Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 6th December 2007, 03:40   #16
BHPian

Default write on dvds. they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Dear Sumanji!

Thank you for the detailed clarification. I now can save myself the trouble to write my music MP3s on DVD-Rs and need to ensure that I write them on CD-Rs only. Saved me a lot of frustration.

I will not be driving to Shillong! I am from Shillong. I plan to drive up to Dibrugarh via Kaziranga. Decided to do it directly from the showroom. Could not have asked for a better adventurous drive.

This is my first diesel vehicle and the first ever with ABS and EBD. I was reading elsewhere on this forum that we need to get used to ABS before relying on it. Is it a fact?

Do I need to carry any spares before embarking on the journey? Any suggestions?

Lots of questions but I am too excited.

Thanks in advance
Sumit Bajoria
Hi Suman. You can go ahead and write audio files on dvds. the dvd unit will be able to play audio files burned on a dvd. besides you will be able to store many more songs on a dvd disc. also, this will save you the trouble of burning multiple cd discs to accomodate your audio files. a 2.1 gb dvd disc will store 4 times the number of audio files that is stored on a cd. i would suggest mp3 format for the audio files.
shaheenazk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 11:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi shaheen. I think Suman sorted out the issue 10 months ago. You've just revived a very old thread.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 01:54   #18
BHPian

May be you are right but that was not my intention. i was just going through various threads and this caught my attention. i wrote this for the benefit of others too who think that a dvd player can only read dvd movies and not dvd audio files. Just tried to clear a misconception. :-)
Old 7th December 2007, 02:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
Hi Suman. You can go ahead and write audio files on dvds. the dvd unit will be able to play audio files burned on a dvd. besides you will be able to store many more songs on a dvd disc. also, this will save you the trouble of burning multiple cd discs to accomodate your audio files. a 2.1 gb dvd disc will store 4 times the number of audio files that is stored on a cd. i would suggest mp3 format for the audio files.
Quote:
May be you are right but that was not my intention. i was just going through various threads and this caught my attention. i wrote this for the benefit of others too who think that a dvd player can only read dvd movies and not dvd audio files. Just tried to clear a misconception. :-)
Shaheen, to play MP3 files on a DVD, the HU needs to support Giga-MP3. And not all DVD HUs do it.

Your concern for other members' benefit is very much appreciated.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 09:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is OT but what exactly gave you the impression that I had a misconception about it in the first place? Did I mention anywhere that the unit couldn't play audio files burned on a DVD?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 02:52   #21
BHPian

Default its not you sumanji

hello sumanji. you do not have the misconception but SUMANB does. i wanted to clear the misconception for users like SUMANB and others and certainly not you. :-)