Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 12:16   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Gurus and guys, I've been offered the 7950UB for 15.5k with B&W in Calcutta. The dealer says he'll bundle in a CD-IU50 free with it. Is it a good deal?
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 11:14   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

@shuvd: u got that quote at glix? i'm interested in getting one fitted too...

and to verify, the usb cable that comes with the ipod doesn't work in the 7950? is the CD-IU50 the only way out?
@somebodystopme: did u manage to get the OE ipod cable to work on your unit?
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 13:06   #48
BHPian
 
somebodystopme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 502
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
@shuvd: u got that quote at glix? i'm interested in getting one fitted too...

and to verify, the usb cable that comes with the ipod doesn't work in the 7950? is the CD-IU50 the only way out?
@somebodystopme: did u manage to get the OE ipod cable to work on your unit?
NA.. Was too lazy to connect the cable again after 1st try. I am happily running CD on it and will buy a Pendrive soon. If you want for your satisfaction i can try again with IPOD cable.

But i dont really know if problem is regarding IPOD cable or Ipod model.

Mine is second generation ipod nano. I guess this HU will work perfectly with 1st generation IPODnano the one in black and white.
Which one is yours?
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 14:44   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

guys check with the pioneer cable I think it will work with it only.....not with the cable which comes with the IPOD......


and the genration does not change the dock connector ....it is the same since a long time......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 14:59   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
NA.. Was too lazy to connect the cable again after 1st try. I am happily running CD on it and will buy a Pendrive soon. If you want for your satisfaction i can try again with IPOD cable.

But i dont really know if problem is regarding IPOD cable or Ipod model.

Mine is second generation ipod nano. I guess this HU will work perfectly with 1st generation IPODnano the one in black and white.
Which one is yours?
Mine is a 1st generation nano. guess i'll carry it with me to the shop if & when i buy the unit. but yea, would be great if u could give the OE nano cable another shot.
how's the system overall? u happy with it? what's the rest of your ICE comprised of? pics pls

EDIT: @lbm: thanks for the info dude
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 00:40   #51
BHPian
 
austere_sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 287
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Doest these players of pioneer which are USB compatible can play music from portable HDD. I don't know how much power can an HU provide to HDD. but was just curious if it might be working. I have this Seagate portable HDD which works by connecting it to computer through USB.
austere_sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:40   #52
BHPian
 
abhi182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 316
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Lbm this is the same cable I am talking about. though I dont have the pioneer one. I got one with IPOD itself. But I guess both of them function in the same way.

I got this HU for 10K Without B&W


I know the cable is same but you can try the pioneer cable it might be a bit different.....
^^ it has to be different...
The USB port on the Pioneer would expect a normal folder structure on the storage device it is connected to... (e.g. root\pearl_jam\one.mp3)

The ipod however does not follow the regular storage pattern...it creates separate metadata files for navigation , renames the files and stashs them away in a hidden folder called data on the ipod hdd

when you connect the regular USB cable, your HU would expect a regular directory structure....
I am not sure how this cable is any different from the ipod regular USB cable, but for the reason above, it has to be

Last edited by abhi182 : 3rd May 2007 at 11:41.
abhi182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 14:46   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,591 Times
Default

Hi Gurus

I got this Pio 6950UB HU thingy some time back. Couple of questions:

1. It does not remember the settings. Very frustrating this can be. Not even the FM channels stored in the so-called presets. Is this a setup problem?

2. I have a sony mp3 player as well. When i plug it into the usb cable, it does not get recognised. Any idea why?

Amitoj
PS: scrolling through the music in the ipod via this HU is very cumbersome.

Last edited by amitoj : 30th May 2007 at 14:51.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 16:03   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,591 Times
Default

oops... its a 7950UB HU. Sorry about that...
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 16:09   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
^^ it has to be different...
The USB port on the Pioneer would expect a normal folder structure on the storage device it is connected to... (e.g. root\pearl_jam\one.mp3)

The ipod however does not follow the regular storage pattern...it creates separate metadata files for navigation , renames the files and stashs them away in a hidden folder called data on the ipod hdd

when you connect the regular USB cable, your HU would expect a regular directory structure....
I am not sure how this cable is any different from the ipod regular USB cable, but for the reason above, it has to be
I think the 7950UB has the software to recognize the IPOD interface as the model supports it when connected directly....so I think there will be no problem in that....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 17:57   #56
BHPian
 
dilipkumar7278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: COCHIN
Posts: 382
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Pioneer AVH-P 5750 DVD

Hi
Gurus,Please tell me how can I connect the above system with ipod? I dont want to buy the pioneer adaptor as it is expensive.Is there any other way? Is it available in cochin//
Thanks
dilip kumar
dilipkumar7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 18:54   #57
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

If you don't want to buy the pioneer adapter, then you should go for an aux in connection.
Buy a 3.5 to RCA cable and connect your iPod to the aux in of your HU. Turn on aux in the HU system settings and play your iPod. The sound will come out from the speakers. You'll have to manually control your iPod and keep an eye on it's battery level. It won't be charged as if connected thru the adapter.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 19:20   #58
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,746
Thanked: 7,449 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Hi Gurus

I got this Pio 6950UB HU thingy some time back. Couple of questions:

1. It does not remember the settings. Very frustrating this can be. Not even the FM channels stored in the so-called presets. Is this a setup problem?
If you havent sorted it out yet, check the wiring of the HU, there are 2 positives (red and yellow), Red (if i remember correct, check!!) has to be connected direct to the battery (always ON) and second via ignition switch.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2008, 00:13   #59
BHPian
 
kjdesigns_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 159
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

can someone please post a few pictures of different spectrum analyzers from 7950 or 6950. I have my mind set on both of these two but i want the dancing lights up and down for sure. anyone ?
kjdesigns_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2008, 00:15   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
can someone please post a few pictures of different spectrum analyzers from 7950 or 6950. I have my mind set on both of these two but i want the dancing lights up and down for sure. anyone ?
Pictures wont do justice. I suggest you take a demo at the installer itself.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pioneer Head Unit Errors. Error 11 and error 17 in pioneer MP3 rajivanoj In-Car Entertainment 32 10th December 2013 17:07
Specs Req Pioneer 2950 and Pioneer 4950 HU nicejits In-Car Entertainment 3 23rd November 2007 12:03
For Sale: Pioneer FH-P 6200 2 Din and Pioneer EQ 6500 Equalizer . sam_78 Shifting gears 4 28th April 2007 12:16
How come Pioneer is still using 16 bit DACs on HU's below 7 series raul In-Car Entertainment 9 5th May 2006 15:32
Pioneer come to India via Autocop Sahil Modifications & Accessories 5 2nd April 2006 02:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:20.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks