Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 30th November 2010, 22:36   #766
Senior - BHPian

Quick Price Update:

Bought a Pioneer DEH 3390UB (Front USB + Aux + 2 RCA) for 6000 bucks from Autoshop in Koramangala. It comes with Pioneer's 2 yr all India warranty.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 22:57   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Quick Price Update:

Bought a Pioneer DEH 3390UB
Hi Moto - checked for the model in Pioneer website - couldn't find it though - I am planning to change my old system - would you by any chance have a link to the piece you bought or pic to refer..thanks
Ranjimso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 07:26   #768
BHPian

@Ranjimso: Hey if you can wait for a couple of more weeks then you can buy the JBL GTX333 HU which will be released shortly.But this one does not have a CD player but has 3 preouts!!It costs only 5000bucks.
I am too excited about its release that I cant stop mentioning about it in every post that i make.
fiesta_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 09:18   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
Hi Moto - checked for the model in Pioneer website - couldn't find it though - I am planning to change my old system - would you by any chance have a link to the piece you bought or pic to refer..thanks
Yeah even i did nto find much info on the web. Sachin from Autoshop informed that its from the 2011 lineup. i have a picture of it from the internet. Its attached below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
@Ranjimso: Hey if you can wait for a couple of more weeks then you can buy the JBL GTX333 HU which will be released shortly.But this one does not have a CD player but has 3 preouts!!It costs only 5000bucks.
I am too excited about its release that I cant stop mentioning about it in every post that i make.
I also saw the advertisement in Autocar but I had some issues with my current player and hence, changed it. Also have an amp connected to 4 speakers so requirement was 2rca atleast.
Attached Images

Old 1st December 2010, 21:11   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
Fiesta - thanks for the advice, much appreciated - I did check it out - looks neat - I would not mind waiting for it as long as it is priced at 5k..

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Yeah even i did nto find much info on the web. Sachin from Autoshop informed that its from the 2011 lineup. i have a picture of it from the internet. Its attached below.

I also saw the advertisement in Autocar but I had some issues with my current player and hence, changed it. Also have an amp connected to 4 speakers so requirement was 2rca atleast.
Oh i thought you bought the piece and also the pic you attached does not show a front USB port. Hope you attached the right one...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd December 2010 at 01:04. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Ranjimso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:25   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
Fiesta - thanks for the advice, much appreciated - I did check it out - looks neat - I would not mind waiting for it as long as it is priced at 5k..

Oh i thought you bought the piece and also the pic you attached does not show a front USB port. Hope you attached the right one...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.
More or less looks like that model I could not find the exact piece and too lazy to click a picture But its pretty good, i feel a world of difference when compared to my old pioneer.
Old 29th December 2010, 14:53   #772
BANNED

Default Re: Prices of HEAD UNITS

I bought JBL GTX333 HU for 4200 in Hyderabad.

It replaced my 5 year old Sony (don't remember the model number).

I would say the quality is on par with my previous system or marginally better. I replaced it to get USB access and don't want to maintain CDs.

I was expecting it to be bright on sound quality though, but for 4.2K it's good deal.

PM if anyone want more details.
niv26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 01:17   #773
abk
BHPian

Advice sought from audio gurus: Am looking out for a low priced HU for my Santro because last night the car was broken into & the HU burgled. This is the second instance of my car ever being parked outside on the road away from my home. The first instance was a few years ago when my OHC was parked away & on that occassion it's HU was stolen! Burglars galore!
Anyway, coming to my requirements & constraints:
  • The HU that was: Kenwood KDC MP333. I was almost very happy with the sound quality at both the ranges - the bass & the treble.
  • Budget: Around Rs. 4,000/-
  • Required sound quality: Decent (I mean am no audiophile but enjoy music of a wide range: Classic rock to ghazals; Western classical to Sufi, blues & Bengali folk)
  • The current front speakers are the stock. No plans of changing them either.
  • Pioneer 6x9 coaxials on the rear tray. They sounded very nice with the Kenwood HU KDC MP333
  • No amplifiers or sub-woofers installed. Neither have any plans to install them in the future
  • USB connectivity necessary
  • Direct iPod / iPhone connectivity will be nice-to-have. Otherwise, I can play them via auxiliary input or FM transmitter (have it)
  • Come to think of it - ability to play CDs or for that matter even the radio (AM/FM) is optional. I will be happy to play music just off USB drive &/or connecting my portable audio devices via the aux input
  • Don't mind buying a used HU or new without bill & warranty

I have seen on the TBHP classified section Frank Mehta has his Pioneer DEH-5950IB on sale for Rs. 4,000/- Is it a reasonable buy especially from price vs depreciated value perspective?

Many thanks in advance!
abk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 17:04   #774
BHPian

Default 2 Din Touchscreen for Corolla Altis J?

Hi all,

One of my close friends would be getting delivery of Altis J in about 15 days time.

We would like to install a touchscreen 2 Din system with the following features

Absolutely needed - bluetooth, USB, ipod compatability
Wishlist - Reverse parking camera, GPS, Screen on the front head rest which can play files from USB/phone.

Pls provide me with the possible options - JVC 836 & The Cedia HU is what i am thinking right now.

Budget - All inclusive 30-40k?

Also, pls tell us which are the best places in Mumbai to source the units from, and where we can get the installations done.

Thanks a ton in advance to all ..
skuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 01:08   #775
BHPian

which is a better HU for spl setup.kenwood 7016 or alpine 103EBT?
procircuit_234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 12:17   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
which is a better HU for spl setup.kenwood 7016 or alpine 103EBT?
what are the other equipment(s)?
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 13:03   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
Advice sought from audio gurus: Am looking out for a low priced HU for my Santro because last night the car was broken into & the HU burgled.
The GT-X333 is now @4K in your budget with ipod connectivity.

HTH
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 15:04   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
The GT-X333 is now @4K in your budget with ipod connectivity.HTH
One of the online shopping site is selling it for Rs. 3750/-
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 17:31   #779
BHPian

Hi ALL,
i am looking for a HU with ipod and Bluetooth connectivity for attending phone calls ,can u guys please suggest me a good one with the pricing in Bangalore ,single din.
Presently i have a Sony HU with MP3/Aux in for Ipod....

Also can someone let me know where i can get sony MEX-BT5750U HU and at what price in Bangalore?

thanks
MSVG
msvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 10:39   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Hi ALL,
i am looking for a HU with ipod and Bluetooth connectivity for attending phone calls ,can u guys please suggest me a good one with the pricing in Bangalore ,single din.
Presently i have a Sony HU with MP3/Aux in for Ipod....

Also can someone let me know where i can get sony MEX-BT5750U HU and at what price in Bangalore?

thanks
MSVG
I use Pioneer DEH 6250BT. It's got ipod and bluetooth connectivity for attending phone calls. It's got an external mic which can be connected anywhere for better voice clarity. Sound output is awesome. Can pair upto 5 phones and address book can be accessed using the HU. Attaching some pics for reference. It will come to 9-10k. You can contact Akash of Final Touch, Mission Road (Richmond), Blore.
Attached Thumbnails
Prices of HEAD UNITS-img_2726.jpg  

Prices of HEAD UNITS-img00150201012301738.jpg  

Prices of HEAD UNITS-img00151201012301738.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote