Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2007, 16:56   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default JL Audio. How good is it?

Gurus,
How has ur experience been with JL audio products?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 17:31   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

costly i guess, but i know you can afford:P

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th March 2007 at 03:32. Reason: Please type in full words
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 17:36   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

they make very nice stuff. Great design, reliability and performance. But at the price you pay for most of their products, you can buy better stuff.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 18:06   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
But at the price you pay for most of their products, you can buy better stuff.
totally agree.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 19:14   #5
BHPian
 
Tool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 350
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I totally agree with Sir's Gunbir and LBM on the price point too. There is much better stuff out there for a similar price.
But they do make Quality stuff. Makes sense if you are looking at getting it cheap at like ebay or something.
boom

Last edited by Tool : 12th March 2007 at 19:17.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 20:28   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Exclamation

As per gunbir/lbm very very expensive audio!! always good to see how far you can stretch you $$ for similar performing brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
But they do make Quality stuff. Makes sense if you are looking at getting it cheap at like ebay or something.
Yeah if your getting some discounts/combo offers in the USA sometimes there are very competitive pricing. Make sure you find a legit source if its on eBay.

My friend was using their slash series monoblock and JL subs it hit pretty hard... and it hit is wallet hard too havent heard anything besides the sub

Last edited by s0uljah : 12th March 2007 at 20:29.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 00:26   #7
BHPian
 
sys_whiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boston, USA
Posts: 112
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Costly....imagine a 13" sub in a sealed enclosure costs around 1300 USD.

JL Audio CLS113RG-W7 - 13" Sub loaded in a ...

I beleive not available in India.
sys_whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 09:38   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sys_whiz View Post
Costly....imagine a 13" sub in a sealed enclosure costs around 1300 USD.

I beleive not available in India.
Now that KB already has a sub I wonder who else will buy one! :-) Sorry KB!
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 10:51   #9
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Now that KB already has a sub I wonder who else will buy one! :-) Sorry KB!
He has 2 subs!!!
And I would always be happy with more SUBs.

JL audio is prohibitively expensive. And their quality is rock solid.
Unfortunately, The guys who handle this brand in India are prohibitively ignorant about this brand. They don't even know what JL audio is!!!!
And they would suggest you to use Scorpio as the best ICE vehicle.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 11:07   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
JL audio is prohibitively expensive. And their quality is rock solid.
Unfortunately, The guys who handle this brand in India are prohibitively ignorant about this brand. They don't even know what JL audio is!!!!
And they would suggest you to use Scorpio as the best ICE vehicle.
The guys who handle JL in India are Gulf Wireless, distributors in the Gulf for many years now for top brands. Used to do RF also, I think until a few years back. They certainly have more than a clue about car audio.

I have used JL Audio subs a lot in the past, and the results have always been very good. I think the subs are simply fabulous. Never used any amps or speakers though.

The MRPs in India make them very hard to afford.
Example:
JL 12W0 with a USRP of $130 retails in India for Rs. 9223/-
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 11:45   #11
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The guys who handle JL in India are Gulf Wireless, distributors in the Gulf for many years now for top brands. Used to do RF also, I think until a few years back. They certainly have more than a clue about car audio.
But what about their Indian counterparts SSPL?? They sounds way too off from all this!!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 12:20   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
But what about their Indian counterparts SSPL?? They sounds way too off from all this!!
Same chaps, different name. They are not counterparts or anything, it is owned and run by GW.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 13:23   #13
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The guys who handle JL in India are Gulf Wireless,..The MRPs in India make them very hard to afford.
Example:
JL 12W0 with a USRP of $130 retails in India for Rs. 9223/-
I know GW they are good on technical aspects but they need to reconsider their market. At these prices ID is a more resonabale alternate.

B&T someday I'm gonna get me a car that can accomodate a 8" component in the front. :-) Someday!

Last edited by navin : 13th March 2007 at 13:31.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 14:43   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
B&T someday I'm gonna get me a car that can accomodate a 8" component in the front. :-) Someday!
Hmm, or maybe you could mould one into the door of an existing car!

I'm thinking of getting to work on a 3-way component system using a 6.5" subwoofer driver, 2" dome or 3-4" cone mid and tweeter to allow for full-range sound right outta the doors someday soon.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 15:05   #15
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Hmm, or maybe you could mould one into the door of an existing car!

I'm thinking of getting to work on a 3-way component system using a 6.5" subwoofer driver, 2" dome or 3-4" cone mid and tweeter to allow for full-range sound right outta the doors someday soon.
The problems is that cars like the Opel Astra/Corsa and Skoda Octavia have such complicated surfaces on their door panels that to make somethng look stock is a diffcult and expensive proposition. Other cars like the Palio are a lot easier to work with.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q! Sam Kapasi In-Car Entertainment 13577 11th December 2017 18:05
Pioneer exits from Home Audio-Video & DJ Business. To focus on Car Audio iVento Gadgets, Computers & Software 2 23rd September 2014 12:52
want to buy a good car audio system rsjaurr In-Car Entertainment 449 5th October 2011 01:52
Audio in TV less costlier than car audio? LNG In-Car Entertainment 4 2nd August 2010 12:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks