 27 11th May 2017 00:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks