Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 7th February 2018, 16:35   #241
t0m
BHPian

Default Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

It's been a really long time since I posted here .

In case it's not already shared, you can now play YouTube videos on the fly on the HU (without the handbrakes). Plus surf the internet and access music and videos from your local file system on the connected phone.
  1. Enable Developer mode from AA App > Menu > About > Tap the Header several time till you get the message that you are now in developer mode.
  2. Click on the three dot menu on the right hand top > Developer Settings > Enable last option "Unknown sources".
  3. Grab the latest APK and install. http://www.thekirankumar.com/blog/20...roid-auto-app/
  4. Connect phone to HU and click on the right-most icon on the AA interface on the HU and select Car Stream from the option.
YouTube is loaded by default. You can create bookmarks and access the local file system from the menu at the top.

Last edited by t0m : 7th February 2018 at 16:37.
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 21:54   #242

Default Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Few things to note about this update. For everything to work correctly post the update. You need to do the following.
  1. Run Update-> Wait until the system asks you to remove the drive.
  2. Let it fully shut down BY ITSELF post update.
  3. Wait 2-3 full minutes for the system to completely shut off.(Suzuki seems to have implemented a sort of wait time before complete shutdown so that the system is in sleep mode to prevent boot delay if the car is restarted)
  4. Restart car after the wait period
  5. Settings -> reset
  6. Wait 30 seconds
  7. Turn off car
  8. Wait 3 minutes
  9. Start car and do your usual setup
This way the system detects your data carrier versioning correctly for GPS data (especially useful if you intend to keep the provided SDCard at home and use your own)

Android Auto connects will happen instantly. (without this reset process it isn't that it isn't quick; it's just MUCH faster)

The reset also seems to help with Bluetooth functionality.
BT will now correctly show a device as phone + Music capable on the Bluetooth settings menu

Side note - my previously paired Android Auto phones did not connect correctly post the update without the reset. So this was a hard learning for me. For a moment I freaked and thought that my risk of updating had caused me issues.
Second note - The system resets date and time to GMT. Go into settings -> Time -> Time Zone -> India and it will work correctly
Third Note - now Decimal Degree POI's will not work immediately as the system now defaults to Degrees, minutes, seconds. You need to change that for custom POI's to detect.
I followed the method to the T, It even finished the update in 2 stages. The first one stopping at 75 then shut down and second time going all the way to 100% and asking me to remove the usb drive for system to shut down.

After the restart I get the glowing "S" suzuki logo but then the screen goes blank. There is no backlight or anything on the LCD screen. Reverse cam works fine. But by pressing any buttons or touching the screen has no effect whatsoever.

I tried the update second time to make sure that there were no errors but I still got the same glowing logo and then completely dark screen.

PS: I tried with the 1750 version.

I need some help. What should I do next?
mufc18 is offline   Reply With Quote