Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2006, 10:06   #46
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,503
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

revtech, this is OT but what are you using the audio system for? why not open a thread in shifting gears?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 14:18   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,988
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

yea i guess i will. i think well jus stick to this topic out here.
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 16:18   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 690
Thanked: Once
Default

Does anyone know how the Blau Mumbai sounds?
Vivekphadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 17:53   #49
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis View Post
Does anyone know how the Blau Mumbai sounds?
Doesn't know in depth. Heard once for a short time. Was Ok to my ears.

The build quality is not that great as older Blaus used to be.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 18:36   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,988
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

i saw the two.will mostly get the 6850 but i want to know two things.

in the 6850 do the songs appear in a list.i mean if i want to go from song 2 - 22 can i search/select/scrool through songs easily insteaded of changing them one at a time till i reach 22.

also any idea if the price will fall by jan ? if so id pick it up then.
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 18:46   #51
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
i saw the two.will mostly get the 6850 but i want to know two things.

in the 6850 do the songs appear in a list.i mean if i want to go from song 2 - 22 can i search/select/scrool through songs easily insteaded of changing them one at a time till i reach 22.
I can't understand the question here. It's more like an explanation of the listing feature in Pio6850.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
also any idea if the price will fall by jan ? if so id pick it up then.
I don't think the drop will be worth the wait.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 19:00   #52
BHPian
 
hari_rama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Trichur
Posts: 263
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

6850 has 3 amp preouts n 7 band equiliser.the equiliser really does the job.Also 6850 has motorised f.panel which is a boon as it has auto face open feature every time u switch off the iginition......so u always remember to take out the front panel.
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 21:16   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,988
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I can't understand the question here. It's more like an explanation of the listing feature in Pio6850.


I don't think the drop will be worth the wait.
what i meant was.... are the songs displayed in a list so that i can just scroll through them and select the one i want ?? and i went back and checked out and yes they are so i guess that answers my question.

i really like this one and think i will pick it up.yea as you said it doesn realy make sence waiting so i guess ill go in for it.

one last thing.i wont get something better at this price right ?
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 21:20   #54
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
lancer_mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 142
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama View Post
6850 has 3 amp preouts n 7 band equiliser.the equiliser really does the job.Also 6850 has motorised f.panel which is a boon as it has auto face open feature every time u switch off the iginition......so u always remember to take out the front panel.
may sound stupid but what exactly is this 7 band equalizer.how does it help.
lancer_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 21:27   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,988
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama View Post
Also 6850 has motorised f.panel which is a boon as it has auto face open feature every time u switch off the iginition......so u always remember to take out the front panel.
i didnt quite get you.what do you mean by "has auto face open feature every time u switch off the iginition"

what if at times you want to leave it in ?
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 21:58   #56
BHPian
 
angelfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mangalore/Chicago
Posts: 251
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
i didnt quite get you.what do you mean by "has auto face open feature every time u switch off the iginition"

what if at times you want to leave it in ?
The face plate slides down as soon as you turn of the ignition....it stays there for few seconds nd if you dont remove it...it slides back to its original position....
angelfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 22:03   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,988
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

ok thanx angelfire.now i got it.


Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 00:02   #58
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Talking Ugly?? or Bling Bling??? Your choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
one last thing.i wont get something better at this price right ?
Try Grand Road! You can get nice PYTs for this price. They'll even clean up after the job!!!

Arrey!!
That Hu is good enough to spend 9k!! Why think more??
If you insist, there's a Panasonic model (CQ 5301) with all nice features and it's available for 9.9k with B&W!!
It has 3 pre-outs, Motorised face etc.. with Bill & warranty too!!
There's a feature which you won't like.... It's ugly to look at!!!

No matter how good job she can do, Boys like it more when she is beautiful, right?? LOL!!!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 00:18   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,988
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
No matter how good job she can do, Boys like it more when she is beautiful, right?? LOL!!!

how true.ok let me get some cash together and get the pio.i read some where that with the 6850 "use the Subwoofer adjustments to make sure your bass performance has the kick you like. In fact, you can just hit the new Subwoofer Direct button to fine tune the settings at any time"

but im confuesed what exactly does that mean and how can it be done ?
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 11:55   #60
BHPian
 
hari_rama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Trichur
Posts: 263
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
In fact, you can just hit the new Subwoofer Direct button to fine tune the settings at any time"

but im confuesed what exactly does that mean and how can it be done ?
It is used as a shortcut to the subwoofer settings.That is u dont need to go to audio menu to adjust the subwoofer settings.....u can do it from the playback mode
here is a pic showing tht DIRECT SWITCH nothing much to boast hehe

hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Good old Zen Gets JBLfyed!! nripin In-Car Entertainment 27 17th February 2008 03:06
My JBLfyed Baleno.... sys_whiz In-Car Entertainment 26 5th May 2007 18:02
No more ZEN for Zen Lovers abhibh The Indian Car Scene 65 8th May 2006 17:17
Used Zen vs new Zen shuvc Hatchbacks 12 18th August 2005 19:16
E-Zen & B-Zen.... MustangMan The Indian Car Scene 3 2nd July 2005 21:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks