Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2007, 20:54   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
+-6 is basically a boost in dB for that frequency.
So obviously either u can increase it or decrease it depending upon ur taste,better left alone.
RSJ/ hydrashok, it is not a boost. It is a subwoofer level control. It will increase or decrease the signal level output by the subwoofer pre-outs in general, not for just one or a band of frequencies. The frequency indicated is the frequency at which the LP filter is set. Useful when bass is lacking or excessive in some program material, and you want to tune it without increasing/ decreasing the gains on the subwoofer amp, or by adjusting the eq which will affect the speaker signal also.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 21:05   #32
BHPian
 
rsjaurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Batala
Posts: 775
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

if not then it should be some sort of presets to adjust eq curves.


Thanx B&T for correction i just couldn't edit it in time.Saw ur post after i put up my 2nd post.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 11th January 2007 at 21:09.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 21:26   #33
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,468
Thanked: 19,375 Times
Default

But are these subwoofer level controls? the fequencies can be set using the EQ-EX in the pio HU. after that you can set the levels from the EQ menu option.
I thought subwoofer level would be separate and these were for the speakers connected.

edit: o yeah i guess actually it will end up changing the level for that frequency which in turn will change the sub level.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 17:14   #34
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

hi,

need suggestion for a new HU ...want a pio with seperate sub out...my pio 5650 is irrepairable...
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 18:18   #35
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

hi sam,

i want to upgade my ice...navin told me to take advice from you..i am planning to buy comps for the front...what would be the best sonic match for my infinity ref9613i rears...and i want to buy a new amp for the comps and rears...also i want to buy 12" dvc subs... please advise...my budget is as under..

comps 6k
amp 8k
subs without enclosure 8k

i can stretch my budget a little if you suggest...

thanks
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 20:12   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

clipto,

Comps: Infinity Ref6010cs (6.5" comps) would be the matching comp. (or 5010cs if you want 5.25" comps). 5.25" will fit your stock locations. 6.5" will need some mods. Sorry, no idea of price. Should be around 8K or 9K.

Amp: CS60.4 = 9K (1K more than your budget). But going for a GT75.4 (@13K) would be a better investment, considering you'll be using Infinitys and two 12" subs). BTW, which of your current amps will you be changing? The Un-Alpine, I guess? And the new amp is for the subs or the speakers?

Subs: I think for two 12" DVC subs, you'll need to stick to Pio at this budget point. Or get JBL GT4-12s at 5k each -- 10K. Plus 2K for a good partitioned and braced box. That's 12K. (4K more than your budget)
(Do you really need two 12" subs? Personally I think two 10" maybe better, unless you are looking for a more SPL install).

I'd read on another thread you're planning to change the HU too? I hope you have set a plan and a budget for your upgrade, else you're in for some big-time confusion soon :-)
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 00:04   #37
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
what would be the best sonic match for my infinity ref9613i rears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Comps: Infinity Ref6010cs (6.5" comps) would be the matching comp. (or 5010cs if you want 5.25" comps). 5.25" will fit your stock locations. 6.5" will need some mods. Sorry, no idea of price. Should be around 8K or 9K.
Correct. Should be a bit more than that.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 04:16   #38
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
clipto,


(Do you really need two 12" subs? Personally I think two 10" maybe better, unless you are looking for a more SPL install).

I'd read on another thread you're planning to change the HU too? I hope you have set a plan and a budget for your upgrade, else you're in for some big-time confusion soon :-)
hi sam,

i need 2 subs definitely 12 inchers i like lost and lots of bass..and about my plan, it is as follows:

i have a pio944...most probably it will drive the subs...i will be replacing my @$$pain amp(un alpine)...the new amp will drive the comps...and the rears if possible...otherwise ill drive the rears through my HU or buy another amp later...and yes my HU got fried so ill have to buy another one but that is not included in this amp comp sub budget...might get a used one for the time being and i dont mind getting a good used pioneer cassette or cd player with sub and 2 preouts cause i only use the cd changer...or i will buy a new HU iff you suggest... and i dont mind parting with my changer ill definitely get a new one later...i somehow dont like the new pio HU wiyh that rotary commander..its irritating cause i already have a pio 7750mp in my indica...the knob keeps popping out...and using that commander while driving can be dangerous..really...earlier models were a delight to use..anyway please suggest a good HU with 3 preouts..2 will also do but nothing les then that..and please tell me something...is that un alpine amp really bad and if yes why? another question...how many channels does a 2 way comp needs...

thanks for your suggestions..ill ask my wife to divert some more funds for my ice...lol..maybe she can bail me out of the budget constrains,,,lol...and i know she will hehe...

thanks a ton

rishabh
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 08:44   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
..ill ask my wife to divert some more funds for my ice...lol..maybe she can bail me out of the budget constrains,,,lol...and i know she will hehe...

You are sure lucky to have such an understanding wife.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 11:48   #40
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi sam,

i want to upgade my ice...navin told me to take advice from you.....

thanks
correction, i meant this only because the interest was in Infinity products. Besides being the "JBL guy" Sam's company also represents Infinty in India.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 11:58   #41
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
i have a pio944...most probably it will drive the subs...i will be replacing my @$$pain amp(un alpine)...the new amp will drive the comps...and the rears if possible...otherwise ill drive the rears through my HU or buy another amp later...and yes my HU got fried so ill have to buy another one but that is not included in this amp comp sub budget...might get a used one for the time being and i dont mind getting a good used pioneer cassette or cd player with sub and 2 preouts cause i only use the cd changer...or i will buy a new HU iff you suggest... and i dont mind parting with my changer ill definitely get a new one later...i somehow dont like the new pio HU wiyh that rotary commander..its irritating cause i already have a pio 7750mp in my indica...the knob keeps popping out...and using that commander while driving can be dangerous..really...earlier models were a delight to use..anyway please suggest a good HU with 3 preouts..2 will also do but nothing les then that..and please tell me something...is that un alpine amp really bad and if yes why? another question...how many channels does a 2 way comp needs...

thanks for your suggestions..ill ask my wife to divert some more funds for my ice...lol..maybe she can bail me out of the budget constrains,,,lol...and i know she will hehe...
Rishabh, I am old. I cant follow "Toolish". Please be kind and add some puncutaion and carriage returns.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Santro - Sub & Amp advice needed jobinjv In-Car Entertainment 17 7th July 2009 14:45
Which one: Dual 8" sub V/s Single 10" sub? Invinsible In-Car Entertainment 53 28th May 2009 13:33
ground zero Sub vs image dynamics Sub rohanGT In-Car Entertainment 105 29th March 2009 05:01
immediate sale amp,tweeter,sub,spkr clipto333 Shifting gears 1 8th February 2007 04:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks