Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 3rd May 2007, 12:26   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
All ipods have 3.5mm. ...Definitely 3.5mm audio jack.
Sorry must be the long night. I thought BOW was talking about a 1/4" (6.3mm) socket. I use a 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter as my phones are 1/4".
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
ummm, the place where you are trying to connect is audio out. you need audio in.

If you see carefully it's written audio out.
ok, then what should i do?

In the Fiesta, it is mentioned in the audio manual that to select Aux-in, you have to press the AM button twice. But there is nothing on the backside of the HU on Fiesta, except the default connection port.

It's really frustrating when you can't enjoy uninterrupted music on both the cars even when i'm having the ipod
arif_t01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:01   #33
Team-BHP Support

I dont think it will work in the fiesta or the uno.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...tml#post315056

best is FM modulator or if a cassette adapter.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 17:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
True there is the FM transmitter which is available as an accessory with the iPOD..........BUT that comes at a price I think about 3k.......Babe on wheels is on a budget . This contraption is very useful alright.

Cheers
have seen Belkin FM Transmitters perform really well. thay are as low as $20 in the US.. the clarity was as good as the usual radio stations..
CARtik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 19:13   #35
BHPian

@CartiK, can you provide more details about this FM transmitter...or probably I would like to listen to it in your car someday...
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 22:01   #36
Team-BHP Support

gopz, I have one of these things, and have used both itrip and belkin.
My conclusion? No matter what brand FM transmitter, you are better off with using a Headphone out - Aux in cable. It costs 50-100rs depending upon the place you get it from. Some good ones cost 160rs(MX or something IIRC)
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 23:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
My conclusion? No matter what brand FM transmitter, you are better off with using a Headphone out - Aux in cable. It costs 50-100rs depending upon the place you get it from. Some good ones cost 160rs(MX or something IIRC)
Absolutely. I got a Griffin and it is totally lame. It stops working or creates all sorts of distortions whenever, wherever. The last thing I can stand is my music getting distorted.

That whiney little thing costed me 1,500/- bucks. I thought of putting it on the market section but hell, I'll get hold of it when I go to Mysore and put it up on 'What you want to give away for free to a Team-BHPian thread'. I can't live with the guilt of selling it to a novice.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 01:16   #38
BHPian

Bought a n73 music edition recently. Wanted to hook it up to my pioneer HU. However my HU doesn't have any rca inputs. Try searching for a way to use to the ip-bus connector. Came up with this Gutterslide.com - Pioneer IP-BUS Hack

Made the cable and works good. Check it out.
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 12:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
In the Fiesta, it is mentioned in the audio manual that to select Aux-in, you have to press the AM button twice. But there is nothing on the backside of the HU on Fiesta, except the default connection port.
In my ever enduring quest for finding the aux-in, i finally managed to find a connector behind the glovebox. Any idea what this is for? Is there any possible way of bringing out a connection for my ipod nano or any other mp3 player from this?

Audio Gurus
Old 12th October 2007, 19:00   #40
BHPian

Default Help??

hi
I have an alpine cda-w560e insatlled in my swift.It has a CD and cassette player.I dont use the casette player ever.Is there a way to create an aux-in port for it??
neo_gr8est1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 11:05   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_gr8est1 View Post
hi
I have an alpine cda-w560e insatlled in my swift.It has a CD and cassette player.I dont use the casette player ever.Is there a way to create an aux-in port for it??
easy way is to get one of those EP to Cassette adapters.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 14:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
In my ever enduring quest for finding the aux-in, i finally managed to find a connector behind the glovebox. Any idea what this is for? Is there any possible way of bringing out a connection for my ipod nano or any other mp3 player from this?

Audio Gurus
Do you own a Fiesta? Are you referring to the 2-din 6 cd changer?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 15:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Do you own a Fiesta? Are you referring to the 2-din 6 cd changer?
Yes & No.

I have a Fiesta TDCi Zxi which comes with 1-DIN Single CD changer.

I had gone to the service centre & got them to remove a CD player from one of the cars and would you believe it, the backside is empty of any port other than the standard bus. The same thing is applicable to the 2-DIN 6 CD Player. That's why i think there could be lead from the standard bus to connect to the Aux player and if what i found is correct, i think all the Fiesta owners will be happy

BTW, the CD Player is by Sanyo!
Old 17th December 2007, 12:36   #44
RAC
BHPian

Hi. I am looking a using my creative mp3 player with my (extremely) old cassette player.

I came to know that there is a method where a cable is connected to the AM frequency xxxx in the HU and the other end of the cable has a 3.5 mm jack which is used at the EP end on the mp3 player. Apologise for my lack of knowledge but i hope you understand.

Has any of the t-bhp members heard of this or have it in their set-ups. I asked around a few shops and they could not help me. I wish to get the same done for my player in Bangalore.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 08:32   #45
BHPian

Lightbulb Diy All Blaupunkt Hu's!!!

this is the simplest DIY of all. no need for FM transmitters of anything of the sort. the Blaupunkt HU generally requires the cable shown here twice before but is not as easily available everywhere at least not in bangalore(checked SP road). i did the install myself in my Blaupunkt Long Beach C31 head. when u remove the head from the dash there are two sets of connectors that you disconnect. the lower one is for power antenna etc etc and the upper one is for the speakers. there is a third connection jack also there which in most heads is no in use unless you have a cd changer or amp connected. typically pins 18, 19 and 20 are for the aux in. they are on the extreme left from top to bottom. 18 is left, 19 is GND and 20 is right. you can either get computer plugs to match the pins of make them by chopping a speaker lead in half. beyond that you need a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and cable. can be made from an old headphone set even just make sure you get the phasing right. soldering is typically not required with Blaupunkt HU's and it will void your warranty. you have been warned. will post back on sunday with pics. Regards Aditya. cheers:
valhallen.282 is offline   Reply With Quote