Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 17th March 2011, 13:12   #781
abk
BHPian

Default Re: Prices of HEAD UNITS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
One of the online shopping site is selling it for Rs. 3750/-
HammerHead, can you please provide the URL of the shopping site.

Thanks!
abk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 11:06   #782
BHPian

how does this(DEH 6250BT) compare against 7350 which is officially available at India pioneer site?
hrishig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 01:01   #783
abk
BHPian

Default Buying JBL GT-X333 from carplus.in at Rs. 3,750/-?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
One of the online shopping site is selling it for Rs. 3750/-
I found the online site that retails it at the price quoted by HammerHead. Can anyone please advise if this is a reliable site to order from?

Thanks!
Old 28th March 2011, 08:09   #784
BHPian

Hi,
I am looking for kenwood x994 or x995 or 8016BT to buy in bangalore.
Can you guys suggest me from where should i buy this ? also who can give me the best discounts on the same HU ?
Suggestion on speakers is also welcomed...
thanks
msvg
msvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 12:19   #785
BHPian

Default Re: Buying JBL GT-X333 from carplus.in at Rs. 3,750/-?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
I found the online site that retails it at the price quoted by HammerHead. Can anyone please advise if this is a reliable site to order from?

Thanks!

Are you upgrading an existing setup or installing brand new? If installing and you buy separately the installer may charge you a couple of 100 Rs for the entire installation which will negate the benefit. Else a local shop will procure and install it for you for "free" and charge you 4K for it.

HTH
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 12:08   #786
abk
BHPian

Default Re: Buying JBL GT-X333 from carplus.in at Rs. 3,750/-?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Are you upgrading an existing setup or installing brand new? If installing and you buy separately the installer may charge you a couple of 100 Rs for the entire installation which will negate the benefit. Else a local shop will procure and install it for you for "free" and charge you 4K for it.

HTH
Thanks for your suggestion, Ragul! My car's HU was stolen. I am based in a small town in Assam & there is no feasibility of getting JBL HU here. I enquired at JBL retail outlet in Guwahati but they advised they are not dealing in car audio at the moment. So my only resort at the moment is to order it online.
Old 30th March 2011, 12:57   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Hi,
I am looking for kenwood x994 or x995 or 8016BT to buy in bangalore.
Can you guys suggest me from where should i buy this ? also who can give me the best discounts on the same HU ?
Suggestion on speakers is also welcomed...
thanks
msvg

X994.995 etc is the naming nomenclature for US markets. Locally, its called 7016, 8016 etc.

In chennai, the approx prices i got are as follows
7016- 12500
8016-18000.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:15   #788
BHPian

guys i need a little help.

planning on getting a HU for my aunt today as a surprise.. she has the old City ZX i-Dsi with the original HU that came with the car.. so it's high time she gets a proper one because the original doesnt support USB/BT or the iphone/ipod..

Could someone please guide as to whats the best pick in todays market max range is 9-10k ??

Need:
USB - Front/cable from the rear no prob
Bluetooth - to pair with iphone/samsung galaxy S
CD player - Not a must have (only USB would do too)

I intend to go to Opera House today so if anyone would recommend a good dealer as well from where i can buy it would be great - installation is not a problem

Thanks very much in advance
Vandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 10:00   #789
BHPian

well.. i guess the match kept everyone off Team Bhp?

anyways.. from my own shortlisting.. i came up with the Clarion FZ709A.

Anyone has any feedback on this HU or any alternates??
Old 3rd April 2011, 10:41   #790
Senior - BHPian

@vandit, are you sure your aunt will use USB and want an HU change? Bluetooth may be fine, but that wouldn't need an HU change - one can get an external BT unit.

On the other hand, good components will make an audible difference even with the stock HU. If you add an amp, that will be the icing on the cake.

If you really want to change the HU, look for a Kenwood 7016BT - should cost about 12K.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 11:56   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@vandit, are you sure your aunt will use USB and want an HU change? Bluetooth may be fine, but that wouldn't need an HU change - one can get an external BT unit.

On the other hand, good components will make an audible difference even with the stock HU. If you add an amp, that will be the icing on the cake.

If you really want to change the HU, look for a Kenwood 7016BT - should cost about 12K.
Thanks for the suggestion.. but yeah.. the HU desperately needs to be changed.. The CD mechanism has been repaired twice now but still gives trouble and she's just tired of the constant issues with the unit.

So figured since the car is also used as the second car in the family (my own car is a 2001 OHC 1.3).. i figured i'd be using it quite a bit myself as well.. so it makes sense to go for a change anyway. As the stock speakers are still very good, i figured just a good HU would be worth the change.

My own car has my Clarion DXZ785USB unit & i simply love it. But since CD's no longer find a place in my world (atleast very few stuff left on CD) i figured it can be skipped in the HU.

Kenwood was never on my list.. though im not an audiophile in terms of car units.. generally i was under the impression that the best HU's in the business were Clarion/Alpine/Pioneer? <dont flame me.. just a regular opinion>
Old 3rd April 2011, 16:36   #792
Senior - BHPian

If you can, listen to a Kenwood HU and compare.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 05:18   #793

Question Re: Prices of HEAD UNITS

Hi Guys,

I am in US and I am planning to buy a DVD Head Unit for my brother's Alto K10. Will any of the 2 Din Head Unit (Pioneer AVH-3200BT, AVH-P5200BT or the AVH-P3100) fit the Alto. The price for these start at $320 to $600. Will these unit's work in India or am I better off buying one in India?

Regards,
Vangal
Vangal_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 09:47   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangal_SS View Post
Hi Guys,

I am in US and I am planning to buy a DVD Head Unit for my brother's Alto K10. Will any of the 2 Din Head Unit (Pioneer AVH-3200BT, AVH-P5200BT or the AVH-P3100) fit the Alto. The price for these start at $320 to $600. Will these unit's work in India or am I better off buying one in India?

Regards,
Vangal
Before you plonk the money down, check if it tunes FM in steps of 0.2 or 0.1 mhz.
If the the former, you wont catch any even numbered stations in india.
if the former still, see if their is a setting that can be changed to adjust the step.
If the latter, then all is good.
Rest all works fine.

Cheerios!!
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 20:30   #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

Hi DerAlte , i'm planning to change my current Sony HU for the JBL GTX333 HU because i want to have a USB and Ipod connectivity. So i was thinking of your mention of external Bluetooth unit , could you tell me if i could couple any of it with this JBL unit ?

would be great if you could mention few models in this regard!

Thanks in advance,
Avinash
avikannan is offline   Reply With Quote