Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 9th April 2007, 15:50   #1
BHPian

Default Blaupunkt MP26 with GTx663 for Getz

Hi All,

I've been shopping around for a simple + elegant HU with 4 6-inch 3-way speakers with a budget of 10 - 12k . Many of the car audio shops in Chennai seem to be pushing for models that they have in stock (i.e. Kenwood/Pioneer headunits with Boston acoustics' Ultimate or Sony speakers etc)

Found all the things i'm looking for in the Blaupunkt 'Mumbai MP26' Headunit..priced at Rs 7750 at the Blaupunkt brandshop. Hoping to pair this with thier GTx663 speakers (priced at 2500/pair) for my Getz

Would appreciate comments (both good and bad) about the products and also about installation/service experiences at the Blaupunkt brandshop at Pattulos road here in Chennai

Praveen.
PraveenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2007, 16:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
Found all the things i'm looking for in the Blaupunkt 'Mumbai MP26' Headunit..priced at Rs 7750 at the Blaupunkt brandshop. Hoping to pair this with thier GTx663 speakers (priced at 2500/pair) for my Getz .
I would compare JBLs CS range with Blau's Gtx. Dont know of any another speaker brand in this price range.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 11:17   #3
BHPian

Default Some more feedback Audio Gurus-MP 26 Blaupunkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
Hi All,

I've been shopping around for a simple + elegant HU with 4 6-inch 3-way speakers with a budget of 10 - 12k . Many of the car audio shops in Chennai seem to be pushing for models that they have in stock (i.e. Kenwood/Pioneer headunits with Boston acoustics' Ultimate or Sony speakers etc)

Found all the things i'm looking for in the Blaupunkt 'Mumbai MP26' Headunit..priced at Rs 7750 at the Blaupunkt brandshop. Hoping to pair this with thier GTx663 speakers (priced at 2500/pair) for my Getz

Would appreciate comments (both good and bad) about the products and also about installation/service experiences at the Blaupunkt brandshop at Pattulos road here in Chennai

Praveen.
Hi all you audio gurus,
How do you rate the Blaupunkt Mumbai MP 26? What would you team it up with- I mean which speakers for a Maruti 800 2003 model.Consider that I like listening to music- all sorts slow rock to instrumental but not very loud.I am not a audiophile so i do not need a very hi tech set up ( and a very costly set up )Currently I have a old Maruti set up-Popular audio with 2 speakers one of which has a whining sound .Would appreciate your feedback or any suggestions of alternatives and approx costs involved.
fergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 22:27   #4
BHPian

I'm not an audiophile too, but I've been using the MP26 for about 6 months and there a few things to love and loathe about.

I love its simple layout, minimalistic display, solid build and superb FM reception. I've paired them with four GTx663s on my Getz, and they are installed on the door panel.
Very clear and crisp output even at low volume levels.

Some of the minor UI annoyances are:
-Can't put the system in standby by cycling thru the 'SRC' button.. got to hold the mute button for few seconds, the remote can only cycle between the sources..
- Track/Frequency cannot be displayed with the clock, only either of them
PraveenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 09:35   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
How do you rate the Blaupunkt Mumbai MP 26?
nice sound. pair it up with a pair of 6" coax in your front doors and a pair of 6x9" in your rear deck. can you fit 6" coax in an 800? if not then try 5".
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 14:18   #6
BHPian

we have pioneer models coming out with 35+ watts RMS. how can we compare these with the blaupunkt models which give max of 26Watts RMS?
joe_mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 14:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

there is a very high probablity that the RMS wattages ( and the speakers themselves) are fake!
Even original pioneers are not that good IMO, i mean, how many way speakers does one want?
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 15:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

anyone looking at blau should seriously consider the th series for front components. around 4k they seriously kick *** for the price
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote