Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2008, 10:49   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
My Fiesta has the OE integrated HU with the 6-cd in dash changer. Is there any way I can get this to play mp3 CDs and/or audio cassettes without having to replace the HU? I don't mind installing a second 1-DIN HU in a discreet location (is there any) that somehow acts as a source for the existing OE integrated HU. But is this even possible?
cassettes no! why?
Mp3 CDs well the easiest way is to hide a VCD/DVD/MP3 changer in the trunk and run it via the FM mod. No wires save a power wire for the changer. Cheap too around 5K.
Old 8th September 2008, 13:20   #17
BHPian

Navin, its actually my mom's car that she's left with me for a couple of months. I wanted to give it back to her with a functioning cassette player in it. Most of her music is on cassettes which have been painstakingly recorded and frequently passed around between her friends and sisters for years. They are labled "happy", "sad", "very sad", "sad old" etc etc. I would die if I had to listen to any of them, but they do indeed help her achieve her target emotions.

A couple of the "auntys" have become more sophisticated these days and make their children/grandchildren compile their favorite recordings onto mp3 cds. Alas these too do not play in the Fiesta.
Old 13th September 2008, 12:31   #18
BHPian

Have you or anyone here tried changing the OE HU on your fiesta, I'm thinking of replacing mine, will a after market double din be a direct fit?? What modifications would be required

Please can someone advice
Old 15th October 2008, 21:43   #19
BHPian

Sathee, did you manage to change your OE HU as yet? And did you find the appropriate adapter?
Old 15th October 2008, 22:14   #20
BHPian

A HU can be installed but you will even require a fascia plate like this one-
Attached Thumbnails
Fiesta OE HU!-1.jpg  

Fiesta OE HU!-2.jpg  

Old 16th October 2008, 09:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Sathee, did you manage to change your OE HU as yet? And did you find the appropriate adapter?

Yes, I have changed it to the AVX 800, I had to get a custom made fascia done for fitting the new one. It costed me 800 Rs, there is a picture of it in my garage
Old 16th October 2008, 11:41   #22
BHPian

There are some wireless transmittors by Belkin, which are pretty decent. Rather than try to muck up your existing setup, and void the warranty, it would be better to go in for something like this. They way I see it, these days car manufacturers and dealers use the smallest of excuses to kill your warranty. They may use this as an excuse to disclaim warranty on the whole electricals of the car.
Old 16th October 2008, 14:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
There are some wireless transmittors by Belkin, which are pretty decent.
It's a good option, but one thing with the wireless transmitters that I noticed is the drop in sound quality.
Old 20th April 2009, 19:18   #24
BHPian

Aux for Original HU on Ford Fiesta

I have a 6CD original HU on my Ford Fiesta SXi. I like this system, it sounds good and looks neat. The only gripe was it does not come with Aux nor is MP3 compatible. I was happy when I saw the Aux button in the HU, however my happiness was shortlived as the dealer mentioned that it would cost me Rs 1800 for the adaptor. I don't mind paying for it, but I felt it was a lot of money for a small piece of wire

I did a search on this thread and found that other users had the same problem. However I did a google search and found that it is quite cheap( around 6 to 7 pounds) to get the cable and fix it. Unfortunately Ford is not helping me in this, I had written an email to them and they came back mentioning, that this option is not available on my variant and I would void the warranty if I installed one.
I was completely surprised by this reply as I had bought the top end version and when was installing an Aux cable considered as modification.

Anyway I would like to know if anyone has installed an Aux on OE HU and how does it sound.

Below is the extract of the email that I received from Ford

Dear Mr.
Thanks for your mail.Appreciate the time you have taken to write to us regarding your vehicle.We wish to inform you that the features mentioned in the owner's manual are generic and the manual is common for all variants,the vehicle variant that you had purchased does not have this particular facility.
All specifications and descriptions are accurate at the time of printing.Because improvement is a constant goal at Ford,we reserve the right to make changes in specifications at any time without notice and without obligation.
Please be aware that this manual applies to all models,equipment and options.As a result,you may find some explanations for equipment not installed in your vehicle.
Also We regret to inform you that we do not advise any modification or fitment of nonford approved accessories,under these circumstances the warranty becomes null and void.We hope this provides clarification on your concern.Request your understanding on this.
Thanks & Regards,
Anitha,

