Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd April 2007, 10:46   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
It would have taken you less time to find a suitbale transformer. Anyway you have now doine something even I have not.. wound a torroid yourself.
Ya I agree Navin Ji...also what would be the quality of the hand wound transformer.....is it symetrical or one side thick and the other side thin.....clip can you post some pics of the same.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 00:31   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Ya I agree Navin Ji...also what would be the quality of the hand wound transformer.....is it symetrical or one side thick and the other side thin.....clip can you post some pics of the same.....
hi,

just got back from delhi. im really tired, ill post pics and details day after tomorrow as ill be busy tomorrow. about the quality, i dont know. lets see how it comes up. all i want to say is im really happy with what i have done so far. winding a toroid was difficult but i like challanges.

cheers

clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 05:07   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Clip, just a bit of brotherly advice. You're not going to make too many friends here if you keep wanting to kill them.
And certainly not if you call everyone idiots.

We love humour, but do be nice and try and find that line you cannot cross.

And Navin is here to help you, but he is a busy man. He logs on when free, you may end up calling him when he isn't.
You can get advice from Navin here, or PM him. I am sure he will reply as soon as he has time.
Take it easy then, will you? Cheers.
heavely OT.

hi,

Sam, ive been thinking all this while what you said about find that line you never cross. well IMHO i didnt need to apologize first of all. i think im trying to be too nice here. this is my sense of humor and i dont think you need to correct me. if any one doesnt like it , he or she can say to me on my face. why do you keep giving me your brotherly advice every now and then i dont understand. and stop being navins lawyer. IMO navin is the best person to decide if he wants to give his no. or hes busy or not. so please be nice and stop complaining all the time Sam.

cheers

clip
Old 25th April 2007, 10:51   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
heavely OT.

hi,

Sam, ive been thinking all this while what you said about find that line you never cross. well IMHO i didnt need to apologize first of all. i think im trying to be too nice here. this is my sense of humor and i dont think you need to correct me. if any one doesnt like it , he or she can say to me on my face. why do you keep giving me your brotherly advice every now and then i dont understand. and stop being navins lawyer. IMO navin is the best person to decide if he wants to give his no. or hes busy or not. so please be nice and stop complaining all the time Sam.

cheers

clip

Clip sir what do want.....do you have any problem with Sam Bhai or Navin Ji.........In this thread of yours only three people are responding that is Sam Kasapi, Navin, LBM (thats me)......and you are pointing fingers on them only....what are you trying to prove here.....ok you have a sense of humor then keep it private or to your friends...this is a public forum....here people behave like gentlemen not like jungle people......so I would say get your post removed and be a little polite otherwise there would be no one helping you here and you have to leave this forum because of your humor........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 25th April 2007 at 10:52.
Old 25th April 2007, 11:05   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

well IMHO i didnt need to apologize first of all. i

why do you keep giving me your brotherly advice every now and then i dont understand. and stop being navins lawyer.
a) I did not think you needed to appologise and neither do I think did Sam asked you to. He only informed you that I am rather busy and prefer to keep my mobile number private. In fact my mobile is only on when I am travelling so giving that out make little sense. We old men (me) are not as mobile literate as the younger generation.

b) Sam was sticking up for me since I was off line. He knows me and my need for privacy. In fact it is only after people know me and when I can be expected to pick up a call do I give them my mobile number.

Enough said. Topic Closed. Lets get back to ICE.

Last edited by navin : 25th April 2007 at 11:41.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 12:51   #156
BHPian

Moderator Note: Your post has been deleted. Navin has clearly mentioned that this topic is closed, and I think you need to respect that. Any further replies on this matter will be deleted.

Last edited by Rtech : 25th April 2007 at 16:46.
Old 27th April 2007, 09:56   #157
Team-BHP Support

Clip, just to clarify if you still have queires about your transformer or amplifer I am still around.
Old 27th April 2007, 10:44   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Clip, just to clarify if you still have queires about your transformer or amplifer I am still around.
Ya not only Navin Ji everbody will be here to help you to complete the job.....so whats the progress you have achived.....
Old 27th April 2007, 13:14   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Ya not only Navin Ji everbody will be here to help you to complete the job.....so whats the progress you have achived.....
hey guys,

thanks alot...the progress is the transformer is now putting out 22-23v. i dont have a laser printer so im stuck. had to build the pcb for the power supply. maybe today ill make the pcb. lets see yaar. im really busy with work. will let you know guys.

one more thing, guys i dont trust these digital multi meters. are these accurate enough? or there can be a huge variation in the voltage? do i need to buy a true rms multi meter? too many questions sorry

thanks again..

cheers

clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 27th April 2007 at 13:22.
Old 27th April 2007, 13:39   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
one more thing, guys i dont trust these digital multi meters. are these accurate enough? or there can be a huge variation in the voltage? do i need to buy a true rms multi meter? too many questions sorry
Ya you can get these for around 2k range....

Hand-Held Multimeter System
Old 27th April 2007, 15:20   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
one more thing, guys i dont trust these digital multi meters. are these accurate enough?
Yes there are some good ones. I have a couple of Flukes one of them has lasted me 20+ years, these and my portable Philips scope were the best VFM purchases I made. DSOs (mine is Gould) and other analysers (I have one from Rhode and Schwartz) are very expensive and not really nesscary at this stage.
Old 27th April 2007, 17:21   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Yes there are some good ones. I have a couple of Flukes one of them has lasted me 20+ years, these and my portable Philips scope were the best VFM purchases I made. DSOs (mine is Gould) and other analysers (I have one from Rhode and Schwartz) are very expensive and not really nesscary at this stage.
hi,

sorry for confusing you but what i meant was, are the digital multi meter(the normal ones 200-300 rs types) are ok or not? how much is a scope for(cheapest for this job)??

I dont think true rms DMMs are available in my city. if anyone can help me out with the brands and price, ill be really thankful.

how do i check the amp rating of my transformer? is there any method navinji, lbm paaji??

on last q - does the true rms DMM include LCR meter or ill have to buy a seperate one? again can anyone help me out with brands and prices?

cheers

clip
Old 27th April 2007, 17:49   #163
Senior - BHPian

the 200-300 wala DMM are just good for indicating purpose only....and are not that accurate...the one I have suggested in my previous post is a true rms type and will be costing nearly 2k....check it out......
Old 28th April 2007, 16:09   #164
BHPian

Quote:
the 200-300 wala DMM are just good for indicating purpose only....and are not that accurate...the one I have suggested in my previous post is a true rms type and will be costing nearly 2k....check it out......
hi lbm,

from where can i buy this true rms DMM? do you get this in delhi?

navinji,

how much does the fluke DMM cost? also please let me know how much will a scope cost(cheapest for my requirement i.e. beginner)?? i heard fluke is one of the best in this field.

i also want to buy a good soldering iron. im sick and tired of these local ones. can you suggest a good one which is available here and price ? how much does a soldering station cost?

what is a DSO?

thanks
clip
Old 29th April 2007, 19:28   #165
BHPian

Quote:
hi lbm,

from where can i buy this true rms DMM? do you get this in delhi?

navinji,

how much does the fluke DMM cost? also please let me know how much will a scope cost(cheapest for my requirement i.e. beginner)?? i heard fluke is one of the best in this field.

i also want to buy a good soldering iron. im sick and tired of these local ones. can you suggest a good one which is available here and price ? how much does a soldering station cost?

what is a DSO?

thanks
clip
hi guys,

no reply? lbm paaji and navinji eagerly awaiting your reply. dont you guys want me to buy a good soldering iron and a scope?

navinji, i request you to post pics of your soldering stuff with specs only if can. :-)). also please post pics of your oscilloscope with specs.

navinji, lbm ji... please give me some knowledge about scopes etc. i would like to know what kind of scope should i buy for audio system testing like distortion etc? also there are scopes available in eBay usa. some are damn cheap( second hand though ) if you tell me what should i look for in a scope that would make my life easier.

are second hand scopes available in India?

guys i really cant help it but im really sorry for asking too many questions. better safe than sorry. i hope you dont mind guys.

cheers

clip