Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 3rd January 2007, 01:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
a)Belden is a good alternate but Monster (there is fake Monster also around) Interlink Jr. at 1200-1400 per set seems to be a good safe and easily available alternate too. Audison I guess costs more.
Just a small correction here; Connection Audison Interconnects start from Rs 900 for the FT2 500 (which compares with Interlink Jr).
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 01:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Audison Amps. Are they really good....better than Alpine?. Many people told me that Alpine is the best when it comes to Amplifiers. Now I am little confused after seeing other ICE installations in TBHP.
There is no BEST in audio. I could put in front of you 3 different amps of Rs 2 lakh each... Yet, you may only like one of them. I may like the other while Navinji might like the third. So neither of those brands is "the BEST". It depends on whats best for you really...

Re Alpine. I have said this before and I will say it again. The 301 mono you're running is a good amp. Alpine used to make great amps back then. If I were you I wouldnt change to the new ones (605/1005). It would be a degrade rather than an upgrade. If you really want an upgrade look out for the ealier Alpine MRD-M1001. Now thats an amp that can kick ***. Last of the great Alpines...
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 04:44   #18
BHPian

yes.. i would toally agree with what gunbir baba just said.. the alpine 1005 would be a downgrade compared to the Alpine MRD-m1001. Proud owner of the 1001 myself. I died hunting for one and i wont let this one go till it pops.
Powers my 2 IDQ 12 inchers brilliantly. The MRD-M1001 i can vouch for.Definately Kick***
P.s .. if i had found sir's gunbir and Jb and Team-Bhp when i did my install.. i probably would have either a Tru-tech or Audison powering the IDQ subs.. Not that im at all unhappy with the alpine either. Love that Amp too.
Just one more point though, The Mrd-M1001 was selling at 50-55 K when it was available hence that also puts it in a similar price range to the mid range Audisons and Tru Tech amps.The high end amps from these companies run into the Lakhs of ruppes for each amp.
hope this helped
Boom

Last edited by Tool : 3rd January 2007 at 04:53.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote