Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2007, 04:46   #1
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default need advice on a major ice install in tata safari...

hi,

a friend of mine is planning to install a good ice system in his new tata safari...his budget is aroun 1.5L...he will definitely get ripped of in our city...so all you ice pros please suggest how to go about it...good bass and sq is what he is looking for...and no dvd HU...

thanks in advance
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 09:42   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Ahhhh... *rubbing hands in glee*. 1.5L and no video stuff. Goooooood!

HU: A good SQ HU (Clarion/Alpine/Kenwood/Blaupunkt): 20,000/-
Front speakers: HSK165 (6.5" 2-way components): 15,300/-
Rear Speakers: HCX165 (6.5" 2-way co-axials): 12,000/- (approx - not sure).
Subs: 2 x IDQ12" DVC: 24,000/- (approx - not sure)
Sub box (sealed, partitioned, braced, damped & lined): 2,500/-
Speaker Amp: Audison LRx4 (65w RMS x 4): 35,000/-
Sub amp: Audison SRx2S (180w RMS x 2 @ 4ohms -- wire at 2 ohms for about 300w per channel): 28,000/-
Power Wiring: Audison 4G kit + Accessories + additional wire where needed: 12,000/-
RCA Interconnects: FT2-600, 3 sets: 3000/-
Damping & install: 15,000/-

TOTAL = 1,66,800/- = 1,67,000/- (This is on MRP. He should get at least an 8K discount on the total, making it 1,59,000/-)

I've overshot a bit, but not much. If he can, an Audison LRx2.500 amp for the subs (36,000/-) instead of the SRx2S would be a good idea. He may be able to save a little on the HU (but just a little), depending on the specific choice.

Driving to Delhi for the job will be a very good idea.

Make sure you let us know what your friend ultimately finalises on, will ya? And Pics too :-)
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 10:40   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Clipto follow this thread....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...stock-ice.html (Skoda Laura's stock ICE)

I'd consider audition atleast 4 brands before deciding for example...
HU: Clarion, Alpine, Pioneer and Kenwood
Amps: Audison, Alpine, Audiobahn, JBL
Speaker/Subs: Hertz, Alpine, Infinity, Morel

There are many many other brands but these just came to mind.

I'd also reserve 15% of the budget for wires, damping and install.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 10:43   #4
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The Hertz Hi Energy HCX165 coaxials are for Rs. 8900.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 10:59   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Clipto, I forgot speaker wires: About 4000/-

So we add 4000/- and reduce the difference in the HCX coaxials: new total = 1,60,000/- (pls refer to post #2).
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 12:11   #6
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Hydra,

I know you love Hertz but there are other brands out there too.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 13:25   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Hydra, I know you love Hertz but there are other brands out there too.
Yes, Navin; Point taken
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 13:44   #8
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Hydra,

I know you love Hertz but there are other brands out there too.
Navin, though Hydra has taken the point but I think Hertz is his personal preference. He liked them, thats why he has them in his car and suggesting others on this forum.

As far as the other brands are concerned there are more than 10000 members on this forum who can suggest anyone of them and post their personal opinions, I don't think there should be any kind of objection on expressing one's personal preference on this forum.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 14:32   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
... I think Hertz is his personal preference. He liked them, thats why he has them in his car and suggesting others on this forum.
Yep. If it were my 1.5 lakh, this is exactly how I would spend it.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 19:18   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Navin, though Hydra has taken the point but I think Hertz is his personal preference. He liked them, thats why he has them in his car and suggesting others on this forum.

As far as the other brands are concerned there are more than 10000 members on this forum who can suggest anyone of them and post their personal opinions, I don't think there should be any kind of objection on expressing one's personal preference on this forum.
JB, I know you love Hertz but there are other brands out there too
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 19:33   #11
BHPian
 
ScarySkulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Halifax, N.S.
Posts: 623
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi,

a friend of mine is planning to install a good ice system in his new tata safari...his budget is aroun 1.5L...he will definitely get ripped of in our city...so all you ice pros please suggest how to go about it...good bass and sq is what he is looking for...and no dvd HU...

thanks in advance
how good are the installers there in jalandhar?
How bout a drive down to Ludhiana or better still, chandigarh?

and ofcourse there's nothing better than delhi to the BBW... (smile)

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 13th January 2007 at 19:35.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 01:32   #12
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
how good are the installers there in jalandhar?
How bout a drive down to Ludhiana or better still, chandigarh?

and ofcourse there's nothing better than delhi to the BBW... (smile)
installers in jalandhar??? oh we can call them butchers..hehe...lud chd del not a prob...

thanks guys for your advice
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 11:40   #13
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,953
Thanked: 15,640 Times
Default

Don't go to ludhiana.
For small installs upto 30K ldh is fine, but for your kind of budget go for a Chandigarh based installer. You will have to rely on lot of local feedback to find the right one.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 19:28   #14
BHPian
 
rsjaurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Batala
Posts: 775
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

I agree with tanveer.
Clipto i have seen all that myself when i was looking for good installer in punjab.many installer would be able to fit all the stuff in ur car but none can really install and then tune it the way it is recommended here.LDH guys dont even now how to stich car seat cover and dont even expect them u installsuch high class stuff in ur car.They all have stacked up chinese amp kits,sony explode subs and fake alpine amps etc.
Just go to any shop and talk about SQ,gain settings,front sound stage,sound imaging etc and u will know what i am talking about!!!

Just one guy at phagwara [auto-planet] seemed good to me that too i talked to him on phone and his brother raju is the owner of shop.Rajat[scaryskulls] recommended him to me but i just could not go to him for some reasons.

Now u got 1.5lac which is huge amount of money so best for u is put that mony in ur pocket and head straight to delhi and meet JB and gunbir there.They r nice guys and tell them i have recommended them to u.
They will help u out more than ur expectations.

Now do what what i said as i hate amp falling off from seat when u have spent not just some money but some sleepness nights as well.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 20:15   #15
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
LDH guys dont even now how to stich car seat cover and dont even expect them u installsuch high class stuff in ur car.They all have stacked up chinese amp kits,sony explode subs and fake alpine amps etc.
Just go to any shop and talk about SQ,gain settings,front sound stage,sound imaging etc and u will know what i am talking about!!!

Just one guy at phagwara [auto-planet] seemed good to me that too i talked to him on phone and his brother raju is the owner of shop.Rajat[scaryskulls] recommended him to me but i just could not go to him for some reasons.
i agree with you no one knows how to install the ice system the way it is meant to be. they only know 1 thing, bass and alot of bass. i asked the best installer (butcher) here, dont remember what he said. he will give all the details on paper, trust me you will laugh your @$$ off. i think i remember a few thing he said. so here are the details.

1.) 3 premier 12" 3000w peak power dvc sub

2.) 2 pairs pio ts 20 tweets

3.) compos

4) 6x9 co-ax 2 pairs i guess more than that

that is what i remember. so you get the picture. right?

And that guy in phagwara, i think i know him. if im not wrong, long time back i got my ice system installed by him. at that time auto planet didnt exist. he did a godd job. IMO leave aside chd, he is the best guy in punjab if he is the same guy.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Playstation 3 install in a Tata Safari? Shantanu1970 In-Car Entertainment 11 13th June 2015 21:27
Tata Safari Storme gets Helix'd - My ICE Install lazybrain In-Car Entertainment 5 14th June 2014 10:31
Tata Safari 2.2 Vtt Quartz Black: Aka "The Truck". Now with Racedynamics install Born 2 Be Wild Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 58 11th April 2014 15:15
Need Advice: New Safari 2.2 LX VTT or Safari 2008 3.0 Top Model? alexnazim SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 150 1st December 2009 11:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks