Team-BHP - Satellite Radio - Works in India ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Satellite Radio - Works in India ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/1900-satellite-radio-works-india.html)

If anyone has installed Worldspace or any other satellite radio in a car, it would be good to know how it is actually.

Hey stacktop,

I dunno if this helps, but I use worldspace in my office. It costs me 300 bucks a month and is simply amazing. At work, I prefer having some underground/hiphop/techno/fast music playing in the background and satellite radio serves this purpose better than any other. Continuous music with no RJ's (I hate the indian radio where theres more talk and ads than music), the latest grooves and superb quality sound. The channel list is also unbelievably long.

But in my car, I dont like anyone else choosing the song that I listen too. Thats why only cd's for me. I have heard pretty decent reviews of satellite radio in the car, with the odd limitation such as zero signal in tunnels etc. Drop outs also occur in an area with many high-rises etc.

GTO

hey gto
which worldspace reciever do u you use?? how much did it cost ya?

300 bucks a month?? I thought it was free!

Hey Rtech,

It was free unitl a couple of months back when the started charging.

300 bucks a month?? I thought it was 1200 bux a year...???

R

i am paying 1200 a year. and sorry you cannot use it in a car as the angle of the antenna has to be always pointed towards the worldspace satelleite which is not possible in a car.

We have to keep waiting for XM Radio...

BTW, we Hyderabadis are still waiting for a good FM. AIR is the only FM station available for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (satish_appasani @ Sep. 09 2004,12:38)]We have to keep waiting for XM Radio...

BTW, we Hyderabadis are still waiting for a good FM. AIR is the only FM station available for us.

I wonder why Hyderabad doesnt have a decent FM channel *
-chaxy

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (chaxy @ Sep. 09 2004,14:54)]I wonder why Hyderabad doesnt have a decent FM channel

That probably has something to do with the law? maybe costs and taxes in the state dont make it a very attractive business proposition?

Also, is it true that FM stations are required by law to have a certain % of their songs in hindi? (ie its not legally possible to have an english only station?)

cya
R

True....all these FM channels need to have 60% of the songs in hindi for the mass listeners.
Oh c`mon guys......Hindi songs,RJ crap and a lot of bullshit ads......and only 40% English!!!
That truly sucks.

Yeah...remember in 2002 when Go 92.5 had just started? New channel..less RJ's & good music. See now what has happened to them now..useless songs through the day

same prob everywhere huh? radio city in bangalore used to play english songs before, now not a single english song is played. sad

does XM exist in India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Sep. 10 2004,01:41)]Yeah...remember in 2002 when Go 92.5 had just started? New channel..less RJ's & good music. See now what has happened to them now..useless songs through the day

still 92.5 is ur best bet for english songs in bbay

92.5 top station, post 11 ever night very good music
worldspace antenna has to be facing east at all times