Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 13:58   #61
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 457
Thanked: 120 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
5.25" speakers can be installed in the stock locations of the Fiesta.
But i want only 6.5" comps up front. What are the options to have it installed?? which is the best (and neat) option? spacer rings or adapters or anything else??
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:00   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
But i want only 6.5" comps up front. What are the options to have it installed?? which is the best (and neat) option? spacer rings or adapters or anything else??
I think a little of the door metal will have to be cut for that. But why only 6.5"? Good 5.25s can do quite well too.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:09   #63
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 457
Thanked: 120 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I think a little of the door metal will have to be cut for that. But why only 6.5"? Good 5.25s can do quite well too.
I had the electra 6.5's in my mind. really liked them. Cutting the door panels is ok with me. But cutting metal . No way!
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:13   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
I had the electra 6.5's in my mind. really liked them. Cutting the door panels is ok with me. But cutting metal . No way!
The Electra 5.25s are equally good.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:21   #65
BHPian
 
swale84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 459
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I think a little of the door metal will have to be cut for that. But why only 6.5"? Good 5.25s can do quite well too.
Ajay, won't something like what we did in my Ikon be possible? Just cut the door trim to let the MDF ring sit within the dor and have the rest protruding into the passenger compartment?

Overall finish was pretty neat and the tweeter can be flush mounted.
swale84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:26   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Ajay, won't something like what we did in my Ikon be possible? Just cut the door trim to let the MDF ring sit within the dor and have the rest protruding into the passenger compartment?
Stock speaker location in the Fiesta is not on the lower side of the door. Its high up, and would look very ugly there besides being quite difficult to implement. Not worth the effort when you can use an equally potent 5.25" speaker set and retain stock look.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:34   #67
BHPian
 
swale84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 459
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Stock speaker location in the Fiesta is not on the lower side of the door. Its high up, and would look very ugly there besides being quite difficult to implement. Not worth the effort when you can use an equally potent 5.25" speaker set and retain stock look.
Alright, wasn't aware of the stock location on the Fiesta. Yup, that solutionwould only work if the speaker was to be mounted at one of the extreme corners of the door.

I'm pretty sure the 5.25"electra's will be potent enough, judging be the way those 6.5"'s sound :-)
swale84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:44   #68
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 457
Thanked: 120 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Stock speaker location in the Fiesta is not on the lower side of the door. Its high up, and would look very ugly there besides being quite difficult to implement. Not worth the effort when you can use an equally potent 5.25" speaker set and retain stock look.
Yeah I agree. the stock mount locations are higher in the doors. So which will be better? the 5.25" or the 5x7" jbl compos as someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

Edit: the jbl 5x7's are not comps. So that leaves me with the 5.25" comps. B&T any idea how much the electra 5.1 costs with bill & warranty?? Do i still have to use spacers to fit the 5.25's??

Last edited by praveen_v : 26th March 2008 at 14:52.
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:53   #69
BHPian
 
dhaval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 404
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
why not just a speaker upgrade? Maybe add an amp & sub?
Thanks suhail for the suggestion, but I think that the speaker upgrade will only show more better results if the HUs upgraded aswell, may be. May be Ajay can put a light on this.
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 15:46   #70
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,625
Thanked: 6,149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
May be Ajay can put a light on this.
Sorry Dhaval, Ajay deals in Car Audio equipment. I don't think he has yet launched lighting products yet. Once he does he can put some light on this. Till then you will have to do with your own torch.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 15:51   #71
BHPian
 
dhaval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 404
Thanked: Once
Default

my post was in the light of this: quoted below

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
but I think that the speaker upgrade will only show more better results if the HUs upgraded aswell, may be. May be Ajay can put a light on this.
Ok you help me with the above
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 15:53   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
B&T any idea how much the electra 5.1 costs with bill & warranty??
6k. Its not an idea, I'm dead sure that is the correct price. Well mostly because it was my idea to keep it at that price. So yes, an idea it is I guess.

A 5x7 to 5.25" adapter will be required, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Thanks suhail for the suggestion, but I think that the speaker upgrade will only show more better results if the HUs upgraded aswell, may be. May be Ajay can put a light on this.
Yes, changing the head unit would be good.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 18:02   #73
BHPian
 
vikram18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 615
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

Yes, changing the head unit would be good.
Changing Dhaval's Head Unit is not just a good idea, it's an immediate requirement! . Light just shines through; nothing stays inside

If cutting can be avoided, it should. If Ajay says the 5.25s are as good, I'd certainly take his word for it.

Last edited by vikram18 : 26th March 2008 at 18:05.
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 23:00   #74
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 457
Thanked: 120 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
6k. Its not an idea, I'm dead sure that is the correct price. Well mostly because it was my idea to keep it at that price. So yes, an idea it is I guess.
6K for 5.1?? I thought the 6.1 came for that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
If cutting can be avoided, it should. If Ajay says the 5.25s are as good, I'd certainly take his word for it.
Yeah, I have taken his word
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 00:40   #75
BHPian
 
vikram18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 615
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
6K for 5.1?? I thought the 6.1 came for that price.
Daam bade aur darshan chote
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta Sugeeta Long-Term Ownership Reviews 60 29th September 2015 12:18
Memphis Car Audio - ICE in Ford Fiesta 1.6S 1.6s In-Car Entertainment 20 17th March 2011 14:24
Ford Fiesta 1.4D ZXi Ownership Woes. EDIT : REPLACEMENT FIESTA. Pics on Pg. 5 Mad Monkey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 105 3rd March 2010 15:26
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:03.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks