Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 22nd July 2017, 11:41   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
I also have a OnePlus 3 and a Galaxy S8. The S8 performs flawlessly with Android Auto. The OnePlus 3 has known issues with Android Auto (check the OnePlus forums). What helped me with the OnePlus 3 was to use a different USB to USB type C cable (not the OnePlus 3 charging cable). It hasn't completely eliminated the crashes, but has greatly reduced them.
Thanks! What about the Connected Apps feature? Is it installed for you? Can you see the apps on the screen?
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 16:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thanks! What about the Connected Apps feature? Is it installed for you? Can you see the apps on the screen?
I don't have the connected apps
nd4$pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 10:55   #63
BHPian

Please watch below the footage of Connected apps which may be useful for those who intend to purchase the vehicle.

jacobvarughese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 11:53   #64
BHPian

I had visited Mahindra to get a small fix and i enquired about Apple Car, looks like its coming in a month or so.
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 21:19   #65
BHPian

After the upgrade of auto-connect on my W10 i am facing the below issue:

if my smart phone is not connected to the auto-connect, and i choose to play music(USB/ Radio) and simultaneously if i set the destination in the navigation, then there is a delay read fraction of seconds on the music being played (read consistent breaks(silent))

But if i am on Radio and connect my smart phone and launch auto-connect i can see that some times the volume automatically increases and decreases itself.

These is very annoying planning to take it Service centre to address the issue.

Any one has faced these kind of issue?

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 16th August 2017 at 21:25.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 22:54   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
After the upgrade of auto-connect on my W10 i am facing the below issue.
Not sure i fully understand your observation but here is what I can comment based on what I have observed -

- if you have kept the sound to less than or equal to 5 bars (10 clicks rotating on volume button) you will not hear overlaying voice. Instead the audio will be muted and then hear the navigation. With a seconds delay when navigation audio prompt is over, audio will resume. If you increase the sound to 6 bars and above, every time the navigation audio plays, your music audio will get feeble (you can still hear it as if the volume is just one bar)
- I once had this funny issue: I kept the navigation volume (speaker volume button on the maps navigation screen) to super low to avoid the prompts. It was low but not mute. So every time there was there is navigation audio prompt, the radio/ USB will stop. Actually the navigation audio was being played and i did not hear it as car was moving and navigation volume was super low! I thought speakers went kaput or my amp must have given up! I tried the net day and everything was fine. The reason being navigation was over and i was at home!

Some usability issues here but when i had spoken to folks who built this months ago, they said these are some of the google imposed "must-have" behaviours that they implemented. Not sure how true it is!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 13:37   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Not sure i fully understand your observation but here is what I can comment based on what I have observed -

- if you have kept the sound to less than or equal to 5 bars (10 clicks rotating on volume button) you will not hear overlaying voice. Instead the audio will be muted and then hear the navigation. With a seconds delay when navigation audio prompt is over, audio will resume. If you increase the sound to 6 bars and above, every time the navigation audio plays, your music audio will get feeble (you can still hear it as if the volume is just one bar)
- I once had this funny issue: I kept the navigation volume (speaker volume button on the maps navigation screen) to super low to avoid the prompts. It was low but not mute. So every time there was there is navigation audio prompt, the radio/ USB will stop. Actually the navigation audio was being played and i did not hear it as car was moving and navigation volume was super low! I thought speakers went kaput or my amp must have given up! I tried the net day and everything was fine. The reason being navigation was over and i was at home!

Some usability issues here but when i had spoken to folks who built this months ago, they said these are some of the google imposed "must-have" behaviours that they implemented. Not sure how true it is!
I usually mute my navigation which means the music should not be stopped or still it would be muted for fraction of seconds?

But even if there is no instruction with respect to the navigation the music stops for fraction of seconds which is the problem in my case.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote