Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 18th April 2007, 11:40   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
There you go! LBM effect.
1 ohm? 900W? Devilish grins? Only thing left is Butter Omelette.
Hmmm.....be very carefull while doing this......I might damage the sub if not tunned properly.......and wait for atlest one week before doing this as it will break the sub properly......
Old 18th April 2007, 11:54   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmmm.....be very carefull while doing this......I might damage the sub if not tunned properly.......and wait for atlest one week before doing this as it will break the sub properly......
I won't be trying it anytime soon. Later, probably when I feel I need some change, I'll try it. And I will be careful with the gains pulled way back before I start.
Old 18th April 2007, 15:49   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Gotcha! Is this what you mean:
Seal all the openings in the door with damping material except the opening for the mid-bass. That way, because the midrange is outside the sealed door, and because the rear-wave of the mid-bass goes into the sealed portion of the door, the mid-bass won't be affected.

Am I right?. If so great, :-) as this is easier to get done. And I think this is what Zuheimi is doing.
Congratulations on a wonderful choice of ICE as well as a beautifully done installation.
Can I request you to explain how you isolated the midrange from the midbass? If you sealed the door after fixing the midbass, how did you fix the midrange? Sorry for my stupidity.
Hoping to get a 3-way component system when there's enough in the piggy-bank.
Old 18th April 2007, 19:20   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Can I request you to explain how you isolated the midrange from the midbass? If you sealed the door after fixing the midbass, how did you fix the midrange?
Thanks

The door was damped completely except for the opening for the midbasses. The angled spacer-like bulge on the door panel for the midrange raises it from the door enough for it to not need the space inside the door (the midrange is quite shallow). So there were no problems in isolating the midrange from the midbass.
Old 29th April 2007, 15:18   #155
BHPian

Sorry to bug you again. I guess custom built door panels are a must, so that the original ones can be put back when the car is being sold minus the ICE. Are they also better than the originals? You've already mentioned the spacer-rings. Are there other differences?
Old 30th April 2007, 00:47   #156
Senior - BHPian

@nura, If you are going for 2-way components, you really don't need to replace the door panels. I needed to change them as I didn't want the original panels to be cut for the midrange. And of course, the MDF panels have a very high resistance to rattles, unlike the stock panels.

Difference-wise, the new panels are 1/2" MDF (vis-a-vis the Original laminated cardboard panels). They (the MDF panels) are screwed tight onto the door, rather than the push-to-snap-in type fasteners that the stock panels use.
Old 30th April 2007, 23:45   #157
BHPian

1/2" MDF seems like a lot thicker than the original cardboard. Is it a tough job getting it to fit into the door? But if it means better sound I am sure it's worth the effort & expense.
Old 1st May 2007, 08:22   #158
Senior - BHPian

True. It is thicker. I was concerned about the same thing when my installer was making the panels for my install. And I guess the extent to which the panels fit flush with the door would vary from car to car. But I guess it would not protrude out more than half its thickness anyway. It will not look bad if you get the edges slanted a bit.

My installer did get the 1/2" MDF flush mounted in my Palio, but he did go to some effort (fit-check-remove-shave off-fit-check...) to get it just right.

I'd personally vote for the MDF panel, as it is sure to work. No flexing or vibrating for bass notes. You'll not need to damp its back to prevent vibration (fr the cardboard panels this is usually required). The only thing is, you'll need to get it screwed really tight onto the doors.

Last edited by hydrashok : 1st May 2007 at 08:33.
Old 1st May 2007, 12:09   #159
BHPian

Crystal clear advice as usual from you, Hydrashok. Thanks once again. I would like to go for the MDF panels. Now to find a good installer in Kolkata. Is Zuheimi planning to visit these parts anytime soon?
Old 1st May 2007, 19:27   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
C... Is Zuheimi planning to visit these parts anytime soon?
Not likely Why don't you try Delhi? I don't know how long the drive will be, but I guess that would be the nearest place with good installers.
Old 1st May 2007, 22:10   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Crystal clear advice as usual from you, Hydrashok. Thanks once again. I would like to go for the MDF panels. Now to find a good installer in Kolkata. Is Zuheimi planning to visit these parts anytime soon?
Try Glix or Wheels. I think they do a decent job with ICE installations. I am planning to get my setup done at Glix (most probably).
And of course, do let us know your feedback.

OT: There is a Kolkata team-bhp google group that was created for T-Bhpians from Kol to interact... why don't you join us? PM me or planet_rocker, and we can help you out.
Old 2nd May 2007, 06:24   #162
Senior - BHPian

hydrashok : Can I get a copy of the CD which Zuhemi uses to test the ICE, if possible ?

I'm urgently in need for that since my cousin bought a set of 7.1 Altec Lansing speakers for his PC and I want to configure that for better SQ ?

Last edited by mithun : 2nd May 2007 at 06:28.
Old 2nd May 2007, 07:53   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
hydrashok : Can I get a copy of the CD which Zuhemi uses to test the ICE, if possible ?
Do you want to get me killed? Even mention of those words is taboo.

His Test CDs are mostly his personal compilations. Though he does have quite a few professional Test CDs, he relies on his own test tracks, mostly.
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:34   #164
BANNED

Don't expect ZUHEMI to share his personal cds. He moves around with those on tow. Yes, about 120 cds always in his handbag.

As for the test cds, one can easily download some tracks from the net. There're plenty of those available online.
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:37   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

by the way,test songs/tracks....if you search right you could find the same here at TBHP.

and why not ride down to zuhmei's and ask for it instead of posting abt it here

going for 1ohm! bless ya!

Last edited by jkdas : 2nd May 2007 at 09:46.
Closed Thread