Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2007, 13:57   #91
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

A tranny is a Transformer not a Transvestite.
A Torroid is one type of Transformer, and EI is another.

clip to, I thought you were going to use the chip amp you posted earlier. there are dozens of schematics on the intenet. 50-100W is not that rare.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 14:41   #92
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
A tranny is a Transformer not a Transvestite.
A Torroid is one type of Transformer, and EI is another.

clip to, I thought you were going to use the chip amp you posted earlier. there are dozens of schematics on the intenet. 50-100W is not that rare.
hi navin,

yes now ive decided to build the chipamp design. never mind it copying just wanna get a hang of it for further projects.

how do i convert a pdf to eagle file. i wanna etch my own board. also there are hundered types of resistors and caps in the library. dont know which ones are used on the chipamp. alos how do i substitute mur860 for mur 1560?
now my hand is hurting...:-(

cheers

clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 29th March 2007 at 14:45.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 16:19   #93
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

hi navin,

i have some questions.

1) where do we need a transformer with centre tap? inverting amp?

2) can i use 2 lm3886 per channel? i have a schematic. here it is.



3) this amp has a psu with mur1560s. and i dont think it uses ct tranny. can i use a tranny with centre tap with a non centre tap power supply design? here are the schematics. 2 of them.





4) can you help me source a toroidal transformer? can i use a bigger tranny so that i can make it more powerful when i want? How much do you pay for the toroid? can i have the specification with price so that i have a rough idea?

i hope im not asking for too much and im clear with my questions.

cheers

clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 18:24   #94
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

hi,

navinji still waiting for yor reply. i wanna start my project today itself so please help.

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 19:02   #95
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Clip, are you building an amplifier for 12VDC use or 230Vac???

Navin is maddeningly proficient at transformers that connect to 230V AC. I believe even he might have to do some thinking and research when it comes to building a 12V DC power supply. And you dont use those large toroidal (*cringe*) trannies in car amplifiers.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 23:18   #96
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Clip, are you building an amplifier for 12VDC use or 230Vac???

Navin is maddeningly proficient at transformers that connect to 230V AC. I believe even he might have to do some thinking and research when it comes to building a 12V DC power supply. And you dont use those large toroidal (*cringe*) trannies in car amplifiers.
hi sam,

im building a home amp. what tranny do you use in car amps? just asking for knowladge.

now im making a schematic in eagle. i might use two parrellel 3886s. how do i build a two channel? i.e. 4 ICs 2 per channel. should i build two seperate amps and use it as a 2 channel or is there a way to connect 2 ICs so that they have the exact same output? if i use 2 seperate amps im sure there will be a difference in the output. so please suggest how to.

bolo tararara,
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 23:48   #97
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
bolo tararara,
clip


You said the magic words clip, so here's what you want, to increase your knowladge
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 04:03   #98
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

You said the magic words clip, so here's what you want, to increase your knowladge
Hi sam,

well people do make mistakes once in a while sam and it was because of my hand. if you are going to behave like a professor( guru ) rest assured im going to make your life a living hell in here.
thanku unkilji phor thee chematic(peronaoonsed ch - chimp).

i hope you participate more and help me build a really good sounding amp. i know you have a lot of knowledge on audio systems.

dhik chik

clip

no offense meant dude
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 13:14   #99
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

sorry i was busy. I think you got your info from here.

PA100 2x LM3886 in parallel

if so just do it. it is tried and tested. as you can see there is a 300W versio using 6 LMs on the same website.

BTW have you got the 3886? if you are using 2 why not use a 4780? it makes for a cleaer circuit like done here http://www.unisonus.com/pdf/lm4780_sch.pdf

with regarding parallel 3886s this is one ckt that I have seen around a lot.
App Note - Bridging Power Audio Amplifiers
DC Electronics - Kits

I assume you have already read Brian's PDF on the LM3886 PSU. Brian is a regular at diyaudio (uses the handle BrianGT). I would also look at Pavel's posts on Diyaudio. I think his last name is Dudek or something like that.
http://www.chipamp.com/docs/lm3886-manual.pdf

Speaking of Diyaudio there was a "indian" thread on dual 3886s I think I have it here...diyAudio Forums - PCB design of parallel of two inverted LM3886 with buffer and dc-servo.

You can contact Miracle Electronics for your torroid transformer (I am never gonna use the word tranny on this forum again). Miracle will make you a transformer with dual taps.

and lastly this tutouial with pics will show you how your amp can turn out.
LM3886 Stereo Amplifier
http://www.parttimeprojects.com/audi...newebpage.html
Single Chip 50W Stereo Amplifier (Elliot was one of the earlier "gain cloners").
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 14:03   #100
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
sorry i was busy. I think you got your info from here.

PA100 2x LM3886 in parallel

if so just do it. it is tried and tested. as you can see there is a 300W versio using 6 LMs on the same website.

BTW have you got the 3886? if you are using 2 why not use a 4780? it makes for a cleaer circuit like done here http://www.unisonus.com/pdf/lm4780_sch.pdf

with regarding parallel 3886s this is one ckt that I have seen around a lot.
App Note - Bridging Power Audio Amplifiers
DC Electronics - Kits

I assume you have already read Brian's PDF on the LM3886 PSU. Brian is a regular at diyaudio (uses the handle BrianGT). I would also look at Pavel's posts on Diyaudio. I think his last name is Dudek or something like that.
http://www.chipamp.com/docs/lm3886-manual.pdf

Speaking of Diyaudio there was a "indian" thread on dual 3886s I think I have it here...diyAudio Forums - PCB design of parallel of two inverted LM3886 with buffer and dc-servo.

You can contact Miracle Electronics for your torroid transformer (I am never gonna use the word tranny on this forum again). Miracle will make you a transformer with dual taps.

and lastly this tutouial with pics will show you how your amp can turn out.
LM3886 Stereo Amplifier
http://www.parttimeprojects.com/audi...newebpage.html
Single Chip 50W Stereo Amplifier (Elliot was one of the earlier "gain cloners").
hi navin,

yes the pa100 is taken from that website. sorry forgot to mention.

i already got 2 lm3886s, but i dont have a problem buying another 2 pairs of lm4780s. the design is quite simple to build.

i have read almost all the threads on lm3886 on diyaudio...lol

what my problem is rightnow is using the library in eagle.

thanks for the transformer.

clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 15:59   #101
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
what my problem is rightnow is using the library in eagle.
which lib and what is eagle? are you talking about gerber files?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 17:09   #102
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

hi navin,

eagle is a program to design pcb and schematics.

can i convert a pdf inta a schematic?

navinji, what program do you use?


well actually im poor at using a pcb program. if anyone can help, please make me a schematic and pcb in eagle please please. people who are familiar with the software can do it realy quick IMO. please please do it for me. http://www.unisonus.com/pdf/lm4780_sch.pdf

Thanks alot.
expecting the sch and pcb design soon

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 30th March 2007 at 17:13.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2007, 10:13   #103
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi
navinji, what program do you use?

http://www.unisonus.com/pdf/lm4780_sch.pdf
I used Spice. Now (last 15 years or so) I have others do this for me (for a fee). BTW that PDF has a PCB layout on the top righthand corner.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 18:19   #104
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

hi,

just searched the market for a transformer, the guy is askig for aroud 1500 rs for a 24-0-25 300va el trans. i think its quite expensive. can anyone give an estimate for the above transformer?

i need to power 4 lm3886s(navinji im using the 3886 as i have 2 of them)

i have a few questions which ill post later.

cheers

clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 18:26   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

the 300 VA 24-0-24 or 25-0-25 or 24-0-25 step down would cost around 1200/- .........for 1500/- it is a bit on the higher side....is there any brand related to the transformer or just it is a local brand....I used to get GURU....they were quite good.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Frankenbike Build: My Honda CBR 600 F3 Build-Off ap10046 Superbikes & Imports 16 16th July 2013 14:26
Hyundai Santro - Sub & Amp advice needed jobinjv In-Car Entertainment 17 7th July 2009 14:45
Needed Help in Connectiong a Mono Sub Out to a AMP j_j In-Car Entertainment 20 31st July 2007 11:41
Nissan Planning To Build Anti-Drunk Driving Cars. ollie Shifting gears 3 4th October 2006 21:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:01.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks