Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 15th December 2006, 16:38   #76
BHPian

Default Is JVC Bad? :(

Well guys I recently got meself a JVC DVD HU and didnt find much of a difference between the Sony VCD HU, I had earlier and this, in the same setup i.e. JBL rears with JBL Sealed box Woofer with a JBL GTO75.4.. WHy is it that JVC doesnt score anywhere in the forums?

I do understand that music lies in the ears of the behearer (beauty in the eyes of the beholder types) but am an ok music guy

Have owned Pios and Kenwoods too earlier in my previous rides
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 18:40   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
hehe, finally congrats....
hahha thanx a lot.just got back.sounds sweet and looks good.im glad i went in for it.

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 23:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
hahha thanx a lot.just got back.sounds sweet and looks good.im glad i went in for it.

Rev
Congrates for your purchase..
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 23:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

thanx dude.....im going for a drive right now....will post pics tom.its an amazing head unit.
Old 21st December 2006, 11:47   #80
Team-BHP Support

this thread has been opened as revtech wants to add something constructive. the thread was closed becuase nothing useful was being added. so guys please keep the topic in mind when posting.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2006, 18:49   #81
Senior - BHPian

as most of you know i have a 12 inch bass tube in my zen.so there absolutely no space left on any side.

On one side of the bass tube is the woofer and on the other wide there is a port .

now looking at these pics one can clearly see that there is barely 2-3 inches from either side of the tube and the boxes where the speakers are fixed.

Now my question is (although a stupid one) will this negatively affect the sound coming from the tube as the waves hit the side of the speaker box and go back to the woofer and similarly somme of the air coming out of the port is forced back in due to space constraints.i hope youll get what im saying.

it sounds great !! no doubt bout that but i just want to know if there was more place say it were a bigger car woulld it sound differently ?? any better ?

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 29th December 2006 at 18:51.
Old 29th December 2006, 19:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as most of you know i have a 12 inch bass tube in my zen.so there absolutely no space left on any side.

On one side of the bass tube is the woofer and on the other wide there is a port .

now looking at these pics one can clearly see that there is barely 2-3 inches from either side of the tube and the boxes where the speakers are fixed.

Now my question is (although a stupid one) will this negatively affect the sound coming from the tube as the waves hit the side of the speaker box and go back to the woofer and similarly somme of the air coming out of the port is forced back in due to space constraints.i hope youll get what im saying.

it sounds great !! no doubt bout that but i just want to know if there was more place say it were a bigger car woulld it sound differently ?? any better ?

Rev
It would make a difference if the sub's radiation and the port were afforded some more space. But with none available, and since it does sound good anyway, why don't you sit back and enjoy the music?
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2006, 21:05   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
It would make a difference if the sub's radiation and the port were afforded some more space. But with none available, and since it does sound good anyway, why don't you sit back and enjoy the music?
yea thats what i am doing but i want to know this for genral knowledge sake.

Rev
Old 29th December 2006, 21:36   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Like B&T said, yeah, it would sound better if there was a little more space, but it sounds good in your zen and you're happy and that's that.

When you buy a bigger hatch and if you tranfer the tube to the bigger car, do let us know if you heard the difference.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 03:03   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
When you buy a bigger hatch and if you tranfer the tube to the bigger car, do let us know if you heard the difference.
wont be getting another hatch will be shifting it to the baleno later unless i plan on selling it.

any way thanx.
Old 30th December 2006, 13:12   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Rev. 3" is adequate brething room. 2" is kinda small. The small room might increase "effective Mms/Mmd" slightly but not to worry it will only make the woofer less boomy.
Old 30th December 2006, 18:15   #87
Senior - BHPian

thanx navin but whats Mms/Mmd ?? would like to know.

also should i leave equal space on each side or should i leave more space on the side of the woofer or cone.

Rev
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:00   #88
Team-BHP Support

Mms is moving mass of cone incl. air also called dynamic mass (Mmd is the cone mass without air - static mass) so in this case since there is an air mass partially trapped Mms might increase somewhat. Now remember these masses are in gms (about 10gms0 and the increase might be in milligrams (20-30). I have found that by pacing a woofer close to a wall boundry you can effectively couple it to the wall boudry and change it's "in-room" bass response.
Old 2nd January 2007, 15:44   #89
Senior - BHPian

hmmm very informative navin though i understood only parts of it LOL.thanx a lot.

can any one tell me is it possible to switch off the sub on the pioneer 6850 ?

Rev
Old 2nd January 2007, 16:35   #90
Team-BHP Support

Does it have a sub level control? If it does turn the sub level control down.