Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 26th November 2014, 16:14   #1036
BHPian

Default Re: Prices of HEAD UNITS

does anyone here have feedback on JVC KD-AV300?
http://www.jvc.net/in/car/av_receiver/kd-av300/

OR is there any way I can get my hands on a JVC AVX33? and where I can find it for how much

regards
Rajeev

Last edited by rajismine : 26th November 2014 at 16:22.
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 12:45   #1037
BHPian

2 DIN HU - Alpine CDE - 233E
Price - 9900
Store - Car Cupid, Pimple Saudagar, Pune
Bought when - Sep 2014
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 19:08   #1038
BHPian

Here's a pic of my 2 DIN Alpine HU.
Attached Thumbnails
Prices of HEAD UNITS-imag2979.jpg  

Aston Singh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 18:48   #1039
a2k
BHPian

My dealer is quoting me 44000 for the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 system without a camera. Is this a good price given get warranty for the head unit and also don't void the warranty from Volkswagen as the dealer is doing the install.
a2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 19:20   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k View Post
My dealer is quoting me 44000 for the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 system without a camera. Is this a good price given get warranty for the head unit and also don't void the warranty from Volkswagen as the dealer is doing the install.
Price seems right. Go ahead if you have shortlisted this product.
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 19:28   #1041
a2k
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Price seems right. Go ahead if you have shortlisted this product.
That where I am confused a bit because there seems to be a conflicting opinion regarding the sound improvement of the head unit with the stock speakers. Some forum members are of the opinion there will be no or marginal improvement in sound. If that is the case I will not be gaining much spending that money as I already have a navigation with the iPhone and the parking camera and sensors don't work with the new TSI because of some canbus compatibility issues. Can you kindly advise on the sound improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
I want to do the same for my 4 year old honda city. Retaining steering control and adding a bluetooth option is my only criteria. Saw the los angeles available for 16.8 k on snapdeal. Though its been replaced by las vegas im considering it.
Was surprised by a few things when i spoke to blaupunkt dealer here in chennai.
1) He said blaupunkt India wont give any warranty for products sold by snapdeal and this was confirmed by their south india representative
2) He said the dash kit for the honda city for these 2 din units costs 4.5 k!!! Quite shocking
3) Overall he quoted 21 for the las vegas, + 2K for camera + 4.5 k for the dash kit and 2k for installation. Thats close to 30k!!!! Even if i can bring to 27k its way too much. My initial budget was around 15k.

Snapdeal is offering the los angeles at 16.8 and installation for only 200rs. The dash kit cost would be extra and they wont be able to tell until the techinican gives a quote. Still seems much cheaper..

What do i do now?
Can you kindly post a picture of the dash kit and I was contemplating an upgrade as well as I own a 2012 Honda City. We purchased an extended warranty which is valid for a year and a half more - Will this modification affect the warranty? Also by just upgrading the system and just the speakers will wee see a better improvement in sound.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd January 2015 at 11:50. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 22nd January 2015, 12:05   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k View Post
That where I am confused a bit because there seems to be a conflicting opinion regarding the sound improvement of the head unit with the stock speakers. Some forum members are of the opinion there will be no or marginal improvement in sound. If that is the case I will not be gaining much spending that money as I already have a navigation with the iPhone and the parking camera and sensors don't work with the new TSI because of some canbus compatibility issues. Can you kindly advise on the sound improvement.
In that case you should first upgrade the front speakers. Go for a good set of component speakers. Tons of brands out there. Go with what your ears love!

You can upgrade your ICE step by step. That way you keep realizing the improvement every upgrade brings in. Later on you can change the rear door speakers and then take it further.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 12:44   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Prices of HEAD UNITS

Came across HU's for old Punto/Linea and the refreshed Linea, Punto EVO HU's offered by Virtue India. The units are basically plug and play. A quick call with the owner revealed that the B&M would still work with the new HU's.

1) Punto/Linea/Linea Classic (pre 2014):

Main features in the link as below.

http://www.virtueindia.in/product/punto-car-player/

Cost: Rs 23599/-

Cons: Doesnt not have CD player, USB slot at the back, HU colour does not match with panel colour.

2) Punto Evo/Linea (2014):

Main features in the link as below:

http://www.virtueindia.in/product/in...or-linea-2014/

Cost: Rs 29499/-

Cons: CD player needs pop up to open. USB slot at the back,

Any Punto owner got them. I believe they are Chinese make products and similar looking HU can be seen on the Alibaba website.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 14:10   #1044
a2k
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
In that case you should first upgrade the front speakers. Go for a good set of component speakers. Tons of brands out there. Go with what your ears love!

You can upgrade your ICE step by step. That way you keep realizing the improvement every upgrade brings in. Later on you can change the rear door speakers and then take it further.
Absolutely agree with you. Can you kindly recommend a pair of front speakers which will not require any kind of wire cutting or drilling holes that could potentially cause Volkswagen to deny the warranty but at the same time would offer a significant improvement in sound quality. I am a bit paranoid after all the warnings from the dealers. Plonked an extra 17000 for the extended warranty fearing the DSG reliability and the last thing I want is some excuse for them to deny the warranty.
Old 24th January 2015, 19:01   #1045
BHPian

Just got the Sony MEX N5070BT installed in my Fiat Punto.

Cost for the head unit: 8000!

With the features on offer, it's a great VFM head unit!

Prices of HEAD UNITS-hu1.jpg

Prices of HEAD UNITS-hu2.jpg
Abh1nav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 09:37   #1046
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I am in search of a good HU for my car [ max 10k budget] with Bluetooth, USB and Aux-in features . What are the best picks for these categories ?

[ Any brand- pio , blaupunkt, sony, alpine is fine]

I found out these 2 as VFMs !

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sony...ash%20Receiver

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sony...nd-usb/1383293

Are there any other suggestions ?

Last edited by poised2drive : 5th July 2015 at 09:39.
poised2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:21   #1047
Senior - BHPian

The car is a Skoda Rapid 1.6l AT Black Edition. Can someone tell me what this head unit is.
Prices of HEAD UNITS-img_0736.jpg
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 08:40   #1048
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and changed my headset for my Fiesta 2008 ride. Didn't want to spend a lot but at the same time wanted quality stuff.

Ended up buying the Pioneer 279BT at Paytm for 10850. Panel and harness cost 2000. Installation was free as I got it at Paytm. It took two hours to fix the system but extremely happy with the outcome. The stock speakers are definitely good and the sound is pleasing. This model has, DVD, USB, Aux, Bluetooth and Radio. Bluetooth was good and everyone could hear loud and clear. Pairing was fast and picture quality is good and touch response is fast. Hope it doesn't drain my battery for the original battery lasted for six years.
Attached Thumbnails
Prices of HEAD UNITS-img_20150906_082631.jpg  

Prices of HEAD UNITS-img_20150906_082703.jpg  

Chillout is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 16:35   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Finally took the plunge and changed my headset for my Fiesta 2008 ride. Didn't want to spend a lot but at the same time wanted quality stuff.

Ended up buying the Pioneer 279BT at Paytm for 10850. Panel and harness cost 2000. ..........snip................for six years.
The unit looks great! Can you please let me know where you got the harness from and how easy/difficult it was to install. I am planning to upgrade my HU for the Fiesta as well but unsure about the harness.
toothless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 19:17   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post
The unit looks great! Can you please let me know where you got the harness from and how easy/difficult it was to install. I am planning to upgrade my HU for the Fiesta as well but unsure about the harness.
I got it from Delhi and reached out to Haneet, his contact details are given below and you can interact with him on Whatsapp as well. He was courteous and clarified all my doubts. Only issue was the harness, as he sent a wrong one. However the place where I installed had an original harness and cost me 400. I originally paid 1500 to Haneet for the Panel and Harness. You will also need a pin for the antenna and that cost 100.

You can reach out to Haneet at 9990450210.

As for installation it wasn't that easy but if you get a person who is good at it, shouldn't take more than 2 hours. There was no cutting of wires but they had to make some minor cuts inside the grey outer panel.

Last edited by Chillout : 9th September 2015 at 19:27.
Chillout is offline   Reply With Quote