Extract of my email to ford

Hello Sir,

My car has an inbuilt 6 cd changer audio system(No MP3) with AUX provision. Thanks to my NY experience, I have become very conscious about the environment and try to be as eco friendly as possible. Hence I wanted to avoid using CD's and use my favorite Ipod.The user manual for the audio system mentions about the AUX provision, however to my surprise the AUX was not available. When I checked with the service center they mentioned that it would cost me close to Rs 2000 for the aux cable and fixing charges. I was surprised by the price quote for this simple cable and fixing charges. When I did some more investigation( thanks to google), fixing the aux cable is a very simple process and does not take more than 20 minutes. The cable(which is being sold in UK) does not cost more than 7 pounds. To enhance customer service, it would be great if Ford could provide such small/simple accessories free/or at a subsidized cost. Trust me, such small gestures generate a great amount of goodwill and customer satisfaction.
If you feel that Rs 2000 is a reasonable charge for a small cable, I will pay for it. However I may not be in the happy camp. (2009 models are coming with inbuilt MP3 and Aux provisions.) I hope to hear back from you and wish to be a happy camper after seeing your response.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:26   #25
BHPian

have you tried asking a local dealer for the same thing? also if it is available it should not be much of a hassle to yank out the head and check atleast with the pic online if veg cable you are talking about is compatible. or if you have the manual you can check for the related pins of left right and ground. its not that hard.
Old 24th April 2009, 10:17   #26
BHPian

I did check with a couple of stores in Chennai(Radio Ware House, Car Boutique) and none of them had it. The other problem with the original HU, is you need keys to remove the HU. I have also checked the manual and it does not mention abou the pins. I will try to see if anyone has the keys and may be post a snap of the back of the HU with the Pin for the Aux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
have you tried asking a local dealer for the same thing? also if it is available it should not be much of a hassle to yank out the head and check atleast with the pic online if veg cable you are talking about is compatible. or if you have the manual you can check for the related pins of left right and ground. its not that hard.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:40   #27
BHPian

Well, here is my latest update, I got hold of a guy at the service center and he mentioned that they have the custom aux cable for the Fiesta HU. I told him that I did not want him to cut any wires and he promised that he would not touch the original wiring.

He arrives at my home and shows me the pin, I was shocked to see it and the amount he was charging for the same. One end of the wire was our normal aux jack that we use for our MP3 players and the other end had two wires that had metal inserts. Apparently there is a provision in the HU and he would plug these inserts into the HU.

It was fine, I liked the concept as he was not cutting any of the wires and making a mess of the original cables. However I felt the charges were way too much for such a simple cable. Rs 1800 for cable and installation. Installation process does not take more than 20 minutes.

Unfortunately these inserts can be procured only from Ford and they do not sell these. I have taken a picture of the wires and will post the same.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:47   #28
BHPian

I have a Two din OE HU in my Fiesta S. It has an Aux port but when I plugged in my sony Mp3 player the quality was so terrible I dont use the aux port any more.(may the cable was not good enough or some thing but still)

I have never checked if it is a six CD changer. Its a Nov 2008 model, any one sure if it has a Six cd changer or just a single CD player.

IF I want to retain the HU and change the rear speakers to something that can play Iron maiden deep purple kind of music around 10 K for two 6X9'' speakers, what are my best options.

I do have a liking for JBL/pioneer and a dislike towards Sony.

Last edited by marlinspike : 8th May 2009 at 10:50. Reason: more info
Old 8th May 2009, 19:01   #29
BHPian

The OE HU of fiesta 1.6S is a single CD player with MP3 capability, The AUX-IN is a piece of crap i should say. Why not try the JBL power series 6X9
Old 11th May 2009, 10:04   #30
BHPian

I was talking to a colleague who has a baleno with intake headers, K&N filter and exhaust manifolds modified(and he drives like a maniac,says he does only when he feels its safe!).
He has changed to mutant front speakers and tweeter said it cost him 8K+.
He suggested nakamichi or mutant and not to go in for the run of the mill JBLs.
His music system sounded really good. I'm looking up other threads and the web to get more info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks