Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 21st July 2007, 20:16   #31

i got jbl and about dynamat will it make any difference to my sound if i install dynamat only on front two doors? i am confused as this product is costly i was told 6000/- for front two doors hence i want to be totall sure about its perfomance
sureshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 20:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
actually, i wouldn't mind a good looking HU to liven up the dash (without compromising on the quality of course)

Yup... especially the mp3/wma abilities , and possibly the ipod compatibility. i can live without the latter, but the mp3 thing is important.

now u say that the market is pretty much non-existent for these systems... so that leaves me in the lurch. one of the comments i found consistent from fiesta owners is that while the audio is decent, it won't satisfy someone who is more demanding...

kind of a tricky situation. there are so many fiesta's on the road... i'm sure i'm not the first person to ponder over this. has anyone changed the stock HU?
Relax Razor, you aint alone. I too am a victim of Ford policies. Before buying my 1.6sxi, I tried like hell to convince the showroom for an alternative, moreso because I badly wanted mp3 compatibility. I read the manual a week before buying my car---it mentioned about an aux connection, but after delivery, I found it was a hoax. I know I can drag Ford to court over this, but since I am very happy with the car, I have not.
I disagree that the delivered HU is 'plain Jane'--it looks quite integrated. But I would have surely loved mp3 and and aux port for IPod.
I do agree with you that the cd changer sounds damn good---it is far, far better than that delivered with an sx4.
Looks like all sxi owners are in the same boat ! God help us.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 15:03   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Relax Razor, you aint alone. I too am a victim of Ford policies. Before buying my 1.6sxi, I tried like hell to convince the showroom for an alternative, moreso because I badly wanted mp3 compatibility. I read the manual a week before buying my car---it mentioned about an aux connection, but after delivery, I found it was a hoax. I know I can drag Ford to court over this, but since I am very happy with the car, I have not.
hi,

can you really drag for to court over this? i think they have written "specifications are subject to change without prior notice" if im not wrong. if its not written, maybe you could then. correct me if im wrong guys.

i mean no offence :-)

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 17:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi,

can you really drag for to court over this? i think they have written "specifications are subject to change without prior notice" if im not wrong. if its not written, maybe you could then. correct me if im wrong guys.

i mean no offence :-)

cheers
clip
Let them show a single car where the specs were complied with---only then they can escape!
Old 22nd July 2007, 23:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshp View Post
i got jbl and about dynamat will it make any difference to my sound if i install dynamat only on front two doors? i am confused as this product is costly i was told 6000/- for front two doors hence i want to be totall sure about its perfomance
Dynamat is one of the more expensive (and good) brands, and the cost quoted to you would be a package deal. Even then, it seems to be a tall price for front-doors-only.

Damping is definitely required if you have an amp. If you don't listen to music at high volumes, however, you may not immediately require damping as your car is new. Maybe you could see for a few months how it sounds without damping. As soon as you hear noises that disturb your normal listening, it would be time for damping. Quite likely you would have felt the need for amp by then anyhow!

There are other, more economical, brands available in the market: Wurth, American Dynamics, etc. Read this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...g-product.html

Any TBHPian from Pune recommend a VFM damping deal in Pune?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 00:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

wurth is worth the money. I myself is using it. you can source it from bombay.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 14:54   #37
BHPian

can you please specify from where in Bombay ???
adheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 15:39   #38
Team-BHP Support

adheesh, Viper uses Wurth. Maybe you can PM him.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 18:39   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Wόrth Group
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 20:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
sorry is this is a bit OT, but i had a query about the OE HU that comes with the fiesta 1.6 sxi. quite frankly, its not that great. looks pretty plain jane, has no mp3/wma compatibilty and no aux out port. the only saving grace is the 6 CD in-dash changer.
now ford won't sell the car without this, and refuse to buy it back from the customer. so, is there any demand for these units in the after-market? i know the system sounds pretty good so there has to be some merit to it. not sure what brand it is.. wasnt written on the unit.
any suggestions on what i can do?
demand is right here. pm me your quote.

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 07:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
I am considering upgrading the stock music system of our Fiesta 1.4 ZXi if my father allows.
What would you guys recommend?
I want good bass which can be felt at both low and high volumes.
The HU should be a MP3 unit and if there is an AUX port, that would be helpful.
Budget is 20K - 25K. Would love a Sub and Amp.
Thanks!
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 09:42   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The HU should be a MP3 unit and if there is an AUX port, that would be helpful.
Budget is 20K - 25K. Would love a Sub and Amp.
at 25K you can either have the sub or the aux/usb port.

HU: 9K (with USB in)
Amp: 7K
2 component and 2 coax speakers: 9K

or

HU: 6K basic Pio or Blau or JVC
Amp: 7K
4 coax speakers: 7K
Sub with box: 5K
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 17:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Can't we just change the HU in the Fiesta 1.6? Will it affect the sound quality? I am quite happy with the existing sound, so it may make sense to just change the HU, while retaining the speakers and other units---not sure if there is an amp delivered.
Old 26th October 2007, 22:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

@navin,
I am even open to the idea of retaining the HU and getting a sub, amp and speakers.
If i get 2 Comps and 2 Co-axs, which ones would you suggest and what would the order we should install them in? Which ones in the front and which in the back?
And what speakers would you suggest? I guess subs in the budget would be GT4 or GT5 sub ny JBL and amp by?
I will be waiting till December/Jan so if there are any new products coming up I can look at those as well.

Last edited by lamborghini : 26th October 2007 at 22:30.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 22:12   #45

does the dealer fitted kenwood on 1.4 Zxi plays MP3 format? or just plain audio CD only?
attakasa_paiyan is offline   Reply With Quote