Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 11th January 2007, 11:52   #106
Team-BHP Support

This is the ICE section we dont care about engine-vengine and other related products. If we ICEers did not need to drive to work to pay for our ICE we'd just take the ICE home and forget about the car as well! LOL :-)

Seriously, try posting other request in the Modifications and Accessories section. As far as front speakers go most here would recommend components from the guys who make speakers (JBL, Hertz, Infinity, etc...). The rest depends on your ears Expect to spend 6K+ on components.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 11:58   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH-WINS View Post
AUDIO HELP:
Thanks a lot guys for considering my problem.....
yes am new to this and still in learning mode........
Now i will be more clear with my query ................
I reside in Mumbai.
I have a Zen and i have fitted 5850 HU + pioneer oval speaker in boot(loow quality box)
+ 4 channel sony XPLOD amp + 1000Watts Base Tube in boot and did this with Boss wiring.
now am getting the thump and am satisfied.....but i need to know the optimized setup for the components i have....
it would me help if i get the HU settings and amp setting(ohms tuner, lpf etc)
need to buy FRONT SPEAKERS....Plz suggest me the product and estimated cost in grey for the front speakers with wiring...
do suggest me what more components to add up to boost the prent stuff..
OTHER:
I need to put up TINT SCREEN(black) + SIDE RUBBER GUARD in my newely painted whole white zen.....
Am even planin to put up CENTRE LOCK + AUTO WINDOW ROLL UP kit(am fed up with the mannual closing of windows)....
And if buget permits am planin to go for Alloy Wheels too....
Plz suggest me the product and estimated cost in grey fo all the 4 components mentioned above...
Thanks in advance......:-)
i didnt know you get low and high quality boxes. theres nothing like optimized setting.fiddle around with the controls and see what sounds best to you.some people music flooded with bass some like it bright so fiddle around see what sounds best.as already mentioned go to your installer and hear a few bbrands alpine , jbl, infinity , see what sounds good to you.id suggest buying speakers wit B&W.go to a car accesory shop you should get weverything you need.

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 11th January 2007 at 11:59.
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 22:55   #108
Senior - BHPian

i was jus driving around today and suddenly my sub goes off.i thought maybe i switched off the sub from the HU by mistake so i try and turn it on but it was already on.all settings on the head unit were just the way i had last seen it.

i stopped the car only to figure out my amps conked off and there is a red light ON and next to that it says power protection.i take it to my installer he checks it out.fiddles around with the fuse but it was off no usee....

he has removed it and said hell get it checked and repaired if needed but i want to know what exactly happened ?? does this happen to amps just like that ? by the way its a 2 channel sony amp "Sony 552" powering a JBL Bass Tube.

Rev
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:18   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Happens sometimes. Maybe you over drove the amp? Let's see what he says, let us know.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:22   #110
Senior - BHPian

tha gains on the amp were the same as they were since about a month....they haven been tampered with.and before today i have pusshed the sub and amp very hard.... played much much louder than i did all of today why did it suddenly decide to conk off today ?

so sam if i did over drive my amp or wht ever whats the result what happend now ?
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:26   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't worry bro, Even in the worst case, even if your power transistors have gone kaput, I am sure they will fix it.
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:59   #112
Senior - BHPian

ok thanx buddy.will update you on what happend then.thanx for the quick replies.

Rev
Old 23rd January 2007, 04:16   #113
BANNED

I think a Sony 552 shouldn't be over worked and pushed to the limits. It's one of the basic amps and should be used far from the limits. I've seen some blasting their subs to the max with these amps connected and then complaining when it goes kaput. There was a case here 4days ago too in an Indica.

It's not necessary that the amp go kaput soon as you push it. It may even take a week before it decides to pack up.

Wait till the man confirms what's wrong. Sometimes, it may be just a small one.
So, CHILL!!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2007, 22:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

well after 3 weeks i FINALLY gopt my amp back.it was soo anooying he used to say hes notgetting the parts and stuff and finally i got it back..BUT its not the same as before... at first the gain was set to about 70% and it used to be great... today when he installed it even with FULL gain and ofcourse the same settings on my headunit it didnt sound the same....sounded as if it was lacking something.

i thought ill give it shot try it out and stuff so while driving back home i pump up the VOl and what do you know....my sub goes of...

i stopped the car reduced the gain to about 70% as it was before and continue driving.now it sounds worse than before (read not much bass) and when i play it more than 40-45 it sttill goes off.... its daam annoying specially after the amp being with my installer for 3 weeks !!
Old 8th February 2007, 23:47   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I have seen this happen, when output transistors are replaced with equivalent transistors.
Especially if they arent a perfect match, or replaced as a matching push-pull pair.
Old 9th February 2007, 01:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

so what options do i have..its so annoying first he keeps my amp for 3 weeks and then he gives it back like this.im really tired of this and have decided to get the GTA 275 and give him back this and let him do what ever he wants with it.

Rev
Old 9th February 2007, 01:53   #117
BANNED

I think it's a nice option.

You can go for a better amp and don't worry for some time to come.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2007, 02:44   #118
Senior - BHPian

yea i guess i should do that....whats a better option PA 275 or GTA 275 ?

Rev
Old 9th February 2007, 12:22   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
yea i guess i should do that....whats a better option PA 275 or GTA 275 ?

Rev
PA 275, anyday. The GTA amps are very ordinary.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2007, 12:39   #120
Senior - BHPian

im getting both at almost the same price but the GTA with bill and warranty thats why im inclined towards that.