Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 7th January 2007, 00:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Rags,

a) if it is too much forget about it. I am a DIYer at heart and keep forgeting that not everyone can/will dedicate as much time and energy to DIY audio as I did.

Forgive me if I often digress into DIY. I am always hoping to turn the DIY lights on in someone.
Arrey nahin Navin it's fascinating to read all the stuff you make by yourselves since for a non-technical guy like its like watching miracles happen!!! I said that only because I can never even think about doing the kind of things that you guys regularly do for your love of ICE!

And pray continue with your digressions they are fun to read apart from the technical bit which unfortunately due to my technical abilities I cannot fathom But I'm sure many other learn a lot from it.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2007, 08:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:

Forgive me if I often digress into DIY. I am always hoping to turn the DIY lights on in someone.
Well navin...your Diy efforts in particular did inspire me a lot..No wonder i keep askin you a lot of questions.....but my Mechanical backround holds me back on Extreme Diy..in terms of electronic knowledge...
Well for starters...did make my own speaker install,tunin..etc..some home audio stuff... nd of course made my own rca...using high quality professional mic cables...:-)..
Next on the list...4" components using Co-axail...Did figure out how to remove the tweeter pod..etc..But the prob is designin a XO...Nd all that you just said bout lms,lspcad...went Way above my head.!!!..So the learnin process is still on....
How about a thread in Advice section about DIy??what say navinji??
angelfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2007, 00:31   #18
BANNED

What happened to the guy who was looking for speakers here? Hello, don't worry about the geek stuff going on conversation here.
One day, I dream myself to be doing all these DIYs.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2007, 10:32   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
But the prob is designin a XO...Nd all that you just said bout lms,lspcad...went Way above my head.!!!..So the learnin process is still on....
How about a thread in Advice section about DIy??what say navinji??
1. places like audioasylum and diyaudio cover DIY better than a Auto forum can. TBHP is really an auto forum. I'm told that thanks to a certain long haired blonde the ICE section is one of the busiest. I fear adding to this.

2. You can however always PM me if you have any specific questions. I am not as involved in audio as I was 10 years ago but am always willing to share what little I know.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2007, 17:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
1. places like audioasylum and diyaudio cover DIY better than a Auto forum can. TBHP is really an auto forum. I'm told that thanks to a certain long haired blonde the ICE section is one of the busiest. I fear adding to this.

2. You can however always PM me if you have any specific questions. I am not as involved in audio as I was 10 years ago but am always willing to share what little I know.
Yup..i`ve been browsin those forums...but still long way to go...Got to understand everythin about XO before i get into anythin..Will def pm you sir..

Ok...Now where`s the guy lookin for speakers?????..Helooo
Old 8th January 2007, 20:51   #21

Default Wheres the JVC KD G-320 Guy? :-)

Hi guys - dont worry, I am hanging in there. I expect to get the fitting done this weekend. As advised, I will go in for 4 speakers - JBL GTO ovals at the back and standard Blaupunkt 4 inchers in the front. Just to reduce the post purchase dissonance, I wanted some feedback on the HU - a JVC KD G-320. Crutchfield.com had very good feedback (refer attached link), just thought I'd look around for an Indian perspective. It was purchased for abt US$ 120 in the US.
Crutchfield Advisor - In-dash Receivers - The Great Car Stereo Faceoff: Review of 4 car stereos under $130

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th January 2007 at 21:00.
aithal303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2007, 09:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aithal303 View Post
Hi guys - dont worry, I am hanging in there. I expect to get the fitting done this weekend. As advised, I will go in for 4 speakers - JBL GTO ovals at the back and standard Blaupunkt 4 inchers in the front. Just to reduce the post purchase dissonance, I wanted some feedback on the HU - a JVC KD G-320. Crutchfield.com had very good feedback (refer attached link), just thought I'd look around for an Indian perspective. It was purchased for abt US$ 120 in the US.
Crutchfield Advisor - In-dash Receivers - The Great Car Stereo Faceoff: Review of 4 car stereos under $130
Hi aithal,
Glad you decided to go for 4 speaker system...But would advise you to go for the same brand in the front too...As speakers from different brands have their own uniqueness in sound....The same brand or series would blend in a better way... I assume you are getting your blau speakers for around 1.5-1.7k..In th same range there is the CS series in Jbl..Why dont you give it a listen....And about your feedback regardin the HU..The gurus wil have a better opinion...But they are yet to wake up from their slumber......So just hang on for sometime....
rgrds,
angelfire
Old 9th January 2007, 10:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Sam,....Think Kicker has stopped their 4" comps some time back....

I don't think soo. Maybe you don't get them in Mangalore but The 4" Kicker EX 4.2 components are very much available atleast in Mumbai for around 4.5k. They absolutely sing when counnected to an amp

BTW, the last i checked around 2 weeks back, Blaupunkt also makes 4" Inch components(dunno the model number though) which retail for around 3.5k

MTX also makes 4" inch components which can be had for 11k.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 9th January 2007 at 10:33.
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2007, 22:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I don't think soo. Maybe you don't get them in Mangalore but The 4" Kicker EX 4.2 components are very much available atleast in Mumbai for around 4.5k. They absolutely sing when counnected to an amp

BTW, the last i checked around 2 weeks back, Blaupunkt also makes 4" Inch components(dunno the model number though) which retail for around 3.5k

MTX also makes 4" inch components which can be had for 11k.

Cheers
Well i had tried getting them in mumbai itself through a friend of mine...He said it stopped production of 4" comps by kicker.....Could not contact you that time for the dealer info..ended up buyin the gto 427`s from rediff.....Nd they did fit wel in my Esteem...maybe cause the gto426 nd 427`s differ a bit in bulid..not sure....Do post the shop details prince...it maybe quite helpful as its a pain gettin comps in those size...
Old 12th January 2007, 22:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Well i had tried getting them in mumbai itself through a friend of mine...He said it stopped production of 4" comps by kicker.....Could not contact you that time for the dealer info..ended up buyin the gto 427`s from rediff.....Nd they did fit wel in my Esteem...maybe cause the gto426 nd 427`s differ a bit in bulid..not sure....Do post the shop details prince...it maybe quite helpful as its a pain gettin comps in those size...

Well, i am not sure if i am allowed to post the shop details and stuff. But all i can tell you for now is that they are very much available in Mumbai in most car-accessory shops around Milan Subway. I'll pm you the shop details right away.

Cheers
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2007, 00:26   #26

Hi Guys
Many thanks for the loads of advice. The system sounds awesome (atleast for my non-audiophile ears). I have Blaupunkt BGX 402 4" speakers at the front and JBL GTO 937 ovals at the back. The JBLs sound great though at very high volumes, the Blaupunkts give off slightly distorted sounds (at very high volumes never used by me mind you). The HU looks great and also performs very well with plenty of power (18W RMS X 4). The rear speakers have been mounted on an 18 mm wooden plank with padding and theres no jarring or vibration.
aithal303 is offline   Reply With Quote