Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th May 2007, 21:48   #76
BHPian

hi Audio experts!!
I will be booking a santro on may 30, the dealer is offereing mp3 player+ speakers + antenna.
HU: sony CDX-GT260S
Front : sony XS-GF1022X
Rear: XS-GF1322X

i will be upgrading the speakers later on.
i will be considering
front cs2104 or GTO427
rear: not decided yet
my only concern while upgrading will be to get the speakers fitted in their stock positions. and i will not be going for subs. As i will not be upgrading the HU, so please advise me if the HU will be good enough for the to-be-upgraded speakers or shall i ask the dealer to give me a better HU by paying the extra amount?(dealer will only be giving a sony HU).which sony HU do you guys think will be better??
katpasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 01:00   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
hi Audio experts!!
I will be booking a santro on may 30, the dealer is offereing mp3 player+ speakers + antenna.
HU: sony CDX-GT260S
Front : sony XS-GF1022X
Rear: XS-GF1322X

i will be upgrading the speakers later on.
i will be considering
front cs2104 or GTO427
rear: not decided yet
my only concern while upgrading will be to get the speakers fitted in their stock positions. and i will not be going for subs. As i will not be upgrading the HU, so please advise me if the HU will be good enough for the to-be-upgraded speakers or shall i ask the dealer to give me a better HU by paying the extra amount?(dealer will only be giving a sony HU).which sony HU do you guys think will be better??

Hey Katpasin ,

It would be better to ask for cash back discount from the dealer so that you can go get the stuff outside. ask him how much is the cash discount he can give you.

what is your budget for the ICE , you can find a thread dedicated for different budgets , go through that you will get a basic idea of where to spend on what.

GTO 427 would be much better than cs 2104

let us know your budget then the real gurus will chip in and give you better suggestions.
romyeo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 08:10   #78
BHPian

thnx for the reply romyeo4u
i am on a low budget.. will hav a budget of 10-12k if i get the complete ice setup done outside. the dealer would offer me rs5500 cash discount for the mp3 HU,speakers and antenna. my limitation would be to get the speakers fitted on the stock locations.so basically looking for good 4" fronts and 5.25" rears.will not be going for subs.
i thnk i have 2 options
1. get the better sony HU fitter by the dealer by paying up 1-2k extra and upgrade the speakers outside for about 6-7k max.In this case plz advise wich sony HU and which speakers shall i upgrade to.
2. take the cash discount and get the entire ice setup done outside for 10-12k. In this case advise the HU and the speakers.

plz advice guys..
katpasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 09:45   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi!

Doesn't your hyundai showroom offer JBL to you? According to my information, all Hyundai showrooms stock and sell JBL in their accessories dept. JBL are HMIL genuine accessories.

Ask the accessories manager, tell him you know for a fact that the accessories depts of other hyundai showrooms offer these products (at MRP)

11-12K isn't bad for an mp3 player and 4 speakers, but if you get back only 5.5k that's a bit of a loss. Maybe you can tkae the Sony HU and convince him to give you better speakers, or you can keep the sony HU and buy a nice 4" annd 5.25" coaxial speakers from the aftermarket.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 12:39   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hi!

Doesn't your hyundai showroom offer JBL to you? According to my information, all Hyundai showrooms stock and sell JBL in their accessories dept. JBL are HMIL genuine accessories.

Ask the accessories manager, tell him you know for a fact that the accessories depts of other hyundai showrooms offer these products (at MRP)
Sam they do stock other brands as well ,but they tell that sony is the default one,and infact they don't have many models .
the place where i bought SANTRO , he had one JBL GTO 937 to offer
romyeo4u is offline   Reply With Quote