Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 30th November 2006, 18:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
arrree i have alrdy posted what i meant by my statement.

that is i will only upgrade them when they will become totally useless which is bound to happen soon as they are not of good quality and i was playing them at full blast.!
arrree if u full blst the systm, thn evn d new spkrs tht u buy aftr these 1s wl blow. E-z on d vol cntrl, m8!

Navin & co., for an English translation of the above, please pm me.
Old 30th November 2006, 18:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
esteem_lover- p.s stay away from this ICE section.
hey you were suggesting me to stay away from this section but see now i will get free OE speakers courtesy ishan bhai . hua na fayda post karne ka
Old 30th November 2006, 18:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
hey now am scared to even look at whats inside the doors .! so they are that bad huh? well then ill change them soon.!
You just said it sounds great...speakers should be heard and not seen, in my very humble opinion.
Old 30th November 2006, 18:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You just said it sounds great...speakers should be heard and not seen, in my very humble opinion.
What i meant was that if i would have seen them and realized that they are of low quality i would have not played them at a high volume.

They were sounding good only at high volumes thats why i said that i would not like to see them now, ignorance is bliss u know .!
Old 1st December 2006, 00:03   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Dude... Chill... If you like them, keep them. You dont have to buy or change anything to meet our approval.

That said, everything sounds good in isolation. As and when you feel the need to upgrade, listen to some good speakers in your car and you will know what you've been missing all this while.
Steeroid, What I think gunbir was trying to say is that dont change anything just for the aprroval of TBHP''s ICE section change becuase you can hear a difference. I agree 100% that speakers should be heard and not seen. Thats is exactly why i find those Red Sonys so annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
That's a good thing you did Navin. Thanks.
I also think 9826 is better than the 43-45s. But why would Honda like to push more of 43-45s?? I think the 43-45s are expensive than the 26-27s! Or am I wrong?
Th 26 and 27 are better than the 43 and 45 although the cost about the same. It is a long sordid story. Unfortunately Honda tried to cheat the wrong mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
There was a time when Indian coffe house's coffee was the best in the world for me, then Coffee day happened and then Barrista. And I still miss my cafe at Johannesburg.
What Barrista/Starbucks serve is very average. Cafe Coffee day is marginally better.

You can get much better coffee from many cheaper places.

1. Fatima's in Kodaikanal will sell you pre roasted Arabica or Peaberry. If you give them 1 days motice and advance payment they wil even give you a custom roast. I usually get a bag of Peaberry dark roast and another of medium roast. each bag is 500gm.
Coffee Board of India - Handbook - Planters

2. India Coffee Hoiuse in mumbai will sell you a medium roast with a minimum of chicory. For rs. 70 for 500gm it is unbeatable for value. esp if you are going to use it for flavoured coffee (Hazelnut, Vanilla, etc...).

3. My favourite is Kona coffee flown in from Hawaii (I order from the Bad *** Coffee company). It is expensive but they have excellent service. John and Yocinda are great and even throw in a few complemetaries for regular customers. The Bad Ass Coffee Company of Hawaii

4. I also order Panamanian Esmarelda, Costa rican Tarazu and Guatemala Antigua from Pete's coffee in San Francisco. I find Jamacian Blue Mountain to be overrated. They do not do international orders so I have to ask friends to carry it.

5. Kenyan, Javan, Sumatran and Arabian coffee i find has has limited use. Yes one does lvoe a cup of these usually as an after dinner jolt but for a morning cup the ones listed above are nicer.

Last edited by navin : 1st December 2006 at 00:07.
Old 1st December 2006, 05:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Th 26 and 27 are better than the 43 and 45 although the cost about the same. It is a long sordid story. Unfortunately Honda tried to cheat the wrong mother.
Ahhhh just as I was suspecting! Maybe a thread on it when you have some free time Navin? 'Cause this one sounds like it's gonna be fun to read!
Old 1st December 2006, 07:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Fatima's...
2. India Coffee Hoiuse...
3. My favourite is Kona coffee flown in from Hawaii...
4. I also order Panamanian Esmarelda, Costa rican Tarazu and Guatemala Antigua...
5. Kenyan, Javan, Sumatran and Arabian coffee...
So audio isn't the only thing you are crazy about huh?

I had an idea it (the Honda-Alpine debacle) must have had something to do with your Mom's NHC.
Old 1st December 2006, 10:19   #23
BHPian

The perfect brew with the perfect music....what a life!!!!! amazing
Old 1st December 2006, 10:26   #24
BHPian

To talk about Coffee....Baristta is actually quite bad ... A new chain has entered India BARNEY's ( available at PVR SPICE ,NOIDA ) ..which is quite passable...
South Indian Filter coffee beats any of the cofee chains any day.. Unfortunately at home Nescafe Instant is all that I know how to make.....guess ill need some sort of brewing contraption or an espresso machine or soemthing....
Old 1st December 2006, 10:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Fatima's in Kodaikanal will sell you pre roasted Arabica or Peaberry. If you give them 1 days motice and advance payment they wil even give you a custom roast. I usually get a bag of Peaberry dark roast and another of medium roast. each bag is 500gm.
Coffee Board of India - Handbook - Planters

2. India Coffee ........

5.....of these usually as an after dinner jolt but for a morning cup the ones listed above are nicer.
I don't even drink this many different varieties of beer.
Old 1st December 2006, 10:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What Barrista/Starbucks serve is very average. Cafe Coffee day is marginally better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
South Indian Filter coffee beats any of the cofee chains any day.. Unfortunately at home Nescafe Instant is all that I know how to make.....guess ill need some sort of brewing contraption or an espresso machine or soemthing....
OT : most certainly agree. some of the vegetarian restaraunts here & down south serve the best coffee that you could ever have. and they cost only Rs.5/-.
Old 1st December 2006, 10:56   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

we going off topic, and i understand sam's busy as ". Fatima's in Kodaikanal will sell you pre roasted Arabica or Peaberry. If you give them 1 days motice and advance payment they wil even give you a custom roast. I usually get a bag of Peaberry dark roast and another of medium roast. each bag is 500gm."
that name and kodai and that weight would have tempted an decent man

HOnda OE speakers may weigh 100gm?
Old 1st December 2006, 12:04   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ahhhh just as I was suspecting! Maybe a thread on it when you have some free time Navin? 'Cause this one sounds like it's gonna be fun to read!
Ref: ICE from Honda.
I am afraid Rags I dont like to bad mouth anyone so the gory details will be left out. Not even Honda. I just put this up as a "Head's Up" so that that you guys can be sure of getting the better ICE from Honda. Remember they are NOT suppsoed to charge you extra either the 9843 and 9826 cost about the same!

Ref: Coffee
Geez guys this was just a "first dip", I grind and french press a fresh pot every morning at 6:30am. Ground coffee should not be kept too long, it looses it's flavour. Now just dont get me started on wines, cheeses, choclates, and other cullinary delights. Other mods will be tempted to ban me then.
Old 1st December 2006, 12:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Ref: Coffee
Geez guys this was just a "first dip", I grind and french press a fresh pot every morning at 6:30am. Ground coffee should not be kept too long, it looses it's flavour. Now just dont get me started on wines, cheeses, choclates, and other cullinary delights. Other mods will be tempted to ban me then.
Navin plz dont stop..im sure you can over rule the other mods.... as music,life.. are soulless without them... Can you tell me what machine i can get for my morning brew... whcih preferabbly works on electricity and does not require me to be fully awake to use.. .

Last edited by sk456 : 1st December 2006 at 12:17.
Old 1st December 2006, 12:18   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Navin plz dont stop..im sure you can over rule the other mods.... as music,life.. are soulless without them... Can you tell me what machine i can get for my morning brew... whcih preferabbly works on electricity and does not require me to be fully awake to use.. .
1. check your PM.
2. You have to awake to "make" GOOD coffee.
Closed Thread