Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 22nd February 2007, 12:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Question Fiesta OE HU!

Guys,
a friend's just got a fiesta diesel with ABS delivered.
It comes with the 6 CD in-dash 2DIN player.He wants to connect an IPOD/MP3 player.
Does it have an AUX port??
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2007, 22:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

i dont think it has, nitrous.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2007, 23:33   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Nope, I don't think it has an aux in either. Maybe you'll have to use an FM modulator thing.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 16:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

In that case,which brand of FM modulator is the best??
Sam, Does JBL have one??
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 17:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Not worth considering & i am pretty sure JBL is not into that.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 18:13   #6
BHPian

I heard there is Wireless FM modulators too. just check if those are avialable in indian market.

that would be gr8 if u can get.....
alexrabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 21:12   #7
Team-BHP Support

It must have some type of aux-in like to an external cd changer. If it does then you can just solder a cable to fix to the back of the HU and the other end to RCA.

If you search there is a diy thread which shows how to do this for a pioneer.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2007, 00:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It must have some type of aux-in like to an external cd changer. If it does then you can just solder a cable to fix to the back of the HU and the other end to RCA.

If you search there is a diy thread which shows how to do this for a pioneer.
hi,

Nitrous is talking about the fiesta oem 6cd double din HU not pioneer. i have a fiesta with a single din single cd player as oem. It does'nt have a cd changer control. IMO the 6cd HU will not have a cd changer control as the changer is built into the HU if im not wrong.

The only choice he has is an F.M. Modulator. IMO the FM thing will not give the optimum sound quality. And if there is another choice please let me know.

I wanted to ask something. My Fiesta's O.E.M. HU's lens has given way in a year. i have an extended warranty but my installer drilled in a freakin hole to accomodate the line output wire. Does it stand any chance to be replaced under warranty? or can i get the lens replaced. Its y dads car and he will kill me if he comes to know of this as he really likes the Sq and simplicity of the HU. what do i do. Can i Diy a lens job cause i dont trust the repair guys here.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2007, 01:00   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Guys,
a friend's just got a fiesta diesel with ABS delivered.
It comes with the 6 CD in-dash 2DIN player.He wants to connect an IPOD/MP3 player.
Does it have an AUX port??
@ Nitrous : Is the HU a Kenwood? If so it will not have a AUX input. The RC port used for the CD-changer is coupled as an AUX input. You need to get this stereo to RC adapter from kenwood. And yes it is hard to get one. If you are in chennai go to the Radio ware house shop in Wallaja rd(last right from mount rd towards beach) You can see a big KENWOOD board over there just before a KONIKA lab to your right. it will cost around 750 bucks for the cable. Another option is iTrip -the FM transmitter for Ipod (1600 bucks) but you will loose sound quality.

Good Luck!!
navin_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2007, 05:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
@ Nitrous : Is the HU a Kenwood? If so it will not have a AUX input. The RC port used for the CD-changer is coupled as an AUX input. You need to get this stereo to RC adapter from kenwood. And yes it is hard to get one. If you are in chennai go to the Radio ware house shop in Wallaja rd(last right from mount rd towards beach) You can see a big KENWOOD board over there just before a KONIKA lab to your right. it will cost around 750 bucks for the cable. Another option is iTrip -the FM transmitter for Ipod (1600 bucks) but you will loose sound quality.

Good Luck!!
Hi,

The OEM HU and speakers are made by sanyo. just checked my HU and speakers a couple of days back. and ther is no cd changer control outlet as it has a built in 6 cd changer as i earlier said. so it is next to impossible IMO to get an aux from this HU. if there is a way please suggest. but i again say, it is impossible exept the FM modulator.

Rishabh
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2007, 12:58   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
My Fiesta's O.E.M. HU's lens has given way in a year. i have an extended warranty but my installer drilled in a freakin hole to accomodate the line output wire. Does it stand any chance to be replaced under warranty? or can i get the lens replaced. .
The drilling probably had nothing to do with the lens giving way but the company might stilll use that as an excuse. Depending on the make of the HU it might be easier to find a repair shop that can change the lens. It is not something that is easy to DIY.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 16:43   #12
BHPian

Hi,

I have KENWOOD OE fiited with my ford ita single din and 1 cd mp3/wma PLAYER. Could any one suggest the way forward getting my IPOD Connected?
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 09:38   #13
Team-BHP Support

Do you have a model number on that HU? If your HU has a "Aux in" that you can use a cable if not a FM tranmitter (not very clear) might be your best bet.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 11:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Hi,

I have KENWOOD OE fiited with my ford ita single din and 1 cd mp3/wma PLAYER. Could any one suggest the way forward getting my IPOD Connected?
does it has a cd-changer control option.......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 09:16   #15
BHPian

My Fiesta has the OE integrated HU with the 6-cd in dash changer. Is there any way I can get this to play mp3 CDs and/or audio cassettes without having to replace the HU? I don't mind installing a second 1-DIN HU in a discreet location (is there any) that somehow acts as a source for the existing OE integrated HU. But is this even possible?
theEnd is offline   Reply With Quote