Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 26th March 2007, 18:20   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post

Sure I would love that you audition my car...there is a meet thread going on in the meet section hope to see you here in delhi as our cheap guest.....

The install of your car is done at Driven`s ......I think he is the best person to comment on this.....BTW were you not there when the install was done....
lets see if i ca come and be the cheap guest. lol

yes its done at driven's and i was there throughout the install. i was told that it was dynamat. hope manik clears this out.

paaji i want a mono so that i can use the 944 to bi-amp my comps.
by the way whats the difference between esk165 and 165s
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 00:43   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
yes its done at driven's and i was there throughout the install. i was told that it was dynamat. hope manik clears this out.

Rishab, I doubt you were told its Dynamat. Driven possibly told you its like Dynamat, which may be the cause of confusion. That said, it works like Dynamat Extreme, has a similar composition but its a shade better as its more adhesive (it sticks like anything: one wrong move and its stuck forever).

And, its cheaper. A 36 sq ft bulk pack of Dynamat Extreme costs $250 retail, and sells here for around 10k. Compare this to what you paid for a slightly better product in my opinion (at worst some call it equivalent of Dynamat Extreme): Rs 1900 per sq mtr. If you were to buy 36 sq ft of this stuff it would cost you Rs 6355. Which of course is cheaper than the Dynamat Extreme.

As for the ESK165 and ESK165S difference. They are both the same set except for one difference: the midbass. The former is based on the EV165 midbass while the latter is based on the EV165S midbass. The EV165S midbass is a shallow version of the EV165 with a mounting depth of 57mm against 65mm in the regular version. The ESK165S is not available in India.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 11:59   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
paaji i want a mono so that i can use the 944 to bi-amp my comps.
which mono have you short listen then......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 16:38   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Rishab, I doubt you were told its Dynamat. Driven possibly told you its like Dynamat, which may be the cause of confusion. That said, it works like Dynamat Extreme, has a similar composition but its a shade better as its more adhesive (it sticks like anything: one wrong move and its stuck forever).

And, its cheaper. A 36 sq ft bulk pack of Dynamat Extreme costs $250 retail, and sells here for around 10k. Compare this to what you paid for a slightly better product in my opinion (at worst some call it equivalent of Dynamat Extreme): Rs 1900 per sq mtr. If you were to buy 36 sq ft of this stuff it would cost you Rs 6355. Which of course is cheaper than the Dynamat Extreme.

As for the ESK165 and ESK165S difference. They are both the same set except for one difference: the midbass. The former is based on the EV165 midbass while the latter is based on the EV165S midbass. The EV165S midbass is a shallow version of the EV165 with a mounting depth of 57mm against 65mm in the regular version. The ESK165S is not available in India.
hi gunman,

sorry i didnt read your post. i forgot to write "think". it should have been "i think i was told its dynamat". gunman it doesnt make a difference to me if its dyna or aaudiocomp asa long as they perform well.

well its my mistake and iam really sorry for it. ill be more careful in future. i created the confusion. just wanted to clear my confusion. didnt want to hurt anyones reputation.

trust me, im really happy with the install and the stuff i got. sorry once again manik and gunman. it was a pleasant experience and it still is a pleasant experience.

cheers

clip.
Old 28th April 2007, 21:34   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
That said, it works like Dynamat Extreme, has a similar composition but its a shade better as its more adhesive (it sticks like anything: one wrong move and its stuck forever).
Gunbir, does damping material stick to freshly greased doors? That's what my mechanic advised me to put after the anti-rust stuff failed!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...9333-underbody
-treatment-coating-car-2.html#post420602
This is the 1st time I'm trying to provide a link so Entschuldigung if I've messed it up.
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 09:41   #66
BHPian

No it will not. Before applying any sort of damping material make sure that the surface is absolutely cleaned free from dust and grease. Clean it with petrol and apply damping material after drying.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007, 23:39   #67
BHPian

Aye Clip. Just get yourself a D510 yaar.
Pumps subs really well. I will show you when you make it to Ludhiana this Sunday.
Costs around 9k w/o B&W
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 20:27   #68
BHPian

What would be the best subs to go with the Pioneer D510. I had these in India and am planning to get it here to UK through one friend. So can anyone suggest the best sub with the box to match this.
kiran1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 22:50   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103 View Post
What would be the best subs to go with the Pioneer D510. I had these in India and am planning to get it here to UK through one friend. So can anyone suggest the best sub with the box to match this.
hi,

this amp can pump 600w cont into a 2 ohm load so you should get a dvc. a dual 4 ohm wired in parallel will be the best option.

let us know what type of music you listen to and other details like budget, if you are ready to sacrifice boot space etc. that would help the gurus in advising you.

cheers
clip
Old 1st January 2008, 23:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi,

this amp can pump 600w cont into a 2 ohm load so you should get a dvc. a dual 4 ohm wired in parallel will be the best option.

let us know what type of music you listen to and other details like budget, if you are ready to sacrifice boot space etc. that would help the gurus in advising you.

cheers
clip

I think it is 500 watts not 600. Correct me If I am wrong.

Also like clip asked budget and music.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 2nd January 2008 at 00:01.
Old 2nd January 2008, 00:23   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think it is 500 watts not 600. Correct me If I am wrong.

Also like clip asked budget and music.
See I told you it was 500 rms.

Old 2nd January 2008, 11:46   #72
BHPian

Actually its an Merc A class, so you can imagine the boot space, but I can sacrifice it as it will be a detachable one (i.e keep the box at home, if I require the space). and I usually listen to Hip Hop types with good bass. I was almost on the verge of taking the GTO 75.4 for driving the fronts and rear, but the installers here are very time concious and told me to come some other day, (I guess these guys are not interested in making money). With that I decided I will wait for 1 more month so that when my friend is coming here, I can get the D510 and X374 amps and the Pioneer DEH-7800 HU. These all are lying at my house gathering dust. My parents wont use such things in any case. So apart from these I am ready to shell out good money on sub woofers which would match the D510. My budget can go upto 10 to 15k INR. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 3rd January 2008, 22:32   #73
BHPian

Also in continuation to my earlier post, the JBL GTO 75.4 is available here with B and W for 8000 INR approx. Is it better to take it than getting the Pioneer X374 which I have already. Just trying to reduce the luggage from India. heheh. If its not of much difference, I wont invest it here.
Old 4th January 2008, 04:14   #74
BHPian

if i were you, i would get a hertz 15" dual 4 ohm sub. dont know if an energy 15" dvc is there. or try ground zero. quite a few people are using it here and its reviews are good.

if you can stretch your budget a little(thats what we are here for. we wont let you get away so easily. you need to go above your budget) little as in 2k, you can get an idq 15". IMHO its worth every quarter anna. it has excellent detail, its fast, accurate, can go really low and loud and is really a down to earth guy.

you will never regret buying the idq pm gunbir for info on idq and hertz. for gz, pm b&t.
Old 4th January 2008, 08:39   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Also in continuation to my earlier post, the JBL GTO 75.4 is available here with B and W for 8000 INR approx. Is it better to take it than getting the Pioneer X374 which I have already. Just trying to reduce the luggage from India. heheh. If its not of much difference, I wont invest it here.
The GTO75.4 with B&W is a highway robbery at that price.
But it will run only 4ohm bridged for your sub @284WRMS rated power which is not too bad if you ask me personally. A good quality Sub and 75.4 will make enough thumping for a compact car like the A class.

What are the other options your installers give you in your budget?

My above statements are assuming you DO NOT want to overshoot your budget. Do browse the forums though. Lets see how much time you can stick to your budget

Quote:
Is it better to take it than getting the Pioneer X374 which I have already.
I think it is (since so much more power at 8k price)

Why dont you buy from US only though? (assuming you live there.)

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 4th January 2008 at 08:46.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote